** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:05 am
At last! We're here!!!

alison_g is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Hi Alison

Thanks for your message.I was just wondering if your children had settled in well. My eldest has just turned 14 and would be in the same year as your child. He is very worried at the moment, he doesn't think he will make any new friends.Any help and advice you could give me would be great.

Hope we can meet up when we get out there.

Best wishes

Sheila
Hi Sheila
Will send you a PM... he will be fine, Bethany took no time at all making a load of friends, alot of the kids at the School (Mt Creek) are either from overseas or interstate and are use to having new kids arrive and they all cope well as alot of them have been in the same position themselves.
Alison
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

brasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TITSUP
Consider the suncoast hinterland we love it big house big land and its well cheep!!!

happy hunting

Steve

Steve...where do you live in the hinterland on the sunshine coast...we live in Mapleton...havnt met any ex pats up here...how long have you been here?
Old Oct 20th 2005, 9:52 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brasso
Hi! We have been living here on the sunshine coast for 12 months. We got our visa through my husband being a sparky. We live in a place called Mapleton, village community in the mountains, half an hour beach, 15 mins from Buderim. They dont tell you b4 you come that you still have to apply for temp permits, then licences etc....we were shocked that you cant just work over here straight away. You have to go on first aid courses, apply for certificates left right and centre....but when you are set up, being a sparky is a licence to print money, especially if you live in a small community, the locals love to use people near by. We have three small children, 2 of which ahve settled into the little community school and the other in the community kindy....just ACE!!! and they have seasons here too, which we are please about. Look up Mapleton, Mountville and Maleny on the Blackall Range, it is just out of this world....If anyone needs any help with temp accomodation, especially if you have kids, i can pont you in the right direction, as when we got here we travelled around for 10 weeks b4 we settled.....Maggie x

sounds smashing!!!! much work for plumbers??

cheers

jacs x
Old Oct 20th 2005, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

brasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rooksie
sounds smashing!!!! much work for plumbers??

cheers

jacs x

Just like sparkys, once you have your licence...loads of work and loads of money if you can work for yourself....if work direct for a company about the same or a tad more than in uk. Electricians get about $25 dollars an hour, so with exchange rate about £12 an hour when work direct. If you are a contractor $50-$60 an hour...........Maggie
Old Oct 20th 2005, 9:59 am
Account Closed

Just like sparkys, once you have your licence...loads of work and loads of money if you can work for yourself....if work direct for a company about the same or a tad more than in uk. Electricians get about $25 dollars an hour, so with exchange rate about £12 an hour when work direct. If you are a contractor $50-$60 an hour...........Maggie

Thanks!!!!

are there any catholic schools you know of please?
Old Oct 20th 2005, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Thanks!!!!

are there any catholic schools you know of please?

In the village of Mapleton where we live there is just the state run small cute village school. However the town of Nambour is 10 mins drive and they have 3 catholic school in that area alone...the catholic schools are all fee paying schools(private run) but the fees are cheap compared to the UK.
They seem to love schools over here, every where you look there are schools and collages...we are 30 minutes from the coast and i would guess there is over 10 to choose from in the 30 minute parameter drive
Old Oct 20th 2005, 10:33 am
Account Closed

In the village of Mapleton where we live there is just the state run small cute village school. However the town of Nambour is 10 mins drive and they have 3 catholic school in that area alone...the catholic schools are all fee paying schools(private run) but the fees are cheap compared to the UK.
They seem to love schools over here, every where you look there are schools and collages...we are 30 minutes from the coast and i would guess there is over 10 to choose from in the 30 minute parameter drive

thanks a million - karma sent
Old Dec 29th 2005, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

hi all, thought i would make a post in this thread so those of us heading for this area could be updated on our future neighbours! i had my meds requested before xmas so shouldn't be long now but still have property to sell. what about everyone else? are you there, nearly there or now goinig elsewhere? selina xxx
Old Dec 29th 2005, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

wibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant futurewibbers has a brilliant future
Smile Re: ** Who Is Going To/living On Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by selina
hi all, thought i would make a post in this thread so those of us heading for this area could be updated on our future neighbours! i had my meds requested before xmas so shouldn't be long now but still have property to sell. what about everyone else? are you there, nearly there or now goinig elsewhere? selina xxx
Just to give you some sort of timescale'

I had my medical on 2nd November and the visa was accepted on 30th November, so hopfully not long to wait now.

I would add that my agents never told me... I wrote a polite letter to my case officer asking her to look at my application earlier than the 11th of Jan (which was the date they stated in the medical request) if the opportunity should arise. She wrote back saying I gad been accepted a week earlier.

So fingers crossed and maybe we'll see you out there.

Wibbers
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:43 pm
stevenpoole9

We'll be in Mooloolaba from the 5th - 12th February. We are staying at the Alexandra Beach Resort. We are also staying for 2 weeks on Surfers Paradise, We wanted to have a good look around whilst validating our visas, there's 5 of us, Me, the wife (Tracey) and 3 kids, Ashlee 9, Ellis 6 and Aleysia 3. Hoping for the holiday of a lifetime.

Old Dec 29th 2005, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stevenpoole9
We'll be in Mooloolaba from the 5th - 12th February. We are staying at the Alexandra Beach Resort. We are also staying for 2 weeks on Surfers Paradise, We wanted to have a good look around whilst validating our visas, there's 5 of us, Me, the wife (Tracey) and 3 kids, Ashlee 9, Ellis 6 and Aleysia 3. Hoping for the holiday of a lifetime.
Hi! My husband and I emigrated with our kids of exactly the same age as yours 14 months ago...we live in the hinterland of the sunshine coast, 40 mins from Mooloolaba...actually going for a curry down there 2nite in the temperature of 35c....my husband comes from sedgley dudley near wolverhampton and i from Birmingham.
If you were interested we can meet up for a chat when you come over, would be nice to hear a wolverhampton accent...the kids would keep each other amused too...holly is 9 yrs, Myles is 6 yrs and youngest daughter Darcy is 3 yrs...would be great if you had time....maggie and andy
Old Dec 29th 2005, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alison_g
Hi Sheila
Will send you a PM... he will be fine, Bethany took no time at all making a load of friends, alot of the kids at the School (Mt Creek) are either from overseas or interstate and are use to having new kids arrive and they all cope well as alot of them have been in the same position themselves.
Alison
We are looking at the possibility of settling in Mt Creek when we get over late on in 2006. What is the age range of the Mt Creek school???
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
We are looking at the possibility of settling in Mt Creek when we get over late on in 2006. What is the age range of the Mt Creek school???
Hi

There are 2 schools in Mountain Creek, a primary school from age 5 - 12, and a High School across the road from age 12 - 17. Both schools are pretty big by uk standards, 1200 in the primary and over 2000 in the High school but so far this does not seem to be a problem.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Hi

There are 2 schools in Mountain Creek, a primary school from age 5 - 12, and a High School across the road from age 12 - 17. Both schools are pretty big by uk standards, 1200 in the primary and over 2000 in the High school but so far this does not seem to be a problem.
Cheers for that. Just realised then, our youngest (who will be turning 11 in Aug) will have to do a final year at the primary before going over to the secondary school. The numbers are massive, especially for a primary school. Has it got a good reputation for results??
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:33 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by selina
Hi Selina,
I must say I was suprised to see this thread on the first page again ..... Now I have read through it again and some of these people should already be there !!! lucky beggars........ I am freezing !!!! we have had meds req and have them booked for 12th Jan, once we know all is ok then we will put house on Market and sell cars furniture etc... so getting closer although stil in that ...... so close can almost touch it position
Jane x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.