Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Hi all

We will be off in the new year (Buderim / Mountain Creek), just need to sell our house here in sunny Suffolk!!
If anyone is going over on a reccie trip (and they want to visit the high school at Mountain Creek) then you should drop them an email. They will show you around and answer any questions you have, the lady that shows you around (Sharon) is very friendly and originally a brit (20 odd years ago though).
We were there for about an hour or so and we really liked the school, more importantly our 16 year old son liked it as well (maybe the hot aussie chicks had something to do with it ;-))
We can't wait to get out there (and hopefully meet up with some of the posters on this forum)
Old Dec 30th 2005, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Hi all

We will be off in the new year (Buderim / Mountain Creek), just need to sell our house here in sunny Suffolk!!
If anyone is going over on a reccie trip (and they want to visit the high school at Mountain Creek) then you should drop them an email. They will show you around and answer any questions you have, the lady that shows you around (Sharon) is very friendly and originally a brit (20 odd years ago though).
We were there for about an hour or so and we really liked the school, more importantly our 16 year old son liked it as well (maybe the hot aussie chicks had something to do with it ;-))
We can't wait to get out there (and hopefully meet up with some of the posters on this forum)
thanks for the info about the school kevin, all being well, thats where we're heading too and am in the process of persuading my daughter to go back to school!

happy new year to you all

debs x
Old Dec 30th 2005, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi debs
The reason our son is going back to school (currently he has a job) is purely to make friends, I don't think there is a better way to make friends than going to school. There's 2000 odd people at Mountain Creek High split into 4 sub schools. If my son can't make at least a few friends out of that lot then I would be very suprised.
Not so sure he'll be happy wearing the uniform though :-))
Old Dec 30th 2005, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi debs
The reason our son is going back to school (currently he has a job) is purely to make friends, I don't think there is a better way to make friends than going to school. There's 2000 odd people at Mountain Creek High split into 4 sub schools. If my son can't make at least a few friends out of that lot then I would be very suprised.
Not so sure he'll be happy wearing the uniform though :-))
couldnt agree more kevin, she wants to go to a tafe but it seems they're more for adults.

when do you plan to go? all being well, we are loking at august and for beth to start the following january.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

We want to go ASAP, hopefully April.

TAFE would be OK I would have thought (the one near Mountain Creek), the one over in Nambour might not be so good though (for making friends at least). I think the TAFE's have a wider catchment area where as the schools are local only. Our son plans to go to school for the remainder of next year (year 12) then either TAFE or similar.

Have you been over yet?
Old Dec 30th 2005, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

We want to go ASAP, hopefully April.

TAFE would be OK I would have thought (the one near Mountain Creek), the one over in Nambour might not be so good though (for making <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=friends&v=55">friends</a> at least). I think the TAFE's have a wider catchment area where as the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=schools&v=55">schools</a> are local only. Our son plans to go to school for the remainder of next year (year 12) then either TAFE or similar.

Have you been over yet?
hi, my son is 17 and 18 next october so i think TAFE will be better for him. he is working at the moment as did not want to start college here and then leave with nothing to show for it. mind you we are having his heart mri done jan 12th so alot depends on the outcome of that. long story, problem with his medical ( see my other posts) so we are keeping our fingers crossed as if it delays the visa he could well be over 18 when the visa is issued. i am trying not to think about that senario! anyway good luck everyone. selina
Old Dec 30th 2005, 12:53 pm
stevenpoole9

Brasso. "love to hear a Wolverhampton accent again" are you mad???? Seriously my Mom and Dad used to live on the Northway, by the small shopping preicinct, they're now on Ward Grove. Small world isn't it? Love to have a meet up when we're over there, the more the merrier. We wanted to have agood look around a few areas so any sort of help would be great, and the kids owuld love it. Steve.

Old Dec 30th 2005, 12:54 pm
stevenpoole9

Brasso. "love to hear a Wolverhampton accent again" are you mad???? Seriously my Mom and Dad used to live on the Northway, by the small shopping preicinct, they're now on Ward Grove. Small world isn't it? Love to have a meet up when we're over there, the more the merrier. We wanted to have a good look around a few areas so any sort of help would be great, and the kids would love it. Steve.

Old Dec 30th 2005, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is there an echo in here??
Old Dec 30th 2005, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Is there an echo in here??
Kevin hows the snow in Bury? We're snowed in here! Oh and the power keeps flickering on and off!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by glittababe
Kevin hows the snow in Bury? We're snowed in here! Oh and the power keeps flickering on and off!
Just slush over here, it's been raining for a bit and it's warmed up a bit (up to 1 degree now!!)
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Hi all
I am here (Buderim) arrived yesterday....two years of hard slog to get here....cant quite believe it is all real now. Good luck to others coming over.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:40 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desperate2go
Hi all
I am here (Buderim) arrived yesterday....two years of hard slog to get here....cant quite believe it is all real now. Good luck to others coming over.
Congratulations !!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:40 pm

bjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by morrelllinda
Hello there

Never mind who is going to live on the Sunshine Coast who is already living on the Sunshine Coast is the question.

Hi I am Linda and emigrated here 2003 my husband and I are living on Mount Ninderry overlooking Mount Coolum. We came from Runswick Bay in the UK where I used to run a very successful B&B. Life on the sunshine coast is paradise. Bit rainy today but generally every day is sunny.

I have some friends who recently emigrated to Melbourne and they told me they had great difficulty in the transitition period from arriving and getting there new life up and running. I helped where I could but not being to familiar with Victoria and not living down there they struggled on there own with a few issues.

It was suggested to me to register on the Expat register and see if I can help all you weary travellers coming to Qld. I am in the process of arranging a web site to show what we can offer. A friendly face to meet people arriving was the big thing. Getting people organised in the initial couple of days of their arrival, and longer if necessary.
Helping newcomers to understand the rules and regulations of this State and pointing people in the right direction with regards to any issues they might find daunting. Accomodation - Car hire and buying cars - Registering cars - buying houses - Solicitors - Medicare - all the stuff you know so well in the UK is always a little different here. Believe me we found that out for ourselves.

We have accomodation here for up to 4 people - it is the end annex of our house and would be like a Boutique 2 Bedroom appartment with sea views, with all the mod cons. We are 10 mins from the beach 5 mins from the main H/Way in an excellent position to peruse the whole area. It is tranquil, with swimming pool large patio and a huge rainforest with resident ducks and roos, the lorikeets come daily and the black cockatoos come to tell us when the rain is due. All in all its paradise. We know lots of expats and have got a wide variety of Australian friends so as you can imagine life is wonderful.

Do you think this idea of helping people with the transition of leaving the UK arriving in Australia and the interim settling down period would be a good idea. I wont be able to take children below the age of 15 as we have a huge lagoon which would be rather dangerous, plus it is more Boutique accomodation not suitable for families with children.

Pleas let me know your thoughts as these ideas are in the early stages and we would value you comment.
Regards Linda
Hi Linda,

I see you are used to a B&B. Much as you have prob left that behind are you up for a like minded Oz migrant stopping by for a couple of days. Whilst waiting for my visa I am looking at where in March or April and am looking for where.

PM me or let me know,

( as far as I know I am normal and 38 years old male )

Regards,

Brian.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

brasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by stevenpoole9
Brasso. "love to hear a Wolverhampton accent again" are you mad???? Seriously my Mom and Dad used to live on the Northway, by the small shopping preicinct, they're now on Ward Grove. Small world isn't it? Love to have a meet up when we're over there, the more the merrier. We wanted to have agood look around a few areas so any sort of help would be great, and the kids owuld love it. Steve.
Really small world my in laws live on the North way too, Sunningdale Road the Sedgley end...totally agree..definitely look round a few areas and would recommend you rent first. We are building a house in the Hinterland,the area is beautiful and the school too, but I find it a bit too quiet, so we are giving ourselves another 6 months to finish our self build and then are moving much nearer the coast. The nearer the coast the more expensive the property!!!!Look forward to meeting you all, let me know if you want any advise about the areas and what happens first....more paperwork than we thought when we got here!!!! Maggie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.