Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 26th 2007, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

ladydi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Hi All...this message is for Sarah...

I watched the show the other day and have just moved from Brisbane to London for a short while. I loved my stay in Brisbane and I miss it very much, especially now after seeing the show. I am sure you and your family will be very happy there!
I was also wondering, they showed you a property in a gated community with a swimming pool...do you remember what the area was called? When my husband and I were there, we rented a flat right in the city, but are interested in moving there to raise a family and would like to buy a house. I really liked that house they showed you and if I remember correctly it was not too far from the city....? Do you remember which property I am refering to??

Diana
Old Jan 26th 2007, 3:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
nope no confusion!!!!!!! that's what was said in the programme!!!!!! in POUNDS!!!!!
God almighty, we'll all be training to fit carpets at that rate
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
God almighty, we'll all be training to fit carpets at that rate
I know amazing eh?
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:10 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

I know amazing eh?
remember the guy was working 13 hour days. deserves it if he is gonna work that hard for it i say!
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I know amazing eh?
Sorry, haven't got time to post a proper reply, I'm sharpening my stanley knife! I WILL cut in straight lines then I CAN earn £50,000 a year .........
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

StopDreamingStartDoing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HOPPITY
I would just like to say to ALL OF YOU who understand the emotion that I went through today a BIG THANKYOU I could have asked them not to show this but I sincerely wanted to show people that are going through the same thing that you can not change in life what is meant to be, I watched my brother for 3 years going through absolute torture only to get nothing at the end of it, it was also coming up to his anniversary of his death which brings all that raw emotion back to me, after his death my mum became ill and gave in as she could not bear to live life without my brother this is what made me decide not to go to Oz, and then one day after my mum had died I thought "you know what" you can not change what is going to happen you can either sit here and wait for everyone to die or you can go out and give your kids a better life which is why we are now on the final stages of our application (waiting for our visas fingers crossed).
The BBC did help us in a big way in that they found my husband a job fitting carpets similar to what he fits in the UK so at last we have a job to go to when we finally do go.
Anyway enouth of me thankyou all once again for you kind words hope you all live the Oz dream

Take care

Sarahxx

Hi Sarah, this is my first ever post on here and i'm glad to hear your making the move. I am just interested to know if that One week was enough time to make the decision with regards to housing, job opportunities etc. Obviously there were more emotional aspects to your decision but like you said 'you cannot change what is goign to happen'.

Good luck
Richard & Tammy
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:56 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

A bit off topic (no surprise with me!) but i would love to know just how many have joined since the program aired.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:03 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paula&leedevine
hi kapri

we r off to perth costal south hopefully how about u ?
We're off to Melbourne. Hopefully in November if all goes well with visa and house sale. Can't wait
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:11 pm
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

Originally Posted by StopDreamingStartDoing
Hi Sarah, this is my first ever post on here and i'm glad to hear your making the move. I am just interested to know if that One week was enough time to make the decision with regards to housing, job opportunities etc. Obviously there were more emotional aspects to your decision but like you said 'you cannot change what is goign to happen'.

Good luck
Richard & Tammy

Hiya Richard & Tammy
We have been to oz b4 and also have family out there, we have also done about 6 years of research, and no I can honestly say in my opinion 1 week is not enougth time for you to make a HUGE & FINANCIAL DECISION to move to Oz

Take care

Sarahx
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:21 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

I know when I used to work for Carpetright (or Carpetwise as it was in Scotland) many years ago, our fitters were paid £1.50 a sq yard (or was it a sq mtr ?? can`t remember!!)and a good fitter with straightforward lays could make a very good living. However most of them ended up with knackered knees & such, so it wasn`t the sort of job you could do at a hectic pace up til you retired. It`s not as easy as it looks.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

StopDreamingStartDoing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HOPPITY
Hiya Richard & Tammy
We have been to oz b4 and also have family out there, we have also done about 6 years of research, and no I can honestly say in my opinion 1 week is not enougth time for you to make a HUGE & FINANCIAL DECISION to move to Oz

Take care

Sarahx
Hello again Sarah, i've just started a thread 'Where To Begin' that more or less explains our situation or where we're at as far as decision making is concerned, if you don't mind me asking did you use a migration agency to finish your move or did you have help from the BBC. I'm only asking because we are expecting a phone call call from one of the agencies recommended on a thread somwhere here abouts and wondered if its worth the additional cost. Sorry for being a nosey bugger...

Richard & Tammy
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light

HI,

My OH is a carpet fitter just like Sarah's hubby. I found the show very interesting and thought the Jones family were great. We're hoping to be off to Oz later this year. I just wanted to add that carpet fitters work VERY hard and deserve every penny they earn - despite what some on this site say. I'll be looking forward to the rest of the series and wish all the families good luck with the move!

Tasha
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:57 pm
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
I know when I used to work for Carpetright (or Carpetwise as it was in Scotland) many years ago, our fitters were paid £1.50 a sq yard (or was it a sq mtr ?? can`t remember!!)and a good fitter with straightforward lays could make a very good living. However most of them ended up with knackered knees & such, so it wasn`t the sort of job you could do at a hectic pace up til you retired. It`s not as easy as it looks.
Thanks mate for you comment I think people on here think carpet fitting is an easy job "that is why it is on the demand list" and yes I do earn good money but I also work very hard for it.
Thanks again

Don
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:58 pm
JONES FAMILY

Originally Posted by 4Reids
HI,

My OH is a carpet fitter just like Sarah's hubby. I found the show very interesting and thought the Jones family were great. We're hoping to be off to Oz later this year. I just wanted to add that carpet fitters work VERY hard and deserve every penny they earn - despite what some on this site say. I'll be looking forward to the rest of the series and wish all the families good luck with the move!

Tasha
Thanks Tasha
I know you understand.

Sarahx
Old Jan 26th 2007, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Louiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to behold

Hya Sarah
I saw your family on Wanted Down under and although I would have chosen the country option thought that Brisbane looked FANTASTIC, which is a shame as Ive got state sponsorship from Victoria - but sure Ill go there on my holidays.
Also like Pollyanna, Im getting mallets down from the loft and practising banging down my carpets for that salary.

Im a hairdresser and obviously DYING to go to Melbourne for $20 per hour (honestly theyd pay child chimney sweepers more!) have also sent off our medicals so are hoping to go soon like you.
The best of luck with your visa

Louise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.