Wikiposts

Whatya Reading??

Old Sep 14th 2010, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

durobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whatya Reading??

Hi Patty
How do you change your UK card address to your Italian address? I thought you had to be based in the UK?
Old Sep 14th 2010, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

durobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud of

Hi again Patty.
I went on-line and just changed my credit card address to this Italian one. No probs.
Then I ordered on Play.com and it accepted it straight away. So now I have Play.com and Book depository to order from. Both with free delivery. Thanks for the info.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 4:46 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

You might already know this but both Book Depo and Amazon will take orders for different delivery addresses to the one your card is registered to and Book depo is still free delivery.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Hi Testa rossa.
Yes I already use book depository, but I wanted to order some dvd's, which they dont do. But Play.com were simple and just as cheap. So I'm happy
Old Sep 14th 2010, 5:08 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough! Check out HMV as well, they are sometimes cheaper than Play even with their added postage!!

My last two Amazon orders arrived within 3 days!!!

Last edited by TestaRossa; Sep 14th 2010 at 5:14 am.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

dina1965 will become famous soon enoughdina1965 will become famous soon enough

I placed my first order with the Book Depo on 1st August. As I mentioned before, we have problems with deliveries which don't fit into our letter box. I received them yesterday ! My neighbour received them in the middle of August. No explanation. He just decided to give them to me yesterday saying "I've had these for about a month - I believe they're yours".
Old Sep 14th 2010, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dina1965
I placed my first order with the Book Depo on 1st August. As I mentioned before, we have problems with deliveries which don't fit into our letter box. I received them yesterday ! My neighbour received them in the middle of August. No explanation. He just decided to give them to me yesterday saying "I've had these for about a month - I believe they're yours".
Git!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 14th 2010, 6:45 am
The Original Red Head!

I have to say I never had Amazon orders delivered that fast before BUT I joined Prime in June as it means I can get express deliveries to UK addresses for free once I've paid the yearly fee. I expected it to come in useful for getting stuff fast to my son before he travelled back here for the summer and it did. It's brill, I order something now and it will arrive sometime tomorrow. It doesn't cover me for express delivery to here and I pay the usual fees, but I am wondering if having the Prime account has helped a little....
Old Sep 14th 2010, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

We did the free trial of Prime the xmas before last and it was fabulous... if we were in the UK I might consider it... our post has been quick recently too... my Mum forget to put Julia's card in the post until friday and it arrived here yesterday.... and there have been other things too....
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Reading Ex pats forum coz I have just finished my last English book. However I fly over to the UK on the 3rd for work, supplies and books
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

You are soo lucky - you'll be able to stock up with loads of books!
I live and breathe books - I wish I worked in a library.

Have to say I'm very happy with play.com - I've ordered a couple of used books and they've come within the week & free postage. Its great !
(how sad am I ....I've printed a list of Ruth Rendell cos I cant remember which ones I've read and which ones I havent and I'm ticking them off as I order them )
Just finished A Place of Execution (Val McDermid) it was really really good !
Old Sep 21st 2010, 9:06 am
The Original Red Head!

I'm reading Sacred Hearts by Sarah Dunant - way better than Birth of Venus which I really didn't enjoy and put me off reading any more of hers, but I'm glad I've given her another go. Set in Ferrara in the Renaissance. Read a book called Mistress of Rome set in the time of Domitian before that and Last Train to Liguria before that, having a bit of an Italian theme at the moment!! All interesting books though. The Rome one was very much like the series Rome in it's approach and I think it will be a series of books too. Also read the new Pratchett which is actually a kids book - well teen - but was a good read. You can tell I'm not watching much tv in the evenings and no-one is here can't you?!

For anyone who likes Magdalen Nabb's books, did you know she wrote a kids book? We got The Enchanted Horse from paperback exchange in Flo for about a €1 and it's enchanting Antonia!
Old Sep 21st 2010, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm thinking of setting up a book swap for anyone who might be interested/ desperate for different reading material. I'm just struggling to think of somewhere on the net where I could list what I've got and others could do the same. I guess I might have to list mine and then others swap with me?? Any ideas anyone as my brain seems to have drained.....
Old Sep 21st 2010, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Patty
You are soo lucky - you'll be able to stock up with loads of books!
I live and breathe books - I wish I worked in a library.

Have to say I'm very happy with play.com - I've ordered a couple of used books and they've come within the week & free postage. Its great !
(how sad am I ....I've printed a list of Ruth Rendell cos I cant remember which ones I've read and which ones I havent and I'm ticking them off as I order them )
Just finished A Place of Execution (Val McDermid) it was really really good !
Patty.. you are not a million miles away from me. We could meet up and swop books. I have boxes of them. Is there a good bar near you coffee or even an aperitif.

Pete
Old Sep 21st 2010, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by indiebird
I'm thinking of setting up a book swap for anyone who might be interested/ desperate for different reading material. I'm just struggling to think of somewhere on the net where I could list what I've got and others could do the same. I guess I might have to list mine and then others swap with me?? Any ideas anyone as my brain seems to have drained.....
I would be interested. Let me have a think about the website.. I think it could be done. I love messing about with websites this is one I did when I was in the UK. I closed the shop but left the site open.

www.demotivate.org Now you will see why I have my Avatar

Pete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.