Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:55 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Hi Linda,
Its unfortunate that we wouldn't be able to stay with you as we have 2 children and you are definately right..... I would be a nervous wreck with them running around where there is a big lagoon :scared: but sounds as though you are going to do a very helpful thing to newly arrived people, Mrs Dagboy also does a settling in thing for people which looks excellent plus I have spoken to her a few times and she is really helpful, Sounds as though you are having the time of your life in your idylic place...... hopefully we will meet you one day next year wish me luck !!
Good Luck on your new venture too
Jane x
Old Oct 16th 2005, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Hi.

We are Paula & Peter and our two kids Simon 14, Emily-Rose 6, we got our visa's in April, house sold STC and hope to be on our way to the Sunshine Coast end Nov.

Really looking forward to the big move.

Paula.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Me and family - Rachel and Duncan plus kids Jake (14) and Lois (11).
We are renting in Mooloolaba and building in Buderim/Mountain Creek. I'm a midwife, he does graphics/print work. We all love it and are very happy here.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morrelllinda
Hello there

Never mind who is going to live on the Sunshine Coast who is already living on the Sunshine Coast is the question.

Hi I am Linda and emigrated here 2003 my husband and I are living on Mount Ninderry overlooking Mount Coolum. We came from Runswick Bay in the UK where I used to run a very successful B&B. Life on the sunshine coast is paradise. Bit rainy today but generally every day is sunny.

I have some friends who recently emigrated to Melbourne and they told me they had great difficulty in the transitition period from arriving and getting there new life up and running. I helped where I could but not being to familiar with Victoria and not living down there they struggled on there own with a few issues.

It was suggested to me to register on the Expat register and see if I can help all you weary travellers coming to Qld. I am in the process of arranging a web site to show what we can offer. A friendly face to meet people arriving was the big thing. Getting people organised in the initial couple of days of their arrival, and longer if necessary.
Helping newcomers to understand the rules and regulations of this State and pointing people in the right direction with regards to any issues they might find daunting. Accomodation - Car hire and buying cars - Registering cars - buying houses - Solicitors - Medicare - all the stuff you know so well in the UK is always a little different here. Believe me we found that out for ourselves.

We have accomodation here for up to 4 people - it is the end annex of our house and would be like a Boutique 2 Bedroom appartment with sea views, with all the mod cons. We are 10 mins from the beach 5 mins from the main H/Way in an excellent position to peruse the whole area. It is tranquil, with swimming pool large patio and a huge rainforest with resident ducks and roos, the lorikeets come daily and the black cockatoos come to tell us when the rain is due. All in all its paradise. We know lots of expats and have got a wide variety of Australian friends so as you can imagine life is wonderful.

Do you think this idea of helping people with the transition of leaving the UK arriving in Australia and the interim settling down period would be a good idea. I wont be able to take children below the age of 15 as we have a huge lagoon which would be rather dangerous, plus it is more Boutique accomodation not suitable for families with children.

Pleas let me know your thoughts as these ideas are in the early stages and we would value you comment.
Regards Linda
Sounds like an excellent idea to me. We are hoping to settle in the Sunshine Coast area and would certainly be interested in your services
Old Oct 16th 2005, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Sounds like an excellent idea to me. We are hoping to settle in the Sunshine Coast area and would certainly be interested in your services
Hi Linda, having only just moved to Oz 2 1/2 weeks ago I can honestly say I don't think I would have managed without the endless kindness, patience, understanding and guidance shown to me by the likes of MarySidey & family, Ange & Rich and a whole host of others down in Bayside. You really do need someone here to show you the ropes & essentially hold your hand whilst you find your feet. So I think a service like the one you are offering sounds great. I don't think I would have used it as personally (only speaking for myself not others) I wouldn't have been looking for somewhere upmarket and exclusive to start out as at that time every cent is needed in setting up your new life. I would have looked for somewhere fairly cheap, private and CLEAN with the essential things like a simply kitted out kitchen, toaster, kettle, tea bags, milk, bread etc, and with a payphone and internet connection. I also think help given in things like buying a phone card, a sim card and a car, knowledge of transport links and a refradex (The big map books, not sure how its spelt) and a list of names, phone numbers and addresses of local real estate offices. I think having someone to meet you from the airport is invalualble too as your slightly dazed by the time you get off the plane. I'm not saying this is what anyone else would want, it was just what I know I needed. I was very very lucky in that I had some fantastic people around me who were able to help and support me with all of the above. I hope this helps in some way.

Hurry up & get over here Paula! Can't wait to see you! PM me your home add so I can send you a postcard! & if you need any help at all with phone cards, or anything then give me a shout, I'm here & will get it all set up for you before you come out. x

RReed I have PMed you
Old Oct 16th 2005, 10:44 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Just looked at your post...... you DID get some replies see no need to feel left out ..... So you will be one of our neighbours then lol Better start my guest list
Jane x

i bloody hope so mate!!
Old Oct 16th 2005, 5:54 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Its Sunshine Coast for us too..., sometime in August 06 for the permanent move, Jan 06 for a scouting mission. We are looking at Maroochydore or Mount Column, or somewhere around there.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 7:44 pm
Banned

morrelllinda is on a distinguished road

Hello there'

I will send you my web page when Iget it finished still in the early stages but its coming on well.

We are situated 10 mins from Coolum Beach and 5 mins from Maroochy River, Have you visited before? We wil be offering 2 bedroom boutique appartment with everything you need to get you sorted. Welcome pack - provisions - help to find out what you neeed to know and all set on the rigdge of Mount Ninderry. We over look mount Coolum and the ocean, we have swimming pool - huge rain forest with lagoon, ducks and roos- and all the mods cons you will need.

Let me know if I can help you in any way I am most familiar with most things now and what I dont know my aussie frineds will tell me.

Regards Linda nearly 6 am and off for my early walk up the mountain, dull and overcast today but expecting well needed rain later
Old Oct 16th 2005, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,
I was just wondering who my neighbours may be We are hoping to be on the sunshine coast not sure where yet but want to meet and chat to people about their experiences and get to know them
Then when (I know if!!!!) we get there ...... all round ours for a barbie and
Jane xx
Hi Jane & Russ,

We are hoping to go to Buderim or surrounding. Main application is going in the post Wednesday this week (Huzza going under Skilled136/Electrician). We hope to catch up with you on a Northampton meet sometime (is there one planned soon?) and look forward to the day when we can do it in Oz! (and BBQ/Beer)

Vics (of Vic& Jase) xx
Old Oct 16th 2005, 8:55 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vic&jase
Hi Jane & Russ,

We are hoping to go to Buderim or surrounding. Main application is going in the post Wednesday this week (Huzza going under Skilled136/Electrician). We hope to catch up with you on a Northampton meet sometime (is there one planned soon?) and look forward to the day when we can do it in Oz! (and BBQ/Beer)

Vics (of Vic& Jase) xx

Hi Vics,
Oh that would be great to meet up this end and then to be neighbours out there
We have a meet organized on 6th Nov check out the thread and add yourself to it, We need to keep it going !!!!!! It is under do a search under Northampton meet 2. i will pm everyone on it when I get back from Spain for half term.
Its funny coz I was only looking at rentals today in Buderim spooky lol
Hope to see you on the 6th
Jane xx
Old Oct 16th 2005, 9:12 pm
Banned

morrelllinda is on a distinguished road

If you need to know more abut anything Kevin just let me know
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:21 am
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Vics,
Oh that would be great to meet up this end and then to be neighbours out there
We have a meet organized on 6th Nov check out the thread and add yourself to it, We need to keep it going !!!!!! It is under do a search under Northampton meet 2. i will pm everyone on it when I get back from Spain for half term.
Its funny coz I was only looking at rentals today in Buderim spooky lol
Hope to see you on the 6th
Jane xx
I really hope to make it. Are you bringing the Kids? Enjoy Spain, I am just back from a few days on my own!!(bliss)

Vics xx
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:29 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Originally Posted by Vic&jase
I really hope to make it. Are you bringing the Kids? Enjoy Spain, I am just back from a few days on my own!!(bliss)

Vics xx
Hi Vics,
Yes bringing the kids there is a play area for them but you have to pay for it think its £1.50 for an hour so we are also bringing toys gameboys etc so they don't get bored ........ they will still bug me!!!!!!!
Jane x
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Hi

We have lived in Caloundra Sunny Coast for almost 2 yrs and have loved every minute of it. It is a fantastic place to live and even though we had to live through the hottest Summer on record when we arrived we are hardened to the heat nowand moan if it is under 25C

It is expanding at a huge pace and you should have little trouble finding a house to buy- prices have stabilised/dropped a lot this year and there are bargains to be had. Renting a 4 bed might be tricky as they are in huge demand. Be prepared to go out early and pray a lot!!

Job wise -teaching is hard to get, tradies are in demand but most other jobs are in short supply, my mate has finally got an admin job after 18 mths of looking... A few people commute to Brissie but this is a long task at 1 1/2 hrs each way.

Good luck with it all guys, hope it all works out for you.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:58 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tinaj
Hi

We have lived in Caloundra Sunny Coast for almost 2 yrs and have loved every minute of it. It is a fantastic place to live and even though we had to live through the hottest Summer on record when we arrived we are hardened to the heat nowand moan if it is under 25C

It is expanding at a huge pace and you should have little trouble finding a house to buy- prices have stabilised/dropped a lot this year and there are bargains to be had. Renting a 4 bed might be tricky as they are in huge demand. Be prepared to go out early and pray a lot!!

Job wise -teaching is hard to get, tradies are in demand but most other jobs are in short supply, my mate has finally got an admin job after 18 mths of looking... A few people commute to Brissie but this is a long task at 1 1/2 hrs each way.

Good luck with it all guys, hope it all works out for you.
great post - thanks a bundle. am i right in thinking there are catholic schools in your area??

hubbie is a plumber - what are his chances of employment (in your opinion)

cheers

jacs x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.