Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Old Oct 17th 2005, 1:02 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by Rooksie
great post - thanks a bundle. am i right in thinking there are catholic schools in your area??

hubbie is a plumber - what are his chances of employment (in your opinion)

cheers

jacs x
Loads of jobs for plumbers in the Sunshine coast area mainly advertised word of mouth, he'll have to do some courses to get him down to the dire standards here
Loads of Catholic schools dotted throughout the region.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Hi Vics,
Yes bringing the kids there is a play area for them but you have to pay for it think its £1.50 for an hour so we are also bringing toys gameboys etc so they don't get bored ........ they will still bug me!!!!!!!
Jane x
Cool (my boys favoutire word!)

Josh is the same age as your lad, I will get him to bring his GB, she can go in the play barn! Great add me to the list!

Vicsx
Old Oct 17th 2005, 1:14 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vic&jase
Cool (my boys favoutire word!)

Josh is the same age as your lad, I will get him to bring his GB, she can go in the play barn! Great add me to the list!

Vicsx
will do glad you can make it
jane x
Old Oct 17th 2005, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
Loads of jobs for plumbers in the Sunshine coast area mainly advertised word of mouth, he'll have to do some courses to get him down to the dire standards here
Loads of Catholic schools dotted throughout the region.

fantastic!! thanks a million

how far are you from the coast ??
Old Oct 17th 2005, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

We are emmigrating out to the Sunshine Coast on 4 November 2005. My hubbie and I have 3 boys aged 14,11 and 6 and we would love to meet up with some expats!!

We already have a rental home lined up and the boys have places at Mountain Creek High School and Primary School .

We would be grateful for any help or advice about the area and hopefully we can meet some of you very soon.

Best Wishes

Sheila
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Hi Guys

We are emmigrating out to the Sunshine Coast on 4 November 2005. My hubbie and I have 3 boys aged 14,11 and 6 and we would love to meet up with some expats!!

We already have a rental home lined up and the boys have places at Mountain Creek High School and Primary School .

We would be grateful for any help or advice about the area and hopefully we can meet some of you very soon.

Best Wishes

Sheila
that sounds great - you are so lucky!!!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice
Smile Re: ** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Hi Guys

Best Wishes

Sheila
Hi Sheila

Have just sent you a PM. We've been here since May and happy to help with any advice to help you settle in when you arrive.

Cheers
Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice

great post - thanks a bundle. am i right in thinking there are catholic schools in your area??

hubbie is a plumber - what are his chances of employment (in your opinion)

cheers

jacs x
Hi!

So is it looking like the Sunshine Coast for you guys? If so - excellent choice!!

Cheers
Old Oct 18th 2005, 6:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by flumper
Hi!

So is it looking like the Sunshine Coast for you guys? If so - excellent choice!!

Cheers

yes mate!!!!!!! thanks for all your help and advice to date
Old Oct 18th 2005, 8:45 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

fantastic!! thanks a million

how far are you from the coast ??
We're 40 mins from Noosa & an hour from Maroochydore/Mooloolaba. Not really close enough to commute daily but the firm we contract for pays our travel costs when we work down the coast. We get a lot more house for our bucks up here as well as larger blocks.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 8:48 am
Account Closed

We're 40 mins from Noosa & an hour from Maroochydore/Mooloolaba. Not really close enough to commute daily but the firm we contract for pays our travel costs when we work down the coast. We get a lot more house for our bucks up here as well as larger blocks.
thats what im looking for to be honest - more house/land for our money what are the schools like - we are looking for catholic schools
Old Oct 18th 2005, 8:57 am

thats what im looking for to be honest - more house/land for our money what are the schools like - we are looking for catholic schools
St Pats is an excellent school here in Gympie probably one of the best in the area I'll have a look for a website after tea as it's ready now and I'm getting the glare :scared:
Old Oct 18th 2005, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morrelllinda
Hello there

Never mind who is going to live on the Sunshine Coast who is already living on the Sunshine Coast is the question.

Hi I am Linda and emigrated here 2003 my husband and I are living on Mount Ninderry overlooking Mount Coolum. We came from Runswick Bay in the UK where I used to run a very successful B&B. Life on the sunshine coast is paradise. Bit rainy today but generally every day is sunny.

I have some friends who recently emigrated to Melbourne and they told me they had great difficulty in the transitition period from arriving and getting there new life up and running. I helped where I could but not being to familiar with Victoria and not living down there they struggled on there own with a few issues.

It was suggested to me to register on the Expat register and see if I can help all you weary travellers coming to Qld. I am in the process of arranging a web site to show what we can offer. A friendly face to meet people arriving was the big thing. Getting people organised in the initial couple of days of their arrival, and longer if necessary.
Helping newcomers to understand the rules and regulations of this State and pointing people in the right direction with regards to any issues they might find daunting. Accomodation - Car hire and buying cars - Registering cars - buying houses - Solicitors - Medicare - all the stuff you know so well in the UK is always a little different here. Believe me we found that out for ourselves.

We have accomodation here for up to 4 people - it is the end annex of our house and would be like a Boutique 2 Bedroom appartment with sea views, with all the mod cons. We are 10 mins from the beach 5 mins from the main H/Way in an excellent position to peruse the whole area. It is tranquil, with swimming pool large patio and a huge rainforest with resident ducks and roos, the lorikeets come daily and the black cockatoos come to tell us when the rain is due. All in all its paradise. We know lots of expats and have got a wide variety of Australian friends so as you can imagine life is wonderful.

Do you think this idea of helping people with the transition of leaving the UK arriving in Australia and the interim settling down period would be a good idea. I wont be able to take children below the age of 15 as we have a huge lagoon which would be rather dangerous, plus it is more Boutique accomodation not suitable for families with children.

Pleas let me know your thoughts as these ideas are in the early stages and we would value you comment.
Regards Linda
That is a lovely posting Linda, we climbed mount coolum in 2003.

We are also looking at settling on the sunshine coast, either coolum near my grandparents and cousins or if we have to settle near our sponsor it will be mountain creek, which we havent visited but seems a beautiful place going off the internet research.

so there you go another family heading to the sunshine coast.x
Old Oct 18th 2005, 9:09 am
Account Closed

St Pats is an excellent school here in Gympie probably one of the best in the area I'll have a look for a website after tea as it's ready now and I'm getting the glare :scared:

LOL!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 9:31 am

LOL!!!!!!!!
Here ya go:

http://www.qsa.qld.edu.au/early/eycp/trials.html

http://www.bne.catholic.edu.au/pub/parents/stats.htm

That should give you a few ideas. If you don't know the localaties bang them into:
http://www.whereis.com/whereis/home.jsp and it will show you exact areas that you can zoom out or into.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.