Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

welshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud ofwelshtaffy has much to be proud of
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

agree totaly with all your replys..been watching it now for some years..and this series has got to be the worst(except the young couple ruth and adamand the single mother from s.wales..would really like to know how she's getting on).....but we'll soon see with the rest of this week revisited family's..just how much "wanted down under" really helps these familys..and i should imagine that most of this will be more edited than real

:curse:to the BBc
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

THis re-visited stuff is depressing - the price of houses
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:47 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Lot's and lot's and lot's of negative posts on this thread slagging off Auntie.
But how many have, or will, say it where it counts ?

Complain to the Beeb people. How else are they going to know ?
It's your licence money paying for what you describe as freebie holidays.
If you don't like the selection process tell them.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Sheffman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Oz_Dreamer
Couldn't have put it any better! As for the boy in the last show, nothing like a good slap across the arse wouldn't have fixed
Dont get me started on that, it has to be the worst show I have seen, from the top to the bottom, I couldnt believe the father attitude, well one job option is cruising the reef showing tourists arouns etc, now ok not everyone enjoys the same things but for him to dismiss it with the comment, 'no I dont do joe public'
And then the kids tantrum on the dock, not getting on the boat, that did it for me!
Oh and while I am having a rant,, why o why do so many people, when viewing a house say, yeah well its alright, but I dont like the decor,, well bloody change it then, do it yourself and if you cant save some money up an pay somebody, what the hell do they expect ????????
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Zigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant future

Hi! I agree that there have been a lot of negatives this time round, but I think that maybe there are a lot of people who think that they can pop over there, and its the land of milk and honey!! they think that there life will be a permanent holiday, with sunshine and sea and sand, and the realities haven't been a part of their thought process!! House prices have gone up a lot all over australia, but you still get a lot more for your money than you do in the UK!

I applied for the programme and we weren't selected perhaps because we had a more realistic view!

I'm not sure what my point here is!! It was negative, and people do seem to be on a freebie holiday...

oh and yes that stuff with granny crying because she's "missing everyone so much sniff..sniff!" what a load of cr*p!!! like you say they are gone for a week, does she get that upset when they go to spain for a week!?!?
I too fast forward through those bits, and the rest....and the guy with the family business....what a sap!!
Ok rant over....it had no point other than to agree with most of the previous 112 pages!!!?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:04 am
Just Joined

crosslc is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow - what a refreshing change the revisited one was. The Warner Family.... great family, good outlook on life and balanced view. I wish them every success.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Kirree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Just wanteed to say hello and welcome to the mad house. Have you applied for your visa yet?

Tina x

Just wanted to say we don't always moan at everything like we are on this thread (well some do ha ha).
Hi, thanks for the welcome,

havnt applied for visas as yet, we have someone from Visacorp looking into it. It seems we have been looking into moving out there for approx 4 years now . Neither myself or hubby had a trade etc, he is now a gas fitter so fingers crossed, things might start to go are way.
Like most people missing friends and family that still remain in the UK is upsetting for me, but saying that i am lucky as my parents would move out with us plus my brothers and there families live in Perth.

What about you, are you on the move out there?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by crosslc
Wow - what a refreshing change the revisited one was. The Warner Family.... great family, good outlook on life and balanced view. I wish them every success.
Today's was great wasn't it, really pleased that it worked out for them, can't wait for tomorow now
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:09 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtaffy
..been watching it now for some years..and this series has got to be the worst(
:
Its only been on since last year unless you know something we don't.

Libby if you are reading this you were great came accross really well. You've come such a long way since I watched you being filmed in Brisbane.

Best wishes

kaye
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wardy2
Its only been on since last year unless you know something we don't.

Libby if you are reading this you were great came accross really well. You've come such a long way since I watched you being filmed in Brisbane.

Best wishes

kaye
Todays family were great they gave such an honest down to earth picture with balanced views regarding lifestyle and offsetting against missing family.
Great programme look forward to the rest of the week - more like it.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

Todays family were just great. They were so realistic, so am going to download it from the viewer thing so hub can watch it too. If you guys read this, just to say you must be sooo proud of your eldest. What a pleasant, intellegent and balanced kid.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

dont think they'll be doing a revisited next year - theres probably only 2-3 families going out of this years bunch

infact, it could be quite funny, a bit like jim bowen on bullseye, 'this is where you could have been - but look at where you are, its dull its grey, its england!!!'

oh well who cares, we wont be here to watch them anyway
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:20 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

mmost of this mornings but from what i did see it was pretty good. did the family end up in Adelaide then? Only caught bit at end when it mentioned this? Will have a look later on bbci
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:20 am
u only get 1 shot

B@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to all

What a turn around, WELL DONE THE WARNER’S. This time last year this forum ripped into this family because of her messy kitchen. (just read the earlier threads) Now look at them. They are an inspiration and have underlined every positive reason to get off your backside and try making your life better in what ever way you feel is right for you, not just moving to the other side of the world as that is not right for everyone. So if you are in the process of your visa application take warmth from this story. Sometimes there is a happy ending.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:23 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Lot's and lot's and lot's of negative posts on this thread slagging off Auntie.
But how many have, or will, say it where it counts ?

Complain to the Beeb people. How else are they going to know ?
It's your licence money paying for what you describe as freebie holidays.
If you don't like the selection process tell them.
I have stopped paying my license fee, does this count as a protest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.