HAPPY HOUR

Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAPPY HOUR

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Cheers girls,

I was just about to write "I know she'll be fine but woe betide her if she's late" when the door bell went and the voice at the citofono said "It's me Mummy - am I home on time?"

She knew damn well that this was one of her first big tests about trust etc. Break it and you don't go out again on your own. Not even on Friday morning to the market in broad daylight.

Apparently she's had the time of her life and spent about 7 euro on the dodgems and a candy floss - but she does have one "gettone" left in her pocket.
That's it Lorna. You've lost her now. Thin end of the wedge and all that.
I'm sure with a mother like you she'll be a very sensible young lady.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Cheers girls,

I was just about to write "I know she'll be fine but woe betide her if she's late" when the door bell went and the voice at the citofono said "It's me Mummy - am I home on time?"

She knew damn well that this was one of her first big tests about trust etc. Break it and you don't go out again on your own. Not even on Friday morning to the market in broad daylight.

Apparently she's had the time of her life and spent about 7 euro on the dodgems and a candy floss - but she does have one "gettone" left in her pocket.
Enjoy all this while you can .. it won't be long before she's over 18 and.....
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:51 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Enjoy all this while you can .. it won't be long before she's over 18 and.....
........ and doing all the wicked and fun things I did
Except I was in Italy, living alone and nobody was around to know if I came home late, or drunk or accompanied or if I skived work one day etc.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

........ and doing all the wicked and fun things I did
Except I was in Italy, living alone and nobody was around to know if I came home late, or drunk or accompanied or if I skived work one day etc.
.. probably better that way ...
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:57 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
.. probably better that way ...
It also meant that I had nobody to make me a nice cup of tea or get me some fresh orange juice if I really was a bit poorly. But I did have some bloody great times and I didn't skive too often. I was lucky - I never got massive hangovers.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

This morning I sound like I smoked 50 cigs last night (I don't smoke!). Was at a Sing-along-Abba show, ooooo I love a bit of Abba

I am now trying to cram in as many nights out as physically possible (in between working fulltime, packing and the usual madness in my life) before the Big Move.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by malcesine99
This morning I sound like I smoked 50 cigs last night (I don't smoke!). Was at a Sing-along-Abba show, ooooo I love a bit of Abba

I am now trying to cram in as many nights out as physically possible (in between working fulltime, packing and the usual madness in my life) before the Big Move.
How many days left dancing Queen?
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

[QUOTE=Lorna at Vicenza;10181042]How many days left dancing Queen?[/QUOTE

3 weeks and 2 days of dancing to go!
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:56 pm

[QUOTE=malcesine99;10181068]
How many days left dancing Queen?[/QUOTE

3 weeks and 2 days of dancing to go!
Have fun. I didn't have much packing to do when I came here as I was young, alone and thought I was just coming for 6 to 12 months. I had one huge suitcase and a Mary Poppins style carpet bag and that was it.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 8:04 am
Member Of The Family

Engliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really nice

[QUOTE=Lorna at Vicenza;10181073]
Originally Posted by malcesine99

Have fun. I didn't have much packing to do when I came here as I was young, alone and thought I was just coming for 6 to 12 months. I had one huge suitcase and a Mary Poppins style carpet bag and that was it.
The Female earlier version of me ! except the young bit !
Old Jul 20th 2012, 10:51 am

[QUOTE=Engliano;10184003]

The Female earlier version of me ! except the young bit !
You had a Mary Poppins bag ?
Old Jul 25th 2012, 10:55 pm

I want one of these .............
Attached Thumbnails HAPPY HOUR-483168_3745042342019_662771575_n.jpg  
Old Jul 26th 2012, 12:28 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

me too
Old Jul 26th 2012, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

count me in
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Last day at work today! The children I look after came laiden with gifts this morning, bit sad but a bit scary as I have never been out of work since I left college! I have a few options to follow in Italy

To be a qualified childminder I had to undergo a rigorous vetting process and attend various workshops. I was inspected by the Local Authority, Health and Safety Officers and Fire Inspectors(that was fun). My OH and I had to have a Disclosure to prove we did not have a Criminal record. We had to provide Financial Statments from our bank and prove we had no adverse credit. I also had to make a few adaptions in my house (stairgates, plug covers radiator covers etc). This took 6months to complete.

I did contemplate doing the same sort of work in Italy, but have been told that there is not such a demand for 'Babysitters' and its mainly young girls that undertake this type of work, without the need for any vetting process?

I worked in Travel and Tourism for many years but not sure how being a mum of 3 would fit in to the relentless hours I used to do.

I took the opportunity of completing a TEFL course (a Groupon offer) and would love to teach English to young children through play. Have already applied to a couple of language schools

Our friends and family in Italy are being so negative about us finding jobs (with reason I know). My MIL suggested I applied to the local factory as they take on lots of 'stranieri' Infact OH is coming back to Scotland for a couple of months. Trying to remain upbeat and positive.......

Sorry - just seen I'm in Happy Hour maybe I should be in Moans and Groans

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.