Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Australia an oversold country?

Is Australia an oversold country?

Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Australia an oversold country?

Originally Posted by danjones1
A good example of lacking in culture.
Most people seek out the familar..human nature i guess.That is something like we considered the difference between a traveller(way before the so named backpackers of today) and a tourist,arrogantly so i must admit,in that real that travellers sought out difference emmersed themselves in alien cultures etc,etc,. In the end do what feels right for you.Oz is a fine usually safe place and hassle free to holiday,travel in and the like...all true but this goes only so far.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:19 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Plenty of Asian countries to fit that bill for holidays
Plenty of islands in the pacific too(but dont tell anyone)
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Same.

Although, whilst headhunting, cannibalism and marrying 9 year olds is part of other cultures, there seems to be uncertainty as to what ours is eg; UK and Australia etc.
Then go forth and discover.....it's a jungle out there.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Then go forth and discover.....it's a jungle out there.
What the hell does that mean, sensei?

You on the weed again?
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:26 am
Just Joined

bayside66 is an unknown quantity at this point

To quote a Top Gear presenter...

"Australia is where you go when you’ve made a mess of everything. That’s why the 1.3m Brits who live there are known as whingeing Poms. Because they’re all failures."
That must be why he came down-under to take a look recently.

Last edited by bayside66; Jun 25th 2009 at 8:30 am.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I prefer my language, food that I am used to, and I like driving on the correct side of the road

For a Holiday, as you say, I agree with you, but Australia isn't a Holiday, it is a life with some extra options. Plenty of Asian countries to fit that bill for holidays
Plenty of Asian countries certainly fit the bill for a holiday but also plenty of folk go to these lands and discover the rythem and don't come back.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:30 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

Unless you live in Darwin then Asia as a destination from Australia is still an awful long way for a holiday (and I am guessing no one reading this would be adventurous enough to live in Darwin).

Sydney to Singapore is what 8 or 9 hours? From the UK you could get to every continent in the world within the same time.

Australia is not somewhere you go if you want to explore different countries and cultures.

If you want a sterile country where to Govt nanny you and you don't mind the increased risk of skin damage from the sun then go for it!

To quote a Top Gear presenter...
"Australia is where you go when you’ve made a mess of everything. That’s why the 1.3m Brits who live there are known as whingeing Poms. Because they’re all failures."
There is one thing to live in a country and another to visit for your job.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bayside66
That must be why came down-under to take a look recently.
Expect so just like the rest of us no hopers...spare a thought for us complete and utter failures lured under false pretences of UK tv and far too bewildered and traumatised to be remotely capable of correcting this great injustice bestowed on us while living in this hell on earth, far from the pillars of civilisation and people.
Take heed all folks in fairer lands ........
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:56 am
Just Joined

Unless you live in Darwin then Asia as a destination from Australia is still an awful long way for a holiday (and I am guessing no one reading this would be adventurous enough to live in Darwin).

Sydney to Singapore is what 8 or 9 hours? From the UK you could get to every continent in the world within the same time.

Australia is not somewhere you go if you want to explore different countries and cultures.

If you want a sterile country where to Govt nanny you and you don't mind the increased risk of skin damage from the sun then go for it!

Been there, done it, bought the tee shirts, Aus is fine for me.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:57 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bayside66
To check out how much of a flop Top Gear Australia is.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:58 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

If I was going to live there I would rather live in Papua New Guinea. Great flying!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:10 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

You missed two: Australia and Antarctica. Plus a few scraps like New Zealand - New Caledonia.

Still two out of three ain't bad for a silly sod.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:25 am
ABCDiamond

You may be surprised... 5% of the Darwin population is British born, same as Brisbane, and more than Sydney which is only 4% British born...

Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Crow
Well, if this is life as a failure - then more should try it
Leo Sayer got his Aus citizenship this year.
If that is failure, bring it on
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light

I just don't get this obsession with constantly wanting to travel overseas????

Australia is god damn bloody continent!

I have spent 4 years of annual leave exploring Australia and I still have not been to the Kimberleys, Lake Eyre or Cape York among many other places.

Whats the point in migrating to Australia to go on holidays in Yorup??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.