Whatya Reading??

Old Oct 22nd 2010, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

durobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whatya Reading??

Thanks for the suggestions. I've just ordered all the books from the Saga of "Clan of the Cave Bear", and also "The Pillars of the Earth."
That should keep me going till the spring!!
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Austrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really nice

Originally Posted by durobird
Thanks for the suggestions. I've just ordered all the books from the Saga of "Clan of the Cave Bear", and also "The Pillars of the Earth."
That should keep me going till the spring!!
I have about 1500 books (english) if anyone wants any.

regards

John
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

durobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud of

Austrobrit...I wish there was some way of getting together. I would be happy looking through all your books. Maybe somebody in your area will get in touch. (Wherabouts are you?)
Do you never read them over and over? I have some favourites that I always read again.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

I still havent finished Sarah Waters book 'The Little Stranger' - cos its too spooky and with OH away for work, I had to put it down! I'm a sissy anyway and it just put the spooks up me

About re-reading favourite books - I want to re-read The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Attwood - a good and weird story. another book I'd like to re-read is The Sparrow - a strange sci-fi story.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Patty
I still havent finished Sarah Waters book 'The Little Stranger' - cos its too spooky and with OH away for work, I had to put it down! I'm a sissy anyway and it just put the spooks up me

About re-reading favourite books - I want to re-read The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Attwood - a good and weird story. another book I'd like to re-read is The Sparrow - a strange sci-fi story.
I did the Handmaid's Tale for A level. Really turned me onto Atwood, although she can be somewhat hard to categorise.... mainly you can only really call it 'feminist lit' really as that probably is her main theme... she is interested in how women view the world and inhabit the world that they find themselves in. I'm thinking of starting 'Her Sister's Keeper' by Jodie Piccoult next...
Old Oct 24th 2010, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
I did the Handmaid's Tale for A level. Really turned me onto Atwood, although she can be somewhat hard to categorise.... mainly you can only really call it 'feminist lit' really as that probably is her main theme... she is interested in how women view the world and inhabit the world that they find themselves in. I'm thinking of starting 'Her Sister's Keeper' by Jodie Piccoult next...
get your box of tissues ready Indie
Old Oct 24th 2010, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Patty
get your box of tissues ready Indie
hmmmm maybe that had better wait a few days then.... A thousand Splendid Suns had me sobbing into the pages.....
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

ambra_wandsworth will become famous soon enough

Got delivered some books by Jeff Lindsay today..., I 've lately "discovered" the Tv serial Dexter and finished to watch the last episode of the 5th series.. Not exactly the most cheerful kind of reading but I got really fascinated by this character..
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmm maybe that had better wait a few days then.... A thousand Splendid Suns had me sobbing into the pages.....
So brilliant. A book that makes you cry. CanĀ“t be bad.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon - laughed out loud.

Picture Perfect by Jodie Picoult. Wonderful.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Do, it is fantastic.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

I still haven't started Her Sister's Keeper. I just finished a book by Robin Cook who writes kinda medical thrillers. I can't remember the name now but the ending was rubbish. I'm now reading a book by Michael Connelly that my dad left here.... I'm almost running out of things to read again now... I can feel an amazon order coming on.....
Old Feb 14th 2011, 6:56 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I've started the first of the 4000 books I downloaded for my Ipad 3 months ago: Freakonomics
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

ballerina will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by duffer
I've started the first of the 4000 books I downloaded for my Ipad 3 months ago: Freakonomics
howdy doodies, may I join in? I ordered some books from amazon (uk) a couple of weeks ago and was well impressed when they arrived after only 3 days!

I read: The Life You Want by Emily Barr, I like her books, this one was half set in Venice. And the other I read was 'one Day' by David Nicholls, I was dubious because it got so many good reviewsd I thought they must be fakes, written by the publishers, but it was wicked, I read it in one go!

The other book I read was The Pregnancy Bible by lots of doctors.. lots of horrible scary photos. I put it down after a quick glance yeeeauurcchhh!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Stellina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ballerina
And the other I read was 'one Day' by David Nicholls, I was dubious because it got so many good reviewsd I thought they must be fakes, written by the publishers, but it was wicked, I read it in one go!

The other book I read was The Pregnancy Bible by lots of doctors.. lots of horrible scary photos. I put it down after a quick glance yeeeauurcchhh!
I loved loved One Day too Ballerina, I never cry with books but when you know what happened I was devastated. I can reccommend the "What to expect when you're expecting / In the first year" books for all things baby (no gory pics)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.