HAPPY HOUR

Old Jul 27th 2012, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Re: HAPPY HOUR

Hi Maleces .. never quite worked out if you were in Scotland or Verona, but I imagine it's the former.

Well, good luck whatever you choose to do. Yes the situation is pretty tragic over here but perhaps child-minding (or old-people-minding) is one of those areas where there still are jobs going even though you will get badly paid, uncertain conditions etc etc. There is now a 'voucher' system whereby your employer can pay you your nat insurance & health contributions but I'm not sure how it works, and if people can be bothered.

Stay happy!
Old Jul 27th 2012, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Its very exciting isnt is Malcesine ! You've brought back memories of 9 years ago when we moved back - sold the house, packed up and came here without jobs
I tried explaining registered childminders to friends here but they dont seem to do it - as you say its all young girls that do the 'bebyseeter'
You'll have no problem finding work in a language school - some of my colleagues fit it around their children and school hours etc. I'm trying very hard not to be negative (I usually moan alot ) cos I know the excitement you are feeling in this moment. Its just that it isnt a good time generally in Europe at the moment and here in Italy the 'crisi' is being felt quite hard. Thats probably why your dear MIL thinks a job in the factory is quite a good thing! Anyway - enjoy your leaving party and once you get here you can tell us all about it
Old Jul 27th 2012, 9:24 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malcesine99
Last day at work today! The children I look after came laiden with gifts this morning, bit sad but a bit scary as I have never been out of work since I left college! I have a few options to follow in Italy

To be a qualified childminder I had to undergo a rigorous vetting process and attend various workshops. I was inspected by the Local Authority, Health and Safety Officers and Fire Inspectors(that was fun). My OH and I had to have a Disclosure to prove we did not have a Criminal record. We had to provide Financial Statments from our bank and prove we had no adverse credit. I also had to make a few adaptions in my house (stairgates, plug covers radiator covers etc). This took 6months to complete.

I did contemplate doing the same sort of work in Italy, but have been told that there is not such a demand for 'Babysitters' and its mainly young girls that undertake this type of work, without the need for any vetting process?

I worked in Travel and Tourism for many years but not sure how being a mum of 3 would fit in to the relentless hours I used to do.

I took the opportunity of completing a TEFL course (a Groupon offer) and would love to teach English to young children through play. Have already applied to a couple of language schools

Our friends and family in Italy are being so negative about us finding jobs (with reason I know). My MIL suggested I applied to the local factory as they take on lots of 'stranieri' Infact OH is coming back to Scotland for a couple of months. Trying to remain upbeat and positive.......

Sorry - just seen I'm in Happy Hour maybe I should be in Moans and Groans
Teaching English through play combined with babysitting is a great idea I think it'll be a real hit in Verona.

Parents could drop their kids off to you for a couple of hours, I'm sure they'd love their kids to start speaking a few words in English from a young age.

You need to market yourself well, create flyers about what it's about and the benefits for the children, setup a Facebook page, etc.

Good luck!
Old Jul 27th 2012, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

Awww thank you lovely BE people and Duffer your encouragement is much appreciated.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

I agree with Duffer. If you're just trying to be a babysitter, competing with others who may be Italian, that's one thing but if you make your foreignness an asset and advertise yourself as a mother-tongue teacher/babysitter who could teach them English at reasonable rates I'm sure that would be really popular. There is a private English-speaking asilo nido here in Modena and they are said to be very expensive. The Facebook page is a great idea, you could explain a bit about your qualifications there which would give you another bonus compared to other babysitters.
As for language school jobs, you'll probably be able to pick up at least some hours but it may not turn into a full-time job. Unlike other areas I have found that here they don't guarantee you hours, so you never know how much you'll earn.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 10:29 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Who wouldn't agree with me?!
I rock just like my c...
Old Jul 29th 2012, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

this is a really daft question (but why change the habits of a lifetime )
I was swimming the other day and my kids were laughing about doggy paddle - so I told them that cat paddle was even harder - they just fell about laughing and said I had invented it ! I was convinced I'd find it on the net but its not there - did I dream it ? When I was a kid we all knew and started off with either doggy paddle or cats paddle ..........please tell me I'm not going mad
Old Jul 29th 2012, 9:57 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patty
cats paddle ..........please tell me I'm not going mad
Never heard of it.. so I'm afraid I'm unable to tell you you're not going mad. Now, there's a bed going spare in the rest home just down the road from me, you want me to book it for you?..
Old Jul 29th 2012, 10:04 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I was swimming the other day and my kids were laughing about doggy paddle - so I told them that cat paddle was even harder - they just fell about laughing and said I had invented it ! I was convinced I'd find it on the net but its not there - did I dream it ? When I was a kid we all knew and started off with either doggy paddle or cats paddle ..........please tell me I'm not going mad
Sorry Patty but you either dreamt it or invented it because I have never heard of it either. I've never seen a cat swimming
Old Jul 29th 2012, 10:12 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLOLWY9RDxE

cat swimming here but unfortunately doing doggy paddle Patty
Old Jul 29th 2012, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks everyone - its now official then - I am going potty
I obviously dreamt it - well now thats cleared up I'm off for a swim ......
Old Jul 30th 2012, 7:46 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

thanks everyone - its now official then - I am going potty
I obviously dreamt it - well now thats cleared up I'm off for a swim ......
doggy or cat paddle..
Old Aug 13th 2012, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

Hi BE peeps. Just to say thanks for all the advice you gave me re my big move. We have finally arrived!!!! Of course now that I am here I am sure I will have loads more questions.....but for the time being I have a house full of boxes so better crack on.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Hi BE peeps. Just to say thanks for all the advice you gave me re my big move. We have finally arrived!!!! Of course now that I am here I am sure I will have loads more questions.....but for the time being I have a house full of boxes so better crack on.
Enjoy the sunshine, and welcome
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:52 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Benvenuta.

Hope you settle in very quickly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.