Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

I know one week is nowhere near long enough to decide the rest of your life, but...... i wish the BBC would put families on this programme who really want to make a go of it.
Does anyone know whether the families can choose where they want to be in Oz, or are they put where there's the most work/employment to suit them.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TMRE
Been there done the IVF route. Consultant said enough was enough only had 3 cycles but he didn't think it was worth carrying on. Hubby was working long hours and was then made redundant. He got another job better pay, better hours. He relaxed a bit more, so did I and forgot about having another baby. We have a 12 year old and spent more time with her. On Saturday we are celebrating our "you can't have anymore kids I'm afraid" daughters 2nd Birthday!. Maybe and just maybe a change of lifestyle can help sometimes.
I agree totally re lifestyle - My daughter was 8 yesterday - the one they told me I could never have without IVF. I gave up a very stressful job and also gave up smoking. A few months later I was pregnant naturally. (Although I spent 6 months in hospital and nearly died having her as my condition is not simply inability to conceive)

I was trying to say that the poor woman hoped that Ozzie Drs would have a miracle cure. Obviously lifestyle changes are down to her and this may have been part of her wish to move. I have 100% sympathy with her feelings, just thought she was sadly hoping for something medically which Oz Drs can not provide. I hope that she is able to conceive eventually.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:26 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baby75
the BBC only show what they want us to see but all the programs have a very negative feel about them don't they.
Is it true the series is being sponsored by the BoE and labour government to help stem the cash exodus ?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:50 am
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Originally Posted by pazza
I know one week is nowhere near long enough to decide the rest of your life, but...... i wish the BBC would put families on this programme who really want to make a go of it.
Does anyone know whether the families can choose where they want to be in Oz, or are they put where there's the most work/employment to suit them.
We chose where we wanted to go, can't say for others but there was no talk of not letting us go to where we wanted to.

Bix - no idea about the sponsorship I'm afriad

It is a shame that they concentrate on the negatives, believe me they take enough footage for a MUCH longer programme!!! They cut my lovely friends being really suppotive and saying 'go for it' and of course showed my poor Mum crying! They will edit it whatever way they want not always showing the happy moments and comments saying, we're definitely going to give it a try.

Can't wait to get home from work and see today's sounds like a great one!Can't wait to look at Cairns again anyways!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
We chose where we wanted to go, can't say for others but there was no talk of not letting us go to where we wanted to.

It is a shame that they concentrate on the negatives, believe me they take enough footage for a MUCH longer programme!!! They cut my lovely friends being really suppotive and saying 'go for it' and of course showed my poor Mum crying! They will edit it whatever way they want not always showing the happy moments and comments saying, we're definitely going to give it a try.

Can't wait to get home from work and see today's sounds like a great one!Can't wait to look at Cairns again anyways!
I thought todays was quite negative but I looked passed that and thought Cairns looked great even though I'm hoping to go to WA.

I watched Cairns when you were on and thought it was great, more positive than the others I'd seen. I was just wondering when it was filmed and how long before you go now? Sorry, being nosey

Dawn
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:59 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alicecat
He would have been a fool to go for a second in command position in any restaurant and I think it is more patronising of the Australian restaurant to actually tell him that after taking into account his experience they could offer him a second in command position. I also think he was very diplomatic considering their patronising superior attitude to him.
I think both of them were very fair and diplomatic.
So who would they have sacked to give him the head chef job. The only job on offer was that of a sous chef he knew that when he picked the job option.

Too many people decide to emigrate and expect to have it handed to them on a plate and want what they had previously in the UK. You cant walk into a new country and expect to be given the bosses job straight away.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:03 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Too many people decide to emigrate and expect to have it handed to them on a plate and want what they had previously in the UK. You cant walk into a new country and expect to be given the bosses job straight away.
Dat is da truth
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:08 pm

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Originally Posted by pazza

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:12 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

We heard you the first time Ruth
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:16 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
We heard you the first time Ruth

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:23 pm

whoopss!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Dawn-D
I thought todays was quite negative but I looked passed that and thought Cairns looked great even though I'm hoping to go to WA.

I watched Cairns when you were on and thought it was great, more positive than the others I'd seen. I was just wondering when it was filmed and how long before you go now? Sorry, being nosey

Dawn
Was filmed beginning of August 2007, we're hoping to go in June as long as we've sold the house by then!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

Was filmed beginning of August 2007, we're hoping to go in June as long as we've sold the house by then!
Good luck with it all

Dawn
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

abertawe is an unknown quantity at this point

What is this programme.

What channel is it on.

What day and time?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

pominNoosa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by abertawe
What is this programme.

What channel is it on.

What day and time?
seems to be on every morning at the moment on BBC1 straight after the breakfast programme.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.