Wikiposts

Whatya Reading??

Old Feb 25th 2011, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whatya Reading??

Hubby found me a book at the 2nd hand shop here and it was and english book so he asked them how much and they said - oh you can have it for 50 cents !!! Its quite good too - called Blood Memories. Only thing is I cant read it now cos hubby says I must immerse myself in the ruddy highway code
Old Feb 26th 2011, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Patty
Hubby found me a book at the 2nd hand shop here and it was and english book so he asked them how much and they said - oh you can have it for 50 cents !!! Its quite good too - called Blood Memories. Only thing is I cant read it now cos hubby says I must immerse myself in the ruddy highway code
You must now become one with the highway code Patty.... I often wonder how many Italians actually read it... I was nearly driven into the middle of the roundabout again last night as a car came all the way round with me on the outside of my car!!! Have you enquired into bribary??
Old Feb 26th 2011, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
You must now become one with the highway code Patty.... I often wonder how many Italians actually read it... I was nearly driven into the middle of the roundabout again last night as a car came all the way round with me on the outside of my car!!! Have you enquired into bribary??
Must admit it had crossed my mind Indie

As for italians and roundabouts - heres my opinion.......
THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THEM.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

The book I ordered over a month ago has finally arrived - I cant wait to get stuck in - its called 'Afghanistan where God only comes to weep' by Siba Shakib.

The post is puzzling - ordered another book the day before and it got here about 3 weeks ago and I've already finished reading it - this one only arrived this
week ????
Old Mar 4th 2011, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

The book I ordered over a month ago has finally arrived - I cant wait to get stuck in - its called 'Afghanistan where God only comes to weep' by Siba Shakib.

The post is puzzling - ordered another book the day before and it got here about 3 weeks ago and I've already finished reading it - this one only arrived this
week ????
Don't ask me about the post Patty.... my current theory is that the postman saves all mine for a day when I'm out so he can chuck it over the fence....
Old Mar 5th 2011, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm sure you're right Indie. My post often comes in one lump so I do think he saves it up. My mum and sister sent us cards for our anniversary - they sent them on Feb 18th and we only got them yesterday - 4 March

We often get bills to pay and upon opening the due date is something ridiculous like in 5 days time - when its a big bill its not funny ! I remember back home we always had 28 days to pay - then another 2 wks before getting a reminder then another 2 wks and a red letter. Here we've already had our phone cut off for not paying immediately.

(must stop moaning now - I realise I am having a I hate Italy week/month)
Old Mar 5th 2011, 2:14 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Patty - telecom always ring me and ask when I'm going to pay the bill. I give them a date, if I can (if it's after the payment date) and then let them know on line I've done it. They seem very happy with that... Normally they are okay with the following week as long as I pay it then and let them know I've done it. Should clarify - I mean the pay date has come and gone and they normally call me two weeks after the bill was due...used to it now and it's a good reminder if I haven't paid!!
Old Mar 5th 2011, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have to say that the companies themselves don't send the bills out giving you enough time to pay and when you've got a postman like mine then they often arrive overdue. I'm lucky my OH is quite 'on the ball' so unless it's a real surprise then there is usually money to pay them but I wonder how many Italians are soooooo organised....
Old Mar 7th 2011, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

dina1965 will become famous soon enoughdina1965 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by indiebird
Don't ask me about the post Patty.... my current theory is that the postman saves all mine for a day when I'm out so he can chuck it over the fence....
I'm convinced our post is only delivered twice a month ! Our post box is completely empty for days on end ... then everything arrives at once and it's so full I can hardly get it open.
It's probably due to the fact that most companies now use private postal services ... and a monthly "round" is cheaper than a daily one.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Have just ordered a book that lots of my students told me about - its called
The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano (yes an italian )

Will let you know if it lives up to expectations !
Old Mar 15th 2011, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

ambra_wandsworth will become famous soon enough

Have just ordered a book that lots of my students told me about - its called
The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano (yes an italian )

Will let you know if it lives up to expectations !
It's a "premio STREGA" as well
I read it a couple of years ago, I really enjoyed it..really sad and a bit frustrating sometimes, my feeling at least, but I cannot tell you why.. Enjoy it!
Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

Anyone here an Ian McEwan fan? I loved The Cement Garden, The Comfort Of Strangers, Child In Time and Atonement. And I quite liked all the others. But I've just finished Solar and I think it's his worst yet. His first stab at comedy. Unfortunately he forgot to make it funny. Not recommended.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

ambra_wandsworth will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Anderson Council
Anyone here an Ian McEwan fan? I loved The Cement Garden, The Comfort Of Strangers, Child In Time and Atonement. And I quite liked all the others. But I've just finished Solar and I think it's his worst yet. His first stab at comedy. Unfortunately he forgot to make it funny. Not recommended.
I watched Atonement -the movie-..and I loved it!! I'll bear his name in mind for the book.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dina1965
I'm convinced our post is only delivered twice a month ! Our post box is completely empty for days on end ... then everything arrives at once and it's so full I can hardly get it open.
It's probably due to the fact that most companies now use private postal services ... and a monthly "round" is cheaper than a daily one.
I've had the same problem over the last few months , when I finally saw my postman(never seems to be the same person) I asked him about it, he told me that it was obvious that people only send me post every two weeks I then asked a friend who works for the post office and she finally explained what goes on; if a postino is ill, on holiday or on maternity leave one of his colleagues when he has a bit of sparetimewill deliver your post. He has to deliver the most recent post first, so if you postman has been off sick the last ten days you only get that days postthen then after that the post office decides for you what is "important post" and delivers it.So I have to pay interest on unpaid bills because the post office doesn't think it is important!!!
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Have just started Afghanistan - Where God only comes to weep and have to say am really loving it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.