Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

ciao1966 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by Coppock
yea but bullying happens everywhere, how many families do you know that have kids getting bullied here, and for absolutely no reason? I was bullied all the way through high school, just because I was extrovert.
Point taken but these television programmes hardly ever reflect real life in the country, they always bang on about having a bbq, going down to the beech etc.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lebones
Regarding the brickie who would be up at 4 am and home by 2pm,when i lived in Melbourne and was a bus driver i quite often had early starts and early finishes.
It was great , i would get home ,get changed and head for the local swimming pool , great , nice and quiet ,all the kids at school.
Get the BBQ sorted for when my partner got home from work, have a nice BBQ meal and a few drinks, then i would be in bed around 10pm for another early start.
I think its called adapting to your situation and i loved it.

The one thing that does rub me up a bit is people going on about the hot weather, surely everyone knows it gets HOT in Oz,19 million!. put up with it
as i say you just learn to live with it.
Karma given, you do adapt to the situation. I worked for the forestry commission as a summer job whilst at college, weeding fields in the sunshine. It wasn't ozzie heat, but we used to get up and start work at bout 6, finish at 2, get home, shower and have the rest of the day!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ciao1966
Point taken but these television programmes hardly ever reflect real life in the country, they always bang on about having a bbq, going down to the beech etc.
Bus driving aint as physical as bricklaying, but i bet its still tough work esp on the mind. What's your dig with anyone wanting to go to oz?

Sounds like sour grapes.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Bus driving aint as physical as bricklaying, but i bet its still tough work esp on the mind. What's your dig with anyone wanting to go to oz?

Sounds like sour grapes.
Probably because they are cherry picking people with certain skill sets...this country needs these people too!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:05 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably because they are cherry picking people with certain skill sets...this country needs these people too!
then this country should do more to persuade these people to stay in their own country.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lesleyhunter79
then this country should do more to persuade these people to stay in their own country.
I get as angry as the next person about the lack of government etc. in this country...the best answer is to stay and fight them and make this country great again!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:11 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know Lesley...right now, no amount of persuading would make me stay here. If I wasn't going to Oz I'd be going somewhere else!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Bus driving aint as physical as bricklaying, but i bet its still tough work esp on the mind.

Sounds like sour grapes.
I would never knock bus driving I have been a chauffeur for 4 years and fully understand the demands of the road!!!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maybe a great big fan to blow the overcast away. . . maybe a cherry picking farm . . .
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
I don't know Lesley...right now, no amount of persuading would make me stay here. If I wasn't going to Oz I'd be going somewhere else!
I understand how you feel... but have you lived elsewhere long enough to see other countries problems? I mean a few years ago people were raving about Cape Town ...look at the Sky News tonight...total disaster
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:24 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I understand how you feel... but have you lived elsewhere long enough to see other countries problems? I mean a few years ago people were raving about Cape Town ...look at the Sky News tonight...total disaster

No I haven't lived outside of UK before, thats what I'm going to oz for to find out. If I don't like it there I will try somewhere else. Life is just one big adventure for us!

jackie
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
No I haven't lived outside of UK before, thats what I'm going to oz for to find out. If I don't like it there I will try somewhere else. Life is just one big adventure for us!

jackie
Best of luck on your adventure Mrs!!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:32 pm
Living the Dream!

Best of luck on your adventure Mrs!!
Thank you!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

lebones is on a distinguished road

Hi Ciao.
Firstly , without wanting to sound a know all , but have you actually lived in Oz.
You may think bus driving is not as hard as bricklaying, i dont know ive never been a brickie.
What i do know is driving a bus in 40c, and you cant run with the doors open,you get the really hot winds blowing, you cant get out of the sun you are sweating like the proverbial, believe me you do get home knackered.
Just another point on the heat, i loved to play lawn bowls during my 23 years over there, i started to play at abot 30, young enough you think, when i had spent a whole afternoon in the sun i really was ready forcold beer and a sit down.

Are you thinking of going Ciao!!.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Sounds like your time over there was great!

Mind you wouldn't envy pre air con bus driving ..Health and Safety Sir!!!

Bet you are enjoying France too? Make mine a glass of Pouilly Fumé!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.