Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:23 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by cresta57
Here ya go:

http://www.qsa.qld.edu.au/early/eycp/trials.html

http://www.bne.catholic.edu.au/pub/parents/stats.htm

That should give you a few ideas. If you don't know the localaties bang them into:
http://www.whereis.com/whereis/home.jsp and it will show you exact areas that you can zoom out or into.

thanks!!!! youre a star!!!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:41 am
At last! We're here!!!

alison_g is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Hi Guys

We are emmigrating out to the Sunshine Coast on 4 November 2005. My hubbie and I have 3 boys aged 14,11 and 6 and we would love to meet up with some expats!!

We already have a rental home lined up and the boys have places at Mountain Creek High School and Primary School .

We would be grateful for any help or advice about the area and hopefully we can meet some of you very soon.

Best Wishes

Sheila
Hi Sheila
Just a quick one... we are already here, been on Sunny Coast for a year now, both our children are at Mt Creek, one at Primary and the other in Yr 9 (14 in Oct) starts Yr 10 in Jan. Glad to see you are organised with rentals cost they are very thin on the ground at the moment.
Best of Luck with the move, there are 'loads' of Brits here so no doubt our paths will cross,,, its amazing how many people you get to know....
Regards
Alison
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

My daughter and I are on our way to the Sshine Coast in December.
We do not have anywhere set up yet as have been too busy letting out my house here....Hope we are not leaving it too late.
See all you that are there already.....very soon.
Rachel
Old Oct 18th 2005, 12:01 pm
Banned

morrelllinda is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
That is a lovely posting Linda, we climbed mount coolum in 2003.

We are also looking at settling on the sunshine coast, either coolum near my grandparents and cousins or if we have to settle near our sponsor it will be mountain creek, which we havent visited but seems a beautiful place going off the internet research.

so there you go another family heading to the sunshine coast.x
Cath n Paul I think you are making the right choice, its really lovely around here, give us a call when you come to the Sunshine Coast next time. Will send you my web page when I get it sorted - We havent walked up Mount Coolum yet !!!! looking down it looks an almighty climb. Did you know its the second biggest monolith in Qld (someone might out me right on this ) We have walked up Mount Ninderry but cheated and went up the easy way.

Do you know the story of Mount Coolum and Mount Ninderry ??http://www.southcom.com.au/~bell/nig..._dreamtime.htm

paste and copy it should work well worth the effort its a lovely story.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by desperate2go
We do not have anywhere set up yet as have been too busy letting out my house here....Hope we are not leaving it too late.
Rachel

WOW!! how exciting!! how old is your daughter
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:19 pm
At last! We're here!!!

alison_g is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by desperate2go
Rachel
Hi Rachel
Is there just the two of you? if so you may find it easier to find a rental cos you will have the option of units to look at, we are a family of 4 so need a bigger home. In December alot of people move here from interstate ready for the new school year in January. I know the lady at Elders told me the other day that a chap flew up from Melbourne last week to view 8 rentals and when he arrived 6 had gone.. we are busy trying to find a new rental as the owners have just sold our house
It will also depend on where you want to live, the Sunshine Coast covers a vast area and I can only speak for the Mountain Creek/Mooloolaba area, possibly because people want to get their children into Mt Creek schools (?).
Good Luck... check out www.realestate.com.au and look at the rentals in the area you are hoping to settle.
Alison
Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:07 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rooksie
good luck mate!!!!! my thread has died a death now if you get loads of replies how paranoid will i be!?!?!!?
Yes I remember your thread Rooksie, I just ignored it, this one seems much more interesting.

Rich
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Yes I remember your thread Rooksie, I just ignored it, this one seems much more interesting.

Rich

to**er!!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:17 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

WOW!! how exciting!! how old is your daughter
I take it your not married then
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wargod
I take it your not married then

twerp!!

and just for alison g's benefit i am a mother of 2 young daughters!!!!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

twerp!!

and just for alison g's benefit i am a mother of 2 young daughters!!!!
How old are your daughters Rooksie?
Old Oct 19th 2005, 11:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
How old are your daughters Rooksie?

5 and 10
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alison_g
Hi Sheila
Just a quick one... we are already here, been on Sunny Coast for a year now, both our children are at Mt Creek, one at Primary and the other in Yr 9 (14 in Oct) starts Yr 10 in Jan. Glad to see you are organised with rentals cost they are very thin on the ground at the moment.
Best of Luck with the move, there are 'loads' of Brits here so no doubt our paths will cross,,, its amazing how many people you get to know....
Regards
Alison
Hi Alison

Thanks for your message.I was just wondering if your children had settled in well. My eldest has just turned 14 and would be in the same year as your child. He is very worried at the moment, he doesn't think he will make any new friends.Any help and advice you could give me would be great.

Hope we can meet up when we get out there.

Best wishes

Sheila
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:57 pm
TITSUP

Smile Re: ** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Consider the suncoast hinterland we love it big house big land and its well cheep!!!

happy hunting

Steve

Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

brasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant future
Smile Re: ** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by Vic&jase
Hi Jane & Russ,

We are hoping to go to Buderim or surrounding. Main application is going in the post Wednesday this week (Huzza going under Skilled136/Electrician). We hope to catch up with you on a Northampton meet sometime (is there one planned soon?) and look forward to the day when we can do it in Oz! (and BBQ/Beer)

Vics (of Vic& Jase) xx
Hi! We have been living here on the sunshine coast for 12 months. We got our visa through my husband being a sparky. We live in a place called Mapleton, village community in the mountains, half an hour beach, 15 mins from Buderim. They dont tell you b4 you come that you still have to apply for temp permits, then licences etc....we were shocked that you cant just work over here straight away. You have to go on first aid courses, apply for certificates left right and centre....but when you are set up, being a sparky is a licence to print money, especially if you live in a small community, the locals love to use people near by. We have three small children, 2 of which ahve settled into the little community school and the other in the community kindy....just ACE!!! and they have seasons here too, which we are please about. Look up Mapleton, Mountville and Maleny on the Blackall Range, it is just out of this world....If anyone needs any help with temp accomodation, especially if you have kids, i can pont you in the right direction, as when we got here we travelled around for 10 weeks b4 we settled.....Maggie x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.