Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

sparklebelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I thought the same. Maybe, what seemed to be negativity was actually realism? They knew it would be hard, but they still wanted to move.

I think having kids would be hard for them right now with the job situation. Hopefully he can either get his Financial Advisor career going, (I think he had only been doing the job a few weeks) or find something else which suits him. Must be hard to have to go into the family business if that isn't what you want.

I think they are young enough and sensible enough to find solutions to these problems before they have kids.
Yes, you're right - it is good to see that some people have really thought about what they will be facing and I really hope that things continue to go well for them. I have wondered whether some of the people on WDU were REALLY considering emigrating, or whether they just went for the experience? It has been interesting reading the comments of the BE members who were on the programme and I guess we only see what the BBC wants us to see. After all, if everyone was happy all the time, it wouldn't make such good TV would it? (Not that I am cynical or anything, you understand!) By the way, does anyone know if tomorrow's episode of WDU is a continuation of this new series, or is it a repeat? The TV mag says it is a repeat, but the skyguide doesn't! No point in recording it if I've already seen it!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

cj321 will become famous soon enoughcj321 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sparklebelle
does anyone know if tomorrow's episode of WDU is a continuation of this new series, or is it a repeat? The TV mag says it is a repeat, but the skyguide doesn't! No point in recording it if I've already seen it!
This weeks episodes are repeats from last year according to : http://www.radiotimes.com/
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:53 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cj321
This weeks episodes are repeats from last year according to : http://www.radiotimes.com/
Hi CJ. I am so glad you posted. I received the dvd's last Friday but couldn't let you know as I had forgotten your full username and no longer had the PM. Thank you so much for sending them, it really is appreciated.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

sparklebelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cj321
Thanks for that CJ. Won't bother to record it then! Wish I were in Aus though, rather than just watching programmes about it....instead, another day at the chalkface is looming!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:45 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Yep your right it could be edited to make them sound like a couple of whing bags You do 4get some times.

If they are on here I didn't want to offend them. It might not be their fault that they got on my T**s just the editing of the BBC.

I actually enjoyed watching this couple, although they did get on my OH's nerves. Watching the bloke go from a job he didn't like in the UK, to a change of career that he loves in Oz, was very 'refreshing', although i can't understand the appeal of being a financial advisor I loved it when after losing a contract she said 'you'll just afto get good at it' My OH's face was a picture

I was disappointed that the value of the dog, she paid £200 and it would cost £1,000 to take it (i wish!), seemed to be the reason they didn't take it and then she kept going on about how she loves animals and missed her dog - editing of the programme may have contributed to how heartless she sounded , but that's tv for you!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:03 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if all this week are repeats, todays was from last year.

Should have been painting the radiator I sat watching for the update on the family. ...... Bugger
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

People are probably going to have a go at me but I need to have a whinge.

I saw today shows and I didn't mind the couple (they were a bit like me and husband and our situation) but I am finding it annoying looking at the people twirling/spinning those blooming flags. I will scream if I see it again!!! and please people could I not here the expression "at the end of the day" it is on all the shows (and Jeremy Kyle but that is another story)

Thanks for listening
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:21 am
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

Originally Posted by wardy2
Does anyone know if all this week are repeats, todays was from last year.

Should have been painting the radiator I sat watching for the update on the family. ...... Bugger

I've look on the BBC tv website and this week seems to be repeats of series 1 - not revisited.

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:35 am
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seayork2002
People are probably going to have a go at me but I need to have a whinge.

I saw today shows and I didn't mind the couple (they were a bit like me and husband and our situation) but I am finding it annoying looking at the people twirling/spinning those blooming flags. I will scream if I see it again!!! and please people could I not here the expression "at the end of the day" it is on all the shows (and Jeremy Kyle but that is another story)

Thanks for listening
Noone is going to have a go at you for complaining about the style of the show! At least I should hope not.
One thing I hate about the show is the way they repeat everything over and over again almost like there were advertisements in between and they need to recap but there aren't so it is just annoying!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

Oh yeah I forgot that one as well!. And when they have the revisted one I get confused with what was in the past and the present.

Originally Posted by alicecat
Noone is going to have a go at you for complaining about the style of the show! At least I should hope not.
One thing I hate about the show is the way they repeat everything over and over again almost like there were advertisements in between and they need to recap but there aren't so it is just annoying!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:43 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

so the ones that are on this week are all repeats from last week? If so I won't bother getting the OH to download them for me!

Therese
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

I am not sure but I have never seen today's before (it could still have been a repeat though) and it wasn't a revist one

Originally Posted by RedT
so the ones that are on this week are all repeats from last week? If so I won't bother getting the OH to download them for me!

Therese
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:55 am
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

This weeks episodes are repeats from series 1 which were shown last year. There are no updates.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

cj321 will become famous soon enoughcj321 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Hi CJ. I am so glad you posted. I received the dvd's last Friday but couldn't let you know as I had forgotten your full username and no longer had the PM. Thank you so much for sending them, it really is appreciated.
No Problem, let me know if you want the rest (about 7 more episodes) The Revisited hadn't finished and I didn't have all of this years last week but I do now. Anyway enjoy the ones you have.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:17 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr.benn
This weeks episodes are repeats from series 1 which were shown last year. There are no updates.
Thanks for that I can get on with tarting the house up to sell

kaye

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.