Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Australia officially in a Recession

Is Australia officially in a Recession

Old Oct 23rd 2012, 1:59 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Australia officially in a Recession

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
I think I said exactly this before, most post good advice, sometimes good, sometimes not so good, it's the handful who post negative stuff over and over, I know it's a free world, but as soon as I see their posts, I take absolutely no notice of anything they say, especially when they say they post the crap, just to annoy folk looking at migrating, which is my choice as well.
I understand that, however you may see them as being negative all the time and in turn they may see you as wearing rose tinted glasses ... I think it cuts both ways.

But rather than get into it over and over again with the same people just stick on them on your ignore list or don't respond to their posts.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 2:04 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sue
I understand that, however you may see them as being negative all the time and in turn they may see you as wearing rose tinted glasses ... I think it cuts both ways.

But rather than get into it over and over again with the same people just stick on them on your ignore list or don't respond to their posts.

I enjoy it and like the banter, it doesn't bother me, I like a little ding dong, probably my comments about them give the impression that they bother me, but they don't.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 3:43 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Am I the only person on BE who had a decent size house in the UK?

It isn't the UK's fault you all chose to live in pokey little sh*tholes, it's your fault
No, not at all, millions of people live in good sized houses, it is ridiculous to assume the contrary but it does suit the arguments of some.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 3:56 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chris955
No, not at all, millions of people live in good sized houses, it is ridiculous to assume the contrary but it does suit the arguments of some.

Are you sure your actually in the UK?

You have to admit that overal houses in the UK are a lot smaller than houses in Australia.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure your actually in the UK?

You have to admit that overal houses in the UK are a lot smaller than houses in Australia.
Just depends on your budget and area like most countries, units in Perth were small and not well built...the last home we built in Perth was very expensive with High Specks....ie heating, insulation with upgraded window frames and still on a windy night everything rattled lol......
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by brits1
Just depends on your budget and area like most countries, units in Perth were small and not well built...the last home we built in Perth was very expensive with High Specks....ie heating, insulation with upgraded window frames and still on a windy night everything rattled lol......
Your right, that's the world over, but it's a fact that houses in Australia overall are bigger practically than any other country.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Chirs I agree with you here, I think people seem to assume that we all live in tiny homes etc here in the UK when they or their families/friends have lived or live in small homes for me and my OH's family we all live in nice size homes as do our friends here in the UK...but I do know people who live in small homes but unlike P.B I dont paint everyone with the same brush so to speak nor do I think most people who live in Aus have pools and numerous bedrooms and homes on large blocksl
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Your right, that's the world over, but it's a fact that houses in Australia overall are bigger practically than any other country.
Modern day Perth homes are becoming smaller (in a lot of areas)with subdivision of land and costings more units are being built on blocks that would of once housed 1 home, a block a bit smaller than our last home was sold and 3 .....3 units were built on it. I much prefer the older area's of Perth (well a few of them anyway) were you still have a decent garden with proper tree's etc and your roof is nearly not touching the neighbours....one of the reasons we did not like the newer Northern Subs.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:36 pm
Banned

Modern day Perth homes are becoming smaller (in a lot of areas)with subdivision of land and costings more units are being built on blocks that would of once housed 1 home, a block a bit smaller than our last home was sold and 3 .....3 units were built on it. I much prefer the older area's of Perth (well a few of them anyway) were you still have a decent garden with proper tree's etc and your roof is nearly not touching the neighbours....one of the reasons we did not like the newer Northern Subs.

I know I have seen them, but the land they are built on is still big plots compared to most new builds here in the UK, they cram houses in here, little terrace houses, semi-detached, flats, etc. it's not the end of the world, it's just how it is.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:39 pm
Banned

Chirs I agree with you here, I think people seem to assume that we all live in tiny homes etc here in the UK when they or their families/friends have lived or live in small homes for me and my OH's family we all live in nice size homes as do our friends here in the UK...but I do know people who live in small homes but unlike P.B I dont paint everyone with the same brush so to speak nor do I think most people who live in Aus have pools and numerous bedrooms and homes on large blocksl

No one thinks everyone lives in a small house in the UK, I live in a good sized house, but the majority aren't right big.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know I have seen them, but the land they are built on is still big plots compared to most new builds here in the UK, they cram houses in here, little terrace houses, semi-detached, flats, etc. it's not the end of the world, it's just how it is.
No its all good as peoples budgets are all different, I would find it a bit harder to live in a unit or terrace home as I have never lived in a small home...but I would if I had no choice, I would just be happy to have a home. They do have all of the above mentioned in Aus you know, by the way (I am being nosey now) where did you live in Aus?
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:45 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

no its not a fact

fact, is you get a bigger house if you pay more money for it,

ive seen this fallacy repeated year after year on here `i`m going to sell my terrace in Manchester and buy buy a huge house with a pool`
it don't work you get what you can afford to pay for

fact, houses currently being built are tiny due to housing generally being very expensive unless you want to live along way out,

sorry mate but from reading your posts you come over as being in ``dream land`` perhaps when you have finally moved out here, got a job and have actually experienced what your so quick to tell us, then perhaps, you`ll actually be in a position to ``tell us how it is`` at the moment all your doing is rattling on about how good life is in Australia based on government stats and hearsay, all from the comfort of your arm chair in the UK which is making you sound very naive and sorry to say it a little foolish

by the way just in case you want to know i`ve been living on the east coast for the last six years, bought a house, renovated it and started a new business its not all plain sailing its a lot of hard work

regards Steve
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

No one thinks everyone lives in a small house in the UK, I live in a good sized house, but the majority aren't right big.
Well they are where we live but again thats because of the area we live in...you have a lot of Terrace homes in the older area's of any City and Mill Towns, thats just the history of the UK, my SIL lives in a lovely Georgian Terrace home it looks tiny from the outside but its a tardis really on the inside, same with my nephew, his Terrace home is Early Victorian and covers 3 floors, its lovely and has a beautiful garden.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steve`o
no its not a fact

ive seen this fallacy repeated year after year on here `i`m going to sell my terrace in Manchester and buy buy a huge house with a pool`

fact, houses currently being built are tiny due to housing generally being very expensive unless you want to live along way out,

sorry mate but from reading your posts you come over as being in ``dream land`` perhaps when you have finally moved out here, got a job and have actually experienced what your so quick to tell us, then perhaps, you`ll actually be in a position to ``tell us how it is`` at the moment all your doing is rattling on about how good life is in Australia based on government stats and hearsay, all from the comfort of your arm chair in the UK which is making you sound very naive and sorry to say it a little foolish

by the way just in case you want to know i`ve been living on the east coast for the last six years, bought a house, renovated it and started a new business its not all plain sailing its a lot of hard work

regards Steve
Many thanks for putting it so well....I wish anyone well going to and living in Aus, we worked really hard while we lived there (as we do in the UK now) to work our way up the lifestyle ladder so to speak but a lot of new migrants think it happens just as they get off the plane, I know some good friends who live in Aus and its been soooooooo hard for them, they lost a business and their home after only 3 years in Aus but they are still trying to make it work in their own words "they wanted what most of their friends had in Aus and believed that they could do anything and earn money" but it had taken us and the rest of their friends years to get where we did.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 6:01 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by steve`o
no its not a fact

regards Steve
Sorry mate you are wrong, the tens of thousands of houses I saw when I was in Australia were massive compared to the tens of thousands of mostly small houses here in the UK, not that I expect you to believe me, but it is clear it is the case in the housing in Australia link, you probably missed it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.