Wikiposts

Whatya Reading??

Old Sep 21st 2010, 7:31 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whatya Reading??

Originally Posted by indiebird
I'm thinking of setting up a book swap for anyone who might be interested/ desperate for different reading material. I'm just struggling to think of somewhere on the net where I could list what I've got and others could do the same. I guess I might have to list mine and then others swap with me?? Any ideas anyone as my brain seems to have drained.....
You could do it as a Note on Facebook or just do a list on here!!
Old Sep 21st 2010, 7:33 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Indie's Turin way too, could you not arrange a meet up for the 3 of you??
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:48 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Wish I could help in some way. I am near about 5 Charity shops and they have second hand books for as little as 90p! It's my second homes since I have been back, that and E-bay!
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Yes maybe me Indie and Pete should meet up - but I have to make a really embarrassing confession - I dont 'do' motorways (dont laugh!)
I only drive around my little triangle here of about a 10 mile radius
So will try and think of maybe somewhere we could meet up ? Could maybe drag a couple of other workmates along with their books too - what do you think?

I'm back at work soon so wont have much time after that (well not work - more like a gulag if it comes down to it )
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Patty
Yes maybe me Indie and Pete should meet up - but I have to make a really embarrassing confession - I dont 'do' motorways (dont laugh!)
I only drive around my little triangle here of about a 10 mile radius
So will try and think of maybe somewhere we could meet up ? Could maybe drag a couple of other workmates along with their books too - what do you think?

I'm back at work soon so wont have much time after that (well not work - more like a gulag if it comes down to it )
I don't mind driving up to a bar near you. But I fly out on the 3rd till the 13th so it would need to be before or after...

Pete
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

I would love to meet but Mummy and Daddy are here until 1st so a bit rude to bugger off out and leave them. Patty, I do do motorways if I must! Think Angeli was interested in book swap too. I know a lot of people don't 'do' facebook here. Maybe we should do a thread here where I list what I've got anf then others could list what they have?? Doesn't go against any rules I don't think. We would literally choose someone who we want to send a book to and then they could send us something in return. All addresses etc. could be sorted through pm's what do you all tihnk??
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:39 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Think it's a great idea! Everyone should add their name to the first page so you can see how far the book has travelled and if no one wants it anymore the last reader could always pop it in the post to the original owner. Pity I gave most of mine away about 2yrs ago.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 37100
Think it's a great idea! Everyone should add their name to the first page so you can see how far the book has travelled and if no one wants it anymore the last reader could always pop it in the post to the original owner. Pity I gave most of mine away about 2yrs ago.
I bet you've still got somethings still lurking....
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

I would love to meet but Mummy and Daddy are here until 1st so a bit rude to bugger off out and leave them. Patty, I do do motorways if I must! Think Angeli was interested in book swap too. I know a lot of people don't 'do' facebook here. Maybe we should do a thread here where I list what I've got anf then others could list what they have?? Doesn't go against any rules I don't think. We would literally choose someone who we want to send a book to and then they could send us something in return. All addresses etc. could be sorted through pm's what do you all tihnk??
Nope I don't do facebook. I got so angry one day with the open comments that my son and daughter were receiving / sending that I shouted at them both down the phone and cancelled my account. It is like standing next to them in the playground while they strop and shout without being able to slap there legs (very un pc I know)

I don't miss facebook to be honest..

Back to the thread we could list the books or do we just pm a list. Better still lets meet up have a glass of wine, complain about the italian system :curse:and then swop books. I only get to talk to an english person when I fly home
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 1:10 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you've still got somethings still lurking....
We-ell. Now you mention it. There is a box of something in Turin. I have a hunch it might have books in it. I've got Coronation Street. In my defense. I get what Mum picks up on the 2nd hand stalls. Beggars can't be choosers.
There is also an English Library in Verona, though I've never been. When are you going to check out the Circolo dei Lettori in Turin? Did you manage to read Primo Levi?
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 37100
We-ell. Now you mention it. There is a box of something in Turin. I have a hunch it might have books in it. I've got Coronation Street. In my defense. I get what Mum picks up on the 2nd hand stalls. Beggars can't be choosers.
There is also an English Library in Verona, though I've never been. When are you going to check out the Circolo dei Lettori in Turin? Did you manage to read Primo Levi?
I'm still reading Primo Levi because... well, it feels like work rather than pleasure and I do need to get my bottom into gear when my visitors go and check out Circolo dei Lettori in Turin.

Pete, I hear what you're saying re: Facebook at the moment. It seems to me that some people say stuff on there what they wouldn't say to your face and some people seem to use it as a way to drum up business and then have it explained to them what 'social networking' means oh and many can 'dish it out, but don't seem to be able to take it.' but I do get out of it a lot more than the cr@p.....
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm still reading Primo Levi because... well, it feels like work rather than pleasure and I do need to get my bottom into gear when my visitors go and check out Circolo dei Lettori in Turin.

Pete, I hear what you're saying re: Facebook at the moment. It seems to me that some people say stuff on there what they wouldn't say to your face and some people seem to use it as a way to drum up business and then have it explained to them what 'social networking' means oh and many can 'dish it out, but don't seem to be able to take it.' but I do get out of it a lot more than the cr@p.....
True .. but it just drove me nuts, so I ditched it. I haven't the patience now that I am an old grumpy man..
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 7:44 pm
The Original Red Head!

I just got rid of the ones that really annoyed me! A friends 14 year old daughter in particular, so I do know where you are coming from with the teens. My son, by contrast, seems far more restrained, but then the boys he is chatting to he sees everyday anyway!! It's a good way for me to keep up with him tbh.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I just got rid of the ones that really annoyed me! A friends 14 year old daughter in particular, so I do know where you are coming from with the teens. My son, by contrast, seems far more restrained, but then the boys he is chatting to he sees everyday anyway!! It's a good way for me to keep up with him tbh.
I might try it again but I can't count the number of times I wanted to wring their necks.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

I read the recent thread about gypsies with interest. A complex issue! I've just finished reading Gypsy Boy by Mikey Walsh. I'd recommend it to anyone, especially if you're interested in Gypsy culture at all. It's the memoirs of a lad born and raised a Gypsy in England. "Moving, terrifying, funny and brilliant" says Stephen Fry on the cover blurb. And he's not wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.