Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:50 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by HOPPITY
Hi I Am New To Thi Site So Wanted To Say Hello To You All
Good To See Some Of You Already Know About This Programme, Are Any Of You On It? We Are The Jones Family Who Went Out With The Bbc In August To Film Our Bit In Brisbane/gold Coast, We Are Just Waiting Confirmation From The Bbc To Find Out When It Will Start (january Sometime Towards The End So I Was Told) Will Keep You All Informedwhen Know. Hope You All Enjoy It......

Sarah
Bedfordshire
hello i watched your one this week can i ask have you applied for a visa wondered wether the visit really made your mind up or not? gold coast is where we are hoping to go by end of may if visas come through
lesley
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:24 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Bloke
PS
Average wages for TOP level is around $658 AUD not GBP per week. That equates to about $34216 AUD not GBP per year gross.
yes, but if you work a 70 hour week , like the chap in question, this average would get close to $80000 with o/t rates. so above average pay could reach the £40k stated. i personally wouldn't want to work those hours but each to their own
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:26 am
Just Joined

ladydi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HOPPITY
Hi ladydi
thed gated community was at Hope island not far from the Pat cash tennis centre

sorry it took so long
Sarahx
No worries....thanks for the info. I wish you and your family all the best on the Goldcoast! You won't be disappointed, that area is booming with many high rises in the works. Lots of work for the trades, as is te same situation
in Western Canada!

Good luck!
Diana
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:28 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I've just watched the first three episodes.

I think it's a much better show that A New Life Down Under, much more realistic, the good and the bad. It hasn't been edited to make the families look stupid like ANLDU was.

The bit where the families back in the UK send their video messages brings home just how hard this emigration lark is. It's not all beer and skittles, there's a lot of heartache too.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:30 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I've just watched the first three episodes.

I think it's a much better show that A New Life Down Under, much more realistic, the good and the bad. It hasn't been edited to make the families look stupid like ANLDU was.

The bit where the families back in the UK send their video messages brings home just how hard this emigration lark is. It's not all beer and skittles, there's a lot of heartache too.
I have only watched the first one, of Matt the butcher and his wife. I sobbed my hard lancashire heart out when his son cried and his dad was recording his message. I am sooooo pleased I don't have family with which I have this bond.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:34 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am just watching the first perth one of the butcher and his family. They get a choice with country, coast and city. They have described Applecross as country, how friggin hilarious is that..
They've called "Malaga" country as well, and "Clarkson". And there was one other suburb - can't remember which one - and they called it on the coast making it sound like it's miles away from Perth, say like Bunbury, but it was just a Perth suburb that's on the beach.

Nadia (and the researcher) clearly has never looked at a map of Perth.

There are quite a few other mistakes in the programmes as well. It's fun.

Gina
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:36 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I have only watched the first one, of Matt the butcher and his wife. I sobbed my hard lancashire heart out when his son cried and his dad was recording his message. I am sooooo pleased I don't have family with which I have this bond.
OMG! I do. Most definitely, that is why I need to go home.

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Jan 27th 2007 at 11:39 am.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:37 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
They've called "Malaga" country as well, and "Clarkson". And there was one other suburb - can't remember which one - and they called it on the coast making it sound like it's miles away from Perth, say like Bunbury, but it was just a Perth suburb that's on the beach.

Nadia (and the researcher) clearly has never looked at a map of Perth.

There are quite a few other mistakes in the programmes as well. It's fun.

Gina
Malaga!!! (said as Ma'lager)is an industrial area of Perth.

I wish you could remember, we live on the coastal strip and it's nothing like 'the country'.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:33 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Just downloaded and watched a couple of episodes featuring Adelaide and Sydney respectively. I fully expected it to be a bit of lunchtime escapism (like that other show Nadia did in Spain) and whilst it was, I was still quite surprised . Okay, so some of the information was total bullshit, but I think they went far further than many of these programmes have in depicting the down-sides as well as the up-sides. Highlight of the two programmes I watched was when the the couple looking to move to Sydney were offered Wollongong as a 'country' option!!?!!! WTF? Wollongong might be a lot of things, but 'country' it isn't. Anyway - hello to the families that appeared in the programme, good luck with your move, above all else trust your gut instincts rather than than the lop-sided horse-shit you'll hear from a lot of the people on this site. Oh and hello to all the new folks that signed up on 26th of January which is officially the most depressing day of the year in the UK and coincidentally - Australia day.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 1:03 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I am just watching the first perth one of the butcher and his family. They get a choice with country, coast and city. They have described Applecross as country, how friggin hilarious is that..
Had a chuckle about that too. They were a nice family though. Considering what they were leaving in Luton then a falt in downtown Kabul would be a step up. I used to live round the corner from Mondos. It's a top butchers.
The family from Bournemouth were nicebut unfortunately, one of life's victims. They have nothing in the UK but at least out here they would have a chance. They just couldn't take the step up to get it. Ut speaks volumes about where they are and why.
We did not like the family from Ireland moving to Sydney. Their son was a tool.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 1:05 pm
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Hutch
Just downloaded and watched a couple of episodes featuring Adelaide and Sydney respectively. I fully expected it to be a bit of lunchtime escapism (like that other show Nadia did in Spain) and whilst it was, I was still quite surprised . Okay, so some of the information was total bullshit, but I think they went far further than many of these programmes have in depicting the down-sides as well as the up-sides. Highlight of the two programmes I watched was when the the couple looking to move to Sydney were offered Wollongong as a 'country' option!!?!!! WTF? Wollongong might be a lot of things, but 'country' it isn't. Anyway - hello to the families that appeared in the programme, good luck with your move, above all else trust your gut instincts rather than than the lop-sided horse-shit you'll hear from a lot of the people on this site. Oh and hello to all the new folks that signed up on 26th of January which is officially the most depressing day of the year in the UK and coincidentally - Australia day.
can u tell me where u downloaded from not getting much luck with bbc website
Old Jan 27th 2007, 1:22 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paula&leedevine
can u tell me where u downloaded from not getting much luck with bbc website
www.uknova.com

Good explaination of the site and how to download from it from Rodders earlier in this thread.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

If anybody could let me have Thursday 25th Jan episode (Brisbane) I'd be extreeeeeeeeemly grateful

For those interested, I believe the schedule for the upcoming shows is as follows:

29/1 Brisbane (teacher)
30/1 New South Wales (Barber)
31/1 Adelaide (Car mechanic)
1/2 Queensland
2/2 Perth
5/2 Sydney
6/2 Adelaide
7/2 Brisbane

I hope this is correct as I'm setting my EyeTV on my MacBook Pro to record them!

Cheers

TicTac
Old Jan 27th 2007, 4:12 pm
Banned

graciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant future

THANKYOU GUYS FOR YOUR REPLIES REF CARPENTERS,THE WAGES HERE IN BOURNEMOUTH UK IS £ 8.50 START OF AND £10.50 AFTER A FEW MONTHS AS EMPLOYED, I THINK THATS CRAZY FOR A SKILLED WORKER, THATS WORKING AT SUNSEAKER FITTING OUT BOATS.HARD TO GET ONGOING SELF EMPLOYED, SO HOPING OUR LIFE WOULD BE BETTER IN QUEENSLAND $25/$35 DOLLARS ISNT BAD CONSIDERING EVERYTHING IS A BETTER PRICE IN QUEENSLAND THAN UK ANY ONE NEED A CARPENTER!!...??...I AM OFF TO BRISBANE/SYDNEY/ADELAIDE IN 11 DAYS, WITH MY FATHER, ONLY GOING FOR 2 WEEKS, MY SISTER WORKS AS CABIN CREW FOR EMIRATES AND SO SHE IS GETTING ME A 90% DISCOUNT, LEAVING HUBBY AND KIDS AT HOME BUT GONNA GRAB THE OPPERTUNITY WHILST SHE STILL WORKS FOR EMIRATES,HOPE TO GAIN SOME INFO ABOUT QUEENSLAND BEST AREAS TO LOOK AT FLYING TO SYDNEY ONLY AS HAVE TO SO MAKE THE MOST OF SEEING IT, AND WILL POP TO ADELAIDE SEE DADS FRIEND WHOS LIVED THERE A LONG TIME HE LEFT ON THE £10 TICKET, ALSO MUST SAY I THOUGHT ADELAIDE LOOKED LOVLEY ON WANTED DOWN UNDER ANY ONE THINKING OF MOVING THERE....STILL GOT MY HEART ON BRISI/QUEENSLAND.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 4:19 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gracie,

enjoy your trip to Oz .

Can you please *not* write in CAPITAL letters. It is called "shouting", is hard to read and kind of rude . Just turn off your "Caps" key.

Gina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.