Wikiposts

Whatya Reading??

Old Sep 6th 2010, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all
Default Re: Whatya Reading??

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Depends solely on the weight but €3 up I've found.
Thanks for that....still worth sending tho if others want and can swap... TR did you get the new Kindle, if so, how good is it ???
Old Sep 6th 2010, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

can't remember but sure when I sent some bits to Patty it wasn't too much....
Old Sep 6th 2010, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by angeli
Wonder how much a book costs to send (Italy to Italy). Think I promised to send you book....let me know which one, mind like a sieve. Have millions of coriander seed saved from sowing.....can post to you but not sure...are you back uk next summer full-time ????
Can I join please? I have huggins of books. Every time I fly to the UK I use my hand luggage to bring back books.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 8:24 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angeli
Thanks for that....still worth sending tho if others want and can swap... TR did you get the new Kindle, if so, how good is it ???
We got whatever was new at the time on the .com site through the US - this was only July but I've got the impression that about 3 others have become available since with different connection abilities through the .co.uk site.

It was great, for all of 4 weeks!!! Then the screen went.... Steve was sat reading on the beach and the screen went funny - lines where there shouldn't be any, blank spaces where there should be words. Amazon are replacing it free of charge but because we got it through .com it has to be sent back to Kentucky. It did however look like a page from a book below the screen in a way that a PC or handheld never can, so if you want to feel you are reading a proper book it is probably for you. The 6" version is also really compact and light, so really easy to carry around but I would advise paying out for a cover, we've no idea what happened to Steve's but it's possible it did get damaged, just that there was no sign of this and the faults appeared after about an hour on the beach not when he got it out of the bag. For myself, I'm holding out for the next gen i-pads. They can do books and mags in colour and having seen them they do look amazing. But the Kindle is the more book like. HTH!
Old Sep 6th 2010, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
can't remember but sure when I sent some bits to Patty it wasn't too much....
I think for sending 2 paperbacks I paid about 5€, which isnt bad.....considering they took about 10days to get from one side of Turin to the other Indies stuff got here practically the day after - so its just pot luck with the post !

ps. Indie - if you like My sister's keeper then you'll have to read Change of Heart by her as well - I did have it but I think I gave it to someone. Its soo good !
Old Sep 6th 2010, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Patty
ps. Indie - if you like My sister's keeper then you'll have to read Change of Heart by her as well - I did have it but I think I gave it to someone. Its soo good !
will it make me cry though?? I saw Toy Story 3 and was weeping uncontrollably... my kids were edging away like I was slightly cracked....
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:57 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

will it make me cry though?? I saw Toy Story 3 and was weeping uncontrollably... my kids were edging away like I was slightly cracked....
The start of it made me very nostalgic and I can relate to it at the moment with Alex and Antonia as he keeps going away to school etc. so I know where you are coming from! Only seen it in Italian, but it wasn't a difficult story to follow, even for Alex! Only way to see it in 3D!

Other Peoples Secrets is good, if a bit far fetched, and it's set in the Italian Lakes. Quick read. Enjoyed The Race, kind of West Wing in a book, so entertaining but makes you think! Reading some pulp now that Steve and Alex like - Myron Bolitar?? He's the main character and there are quite a few in the series. Amusing!
Old Sep 7th 2010, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Everyone said Toy Story 3 was rubbish in 3D but I wish we'd done that now so I could hide my tears like I did when we saw Up! I swear I'm getting worse as I get older!!
Old Sep 7th 2010, 2:07 am
The Original Red Head!

I'll be honest, it was my first 3D film, if that's as good as they get I won't be bothering again!! I really didn't see the point. The bit at the start was the best it got in 3D as they were all old set pieces, like the train rushing out of the screen and stuff. Steve says Avatar is the one to watch. He saw that in 3D and thought it looked stunning. I've only seen it in 2D and thought it looked good!
Old Sep 7th 2010, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

I'll be honest, it was my first 3D film, if that's as good as they get I won't be bothering again!! I really didn't see the point. The bit at the start was the best it got in 3D as they were all old set pieces, like the train rushing out of the screen and stuff. Steve says Avatar is the one to watch. He saw that in 3D and thought it looked stunning. I've only seen it in 2D and thought it looked good!
We've seen the last Harry Potter film in 3D and Up!.... Jamie finds it offensive to pay more to view in 3d but both were good in 3D I guess. I just think that if the story's good and the cinematography then I'm not too bothered about bells and whistles...
Old Sep 7th 2010, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

We got whatever was new at the time on the .com site through the US - this was only July but I've got the impression that about 3 others have become available since with different connection abilities through the .co.uk site.

It was great, for all of 4 weeks!!! Then the screen went.... Steve was sat reading on the beach and the screen went funny - lines where there shouldn't be any, blank spaces where there should be words. Amazon are replacing it free of charge but because we got it through .com it has to be sent back to Kentucky. It did however look like a page from a book below the screen in a way that a PC or handheld never can, so if you want to feel you are reading a proper book it is probably for you. The 6" version is also really compact and light, so really easy to carry around but I would advise paying out for a cover, we've no idea what happened to Steve's but it's possible it did get damaged, just that there was no sign of this and the faults appeared after about an hour on the beach not when he got it out of the bag. For myself, I'm holding out for the next gen i-pads. They can do books and mags in colour and having seen them they do look amazing. But the Kindle is the more book like. HTH!
Good to hear from another what they think....prob saved me a load of dosh so thanks TR
Old Sep 7th 2010, 2:26 am
The Original Red Head!

We've seen the last Harry Potter film in 3D and Up!.... Jamie finds it offensive to pay more to view in 3d but both were good in 3D I guess. I just think that if the story's good and the cinematography then I'm not too bothered about bells and whistles...
And the glasses are a pain!

No probs Angeli. Take a look at the ones on .co.uk though and see what you think. You can get a wi-fi only one now - so no ability to download books wherever you are - but it's probably enough for most people. I only download via wi-fi on my i-pod touch and I have enough on there that a week without being able to download if I was away, wouldn't matter much.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

am sooo excited - my order through play.com WORKED
am the happiest bunny in the world now ! I will go full speed now and probably order one book a week ! It took 6 days to get here & free delivery to Italy.
Off to read my new Val Mcdermid thriller - yippee
Old Sep 14th 2010, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

durobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud of

Patty..how did you manage with play.com?
I tried to use them,but as my credit card still has a UK address,they wouldnt deliver to a different address in Italy.
How did you get round that?
Old Sep 14th 2010, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Durobird - I think the only reason I managed to get around it is because my UK credit card is addressed to me here in Italy. I had loads of problems cos I tried to order in £ - but it wouldnt let me. So I just ordered in Euros and it seemed happy with that. I was about to give up as I had also tried my italian paypal card and couldnt get that to work. Is there any way you can change your credit card address ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.