HAPPY HOUR

Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:45 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAPPY HOUR

Originally Posted by ononno
Nice one. Congrats. Confident your Yorkshire upbringing will have you well equipped to deal with 3 musketeers.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Thanks O'Nonno.
I'll make sure all the kids know that if they behave they can have fun lessons, music, a quiz, games, video clips etc. and if not they can have horrible grammar worksheets
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Yeah. I'll shout you all to a Prosecco later. Got myself a new teaching job in a middle school in the next village up the mountain, starting mid March and finishing end of April.
I was contacted by the English teacher there before Christmas and met with her in January. She told me that the school had to advertise the position as a "bando" on their website even though it was highly unlikely that any other 'expert mother tongue' would apply.
I duly gave the school my official, written application and CV etc. and just waited for the 'bando' to expire. It has and as I'm the only candidate, the job's mine.

I've already been warned that there are three terribly unruly and disruptive boys in one class.

Cheers
Congratulations - it's always great to hear someone has got a job in these hard times!
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:51 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pugliese
Congratulations - it's always great to hear someone has got a job in these hard times!
Thanks. It's good for me to have another school on my CV because many of them can't afford to pay for a language assistant every year any more so some schools don't call me back as much as they used to. Either that or instead of paying for the 3rd, 4th and 5th years to have a "lettrice", they just pay for one group. One school asked the students all to chip in one euro each to help pay for me to go back one year.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 10:35 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. It's good for me to have another school on my CV because many of them can't afford to pay for a language assistant every year any more so some schools don't call me back as much as they used to. Either that or instead of paying for the 3rd, 4th and 5th years to have a "lettrice", they just pay for one group. One school asked the students all to chip in one euro each to help pay for me to go back one year.
Congrats, Lorna. Prosecco on you. How long do you have to wait to be paid?

OH hasn't been well and our GP keeps nagging him to get his ticket exemption, but thinking it would take a mountain of paper work, he'd put it off until this morning. Went off to our local ASL (a waste of money and resources because its about 200 metres from a hospital) with his tests etc. Doctor -no appointment -looked at them and said OK, filled out the paper work even though OH had forgotten his paper health card and a couple of stamps later, he has his exemption. Only thing, he has to go back tomorrow to get a card because there was no one to do it today.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by 37100
Congrats, Lorna. Prosecco on you. How long do you have to wait to be paid?

OH hasn't been well and our GP keeps nagging him to get his ticket exemption, but thinking it would take a mountain of paper work, he'd put it off until this morning. Went off to our local ASL (a waste of money and resources because its about 200 metres from a hospital) with his tests etc. Doctor -no appointment -looked at them and said OK, filled out the paper work even though OH had forgotten his paper health card and a couple of stamps later, he has his exemption. Only thing, he has to go back tomorrow to get a card because there was no one to do it today.
Thank you. Originally I was supposed to work the whole month of April and I'd get paid the whole lot at the end of the hours stipulated in the contract. Now they've woken up to the fact that Easter is in April and so they've brought my start date forward to March. Don't know if that means I'll get a tiny wage for March in April or still just get the whole lot at the end.

Hope your OH feels better soon but at least stuff should cost you a lot less now. This exemption thing: only for prescriptions or hospital visits as well?

I've just got an invoice from the hospital for "prestazione pronto soccorso" for Alex October 28th. That's the night his wrist got stamped on at football club. I'm wondering if the invoice is for the x-rays or the splint and bandaging? Date of scadenza on the invoice? January 1st FFS.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

sonofjoe will become famous soon enoughsonofjoe will become famous soon enough

I've already been warned that there are three terribly unruly and disruptive boys in one class.
Only three...you lucky person. I had 18 out of twenty unruly 16 year olds in my class!
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by sonofjoe
Only three...you lucky person. I had 18 out of twenty unruly 16 year olds in my class!
the others are all pretty bad and couldn't give a shit about English according to their teacher. The three mentioned are the really, really, really bad ones. 3rd year middle school so age 13.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 11:20 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. Originally I was supposed to work the whole month of April and I'd get paid the whole lot at the end of the hours stipulated in the contract. Now they've woken up to the fact that Easter is in April and so they've brought my start date forward to March. Don't know if that means I'll get a tiny wage for March in April or still just get the whole lot at the end.

Hope your OH feels better soon but at least stuff should cost you a lot less now. This exemption thing: only for prescriptions or hospital visits as well?

I've just got an invoice from the hospital for "prestazione pronto soccorso" for Alex October 28th. That's the night his wrist got stamped on at football club. I'm wondering if the invoice is for the x-rays or the splint and bandaging? Date of scadenza on the invoice? January 1st FFS.
Prescriptions: you only pay €1 per presciption, no ticket for the tablets and you can have 3 per prescription instead of 2. Hospital test and visits related to the illness, but reading through the list, it's a bit hit and miss. More hit than miss.

You can contest the a&e charge. A friend did when she was stung one Saturday night. We were at a fair and her hand started swelling so we walked down to the hospital. Where the heck was she supposed to go! The out of hour's doctor would have only sent her to the hospital. She was bandaged up, given a shot and put on antibiotics. When she was sent the ticket she queried it and it was cancelled. They go through the A&E visits once a year and decide who should have paid. Unfortunately, its left to the office staff to decide, not doctors.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 11:33 am

Just rang the hospital now after reading your post 37100.

The office I need is only open from 9am to 12. Bloody typical.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 12:03 pm
Concierge

Just rang the hospital now after reading your post 37100.

The office I need is only open from 9am to 12. Bloody typical.

Exemptions aren't portable. If you move from Veneto to Piemonte, you need to do the tests again.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by 37100

Exemptions aren't portable. If you move from Veneto to Piemonte, you need to do the tests again.
Bloody typical.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 12:57 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. I'll shout you all to a Prosecco later. Got myself a new teaching job in a middle school in the next village up the mountain, starting mid March and finishing end of April.
I was contacted by the English teacher there before Christmas and met with her in January. She told me that the school had to advertise the position as a "bando" on their website even though it was highly unlikely that any other 'expert mother tongue' would apply.
I duly gave the school my official, written application and CV etc. and just waited for the 'bando' to expire. It has and as I'm the only candidate, the job's mine.

Cheers
Nice one Lorna!
Does that mean you'll be busy for a while?
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by duffer
Nice one Lorna!
Does that mean you'll be busy for a while?
Not until late March. OH away as well for next week or 10 days if you ever want to get those books for little cutie ... not that OH needs to be away or anything for that and that we need to be alone or anything. Oh shut up Lorna!
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 2:48 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Shall I bring my handcuffs?

Old Feb 2nd 2015, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by duffer
Shall I bring my handcuffs?

Bugger off. I'll post you the books

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.