Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:06 pm
u only get 1 shot

B@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to all
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by lolylew
another good show today (the larners) - does anyone know if they have left for oz yet?

10/10 for observation you lot.
1st, When the 1st series was being filmed the world cup was in full flow, Hence the common theme throughout the shows. Passion and patriotism was running high. (at that point England were still in the competition)
2nd, We had been in Australia for a week before filming started, so I had drunk a few Aussie beers from a bottle prior to the filming.
3rd, we have been told to expect our visa’s early next week. House chain has broken since filming but others have shown an interest. Fingers crossed a deal should be done tomorrow and of course “BE” will be the first to know on any of the Larner’s developments.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:07 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B@lDeR$
1st, When the 1st series was being filmed the world cup was in full flow, Hence the common theme throughout the shows. Passion and patriotism was running high. (at that point England were still in the competition)
2nd, We had been in Australia for a week before filming started, so I had drunk a few Aussie beers from a bottle prior to the filming.
3rd, we have been told to expect our visa’s early next week. House chain has broken since filming but others have shown an interest. Fingers crossed a deal should be done tomorrow and of course “BE” will be the first to know on any of the Larner’s developments.
So I take it you are the bald goofy looking bloke on the program?
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:11 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
So I take it you are the bald goofy looking bloke on the program?
Subtilty always was your strong point Matt.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:13 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Subtilty always was your strong point Matt.
It must be the Scottish blood in me!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:14 pm
CDT
Forum Regular

CDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really nice

Originally Posted by lolylew
another good show today (the larners) - does anyone know if they have left for oz yet?

but someone please tell me what was going on with the estate agents hair - kept giggling to my self all day
a bald head with a strange fringe at the front - oh my
had to keep rewinding it to amuse myself

lisa
Thought the same about the estate agent Seemed to have a Friar Tuck look going on!

I believe the Larners usually post here under B@lDeR$. Would be interesting to have an update from them. edit: (Just noticed you`ve posted )

Have to say I`ve enjoyed both of the revisited programs. Just thought both families got the message across about doing what you think is best for your kids, and you only live once and have to take the chances you get.

Even though the it showed the Larners still in the UK, hopefully it showed that getting a visa can take a while.

All the best to both families
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:31 pm
u only get 1 shot

B@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to allB@lDeR$ is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CDT
Thought the same about the estate agent Seemed to have a Friar Tuck look going on!

I believe the Larners usually post here under B@lDeR$. Would be interesting to have an update from them. edit: (Just noticed you`ve posted )

Have to say I`ve enjoyed both of the revisited programs. Just thought both families got the message across about doing what you think is best for your kids, and you only live once and have to take the chances you get.

Even though the it showed the Larners still in the UK, hopefully it showed that getting a visa can take a while.

Thank you for your kind comments, i'll keep you posted as things are moving at a fast rate at the mo.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:36 pm
Straw Man.

If its any consolation, yours has been the best one so far.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:39 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Just watch for the Whelans next week. They owned a butchers shop in Luton. They are lovely people and I am sure all will enjoy their update.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B@lDeR$

Well that explains that then.

Ah, so it is all smoke and mirrors, I bet you felt right narnas running in and pretending.

Good luck with your visas. At least showing what you guys had to go through and how long it took, would give the right impression. Some people think it is easy to get a visa!!!

Having said that, I was sad that we didn't get to see how it panned out for you. Maybe they'll want another catch up with you next year???

Good luck with the house sale - hopefully you'll have another offer soon.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:41 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by northernbird
Just watch for the Whelans next week. They owned a butchers shop in Luton. They are lovely people and I am sure all will enjoy their update.
The updates have been so much better than the previous ones.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:43 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
The updates have been so much better than the previous ones.
To me the second series was silly. Showing them houses they couldn't afford, taking people over that might not have qualified for visas. It was daft. I too have enjoyed the updates far more.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

melaniepittam is an unknown quantity at this point

B@alders, really enjoyed your show!!

Jemma (think that was your name if I remember correctly), your thoughts are so so much like mine, very much up and down!! Our problem is that my husband is also the same, which doesn't help matters.

Finally, I think we have turned a corner, and it seems to be 'when we get our visas' (fingers crossed), rather than 'do we/don't we!'

Paul (hope that's right, god I'm crap with names), your positive attitude is fantastic, not 'rose tinted, but life's an adventure'.

Wish you all the best in your new life and will maybe meet you one day, depending where we end up, as can't decide yet!

Melanie
Old Jan 25th 2008, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CDT

'friar tuck' - THATS IT!!!! love it

lisa
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:52 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Really enjoyed the updates so far. Will watch todays tonight when we get home.

It was great to see hillarys beach and Caversham wildlife park again yesterday as we were there in November.

think this series has been pants apart from a couple of shows

Joex
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all, Really enjoying todays show, what a down to earth couple. Its a great episode to show my boys as the older one is NOT GOING! Lol.

I really hope this family is on BE as I would love to speek to them.

Last edited by shabee; Jan 25th 2008 at 8:59 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.