Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by seayork2002
People are probably going to have a go at me but I need to have a whinge.

I saw today shows and I didn't mind the couple (they were a bit like me and husband and our situation) but I am finding it annoying looking at the people twirling/spinning those blooming flags. I will scream if I see it again!!! and please people could I not here the expression "at the end of the day" it is on all the shows (and Jeremy Kyle but that is another story)

Thanks for listening
Hi seayork,

I hope you are not being mean about Jeremy Kyle (he is so handsome)
I just want to know how the guy in Fridays show was a finanical advisor in 2 WEEKS. Did I mishear or did he say he had 2 weeks training....
Don't know about anyone one else but I would not take finanical advice from someone who had 2 weeks training Have to agree the girl was a bit of a moaner I was shouting at the TV "Get a bloody full time job"
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:38 pm
to be or not to be...

bluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi seayork,

I hope you are not being mean about Jeremy Kyle (he is so handsome)
I just want to know how the guy in Fridays show was a finanical advisor in 2 WEEKS. Did I mishear or did he say he had 2 weeks training....
Don't know about anyone one else but I would not take finanical advice from someone who had 2 weeks training Have to agree the girl was a bit of a moaner I was shouting at the TV "Get a bloody full time job"
You didn't mishear! I was wondering the same myself ,2 weeks it must entail much. Yep I also thought if your worried about his income , get a fulltime job.Jeez they hanen't even got kids.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluejohn
You didn't mishear! I was wondering the same myself ,2 weeks it must entail much. Yep I also thought if your worried about his income , get a fulltime job.Jeez they hanen't even got kids.
LOL and exactly how much training do some Financial Advisors in the UK get? I know some are highly trained, but a lot aren't.....
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:56 pm
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluejohn
But seem to be planning to have them! They can't depend on her working fulltime forever.

Also I will say it again what is everyone's obsession with them not having kids. Should all women who don't have kids work fulltime? Is it a question of one or other? In their case anyway it seems there was alot more to it. Her job in the prisons was stressful. She wanted a change and he wanted a change. She obviously compromised by going back into the prisons as his career change was still insecure. So his compromise might have been she could work parttime.

There is a lot more that goes on the is edited out by the program makers. Give them a break. They agreed to be revisited for the benefit of people like you all on this forum who want to know what it is like to move to Australia. Cut them a bit of slack!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Does anyone know if todays family made the move?
Would be nice to have an update about the Telecomms type of jobs.

Johnnyyt
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Does anyone know if todays family made the move?
Would be nice to have an update about the Telecomms type of jobs.

Johnnyyt
Don't know if they moved, but I was surprised that the little boy had never been to the beach. We live near Ystrad Mynach - where they are from and it is half an hour to Barry beach and an hour and a half to arguably the best beaches in the Uk down on the Gower. You don't need to move to Aus for that.

So now I've knocked them for not going to the beach (), I will say that they were a nice family and seemed sensible. Those property prices in Sydney would have crucifed them. Although, they did say her brother was already there. I reckon they didn't go in the end - but that's a guess.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Paul-N-Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks

Im guessing that this weeks episodes from series 1 last year, are all the ones that decided not to go to oz, all the series 1 revisited from last week were the ones who either were going or are there.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

my wife and I were absolutely gobsmacked about the family who chose to live in the south Adelaide burb of Renylla East as opposed to Bris Vegas and the gold coast.........

mind you , can't swim in either at certain times of the year, but South Adelaide ??? what on earth were they thinking ?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:45 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deryans
my wife and I were absolutely gobsmacked about the family who chose to live in the south Adelaide burb of Renylla East as opposed to Bris Vegas and the gold coast.........

mind you , can't swim in either at certain times of the year, but South Adelaide ??? what on earth were they thinking ?
One mans meat......
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:47 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

why the hell not? This is where i am going too? And be careful you dont offend people this lady posts on here Not eveyone wants to go to the flippin gold coast.. would rather poke my own eyes out
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Think you'll find a lot of people on here live there very happily
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

fair enough, apologies offered for my opnion, lets leave it as Bix says , One mans meat............

regards
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Think you'll find a lot of people on here live there very happily
Couldn't believe todays couple "we might get married again" if their daughter changes her mind on not wanting to live in Aus? Said they wanted what was best for her?
Found it very odd that divorced couple were putting a move to Aus as a way of getting back together and the emotional blackmail on their daughter at the end was awful
Seems they'll have a few things to sort out before the should even consider such a move. Must be very bizarre if they think having a pool will solve all lifes little/big issues
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:06 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

fair enough, apologies offered for my opnion, lets leave it as Bix says , One mans meat............

regards

Taken like a trooper.

For what it's worth I wouldn't go to Adelaide as it has a wierd affect on people. You only have to look at Mr.Mover and Wendy

Must be that nuclear radiation still drifting around
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:06 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

yes bit of an odd setup, wonder what they decided to do??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.