HAPPY HOUR

Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:57 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAPPY HOUR

I just prefer to beat 'em
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:59 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Well we saw the orthopedic surgeon.

Chloe is totally wonky. Spine is out of kilt, so is her pelvis. One leg is 2mm shorter than the other apparently. She's all heavier down one side of her back and has a ipocefalosi lump or something like that. Not totally hunchback.

Next stop - plenty of x rays and no more basketball this year. Corrective exercises instead and perhaps swimming.

Going back to the nice Dr once we have the x-ray results and he'll tell us more then about what to do to correct all this stuff.
Corrective exercises should help although it will take years won't it?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:02 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Well we saw the orthopedic surgeon.

Chloe is totally wonky. Spine is out of kilt, so is her pelvis. One leg is 2mm shorter than the other apparently. She's all heavier down one side of her back and has a ipocefalosi lump or something like that. Not totally hunchback.

Next stop - plenty of x rays and no more basketball this year. Corrective exercises instead and perhaps swimming.

Going back to the nice Dr once we have the x-ray results and he'll tell us more then about what to do to correct all this stuff.
I thought you were supposed to go to the 'fisiatra'.

Don't worry too much about the leg being shorter at her age. It has time to catch up.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:17 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
I thought you were supposed to go to the 'fisiatra'.

Don't worry too much about the leg being shorter at her age. It has time to catch up.
I still have the impegnativa for the fisiatra, the appointment was for October 25th.

When I was talking to one of my best friends about Chloe, he got her an appointment today with the orthopedic surgeon. He's been working in the hospital 30 odd years and is now in orthopedics so knows the doctors.

I paid for the ticket .... 24 euro and 25 cents, but our friend managed to get her seen way before October 25th.

Not sure about the fisiatra now. I suppose I'll have to take her anyway as the pediatrician will probably want to see those results.
I'm scared of telling the pediatrician that I went over her head and saw somebody else.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:49 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

I still have the impegnativa for the fisiatra, the appointment was for October 25th.

When I was talking to one of my best friends about Chloe, he got her an appointment today with the orthopedic surgeon. He's been working in the hospital 30 odd years and is now in orthopedics so knows the doctors.

I paid for the ticket .... 24 euro and 25 cents, but our friend managed to get her seen way before October 25th.

Not sure about the fisiatra now. I suppose I'll have to take her anyway as the pediatrician will probably want to see those results.
I'm scared of telling the pediatrician that I went over her head and saw somebody else.
Be honest about it. Tell them you were worried about letting Chloe do basket ball with out a check-up and that the orthopedian could see her sooner. True, isn't it?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 12:04 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Be honest about it. Tell them you were worried about letting Chloe do basket ball with out a check-up and that the orthopedian could see her sooner. True, isn't it?
Yes, it's all true.

I've just looked at the Dr's notes and managed to work out that he wrote "ipercifosi" as well as scoliosi.

I looked up ipercifosi and it's called kyphosis in English ... that's the hunchback lump .... and I'm not reading any further than that or googling any pages because I know it will be full of awful hunchback pictures and talk of operations and surgery and all kinds of things that I don't want to know about and that Chloe will never need.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's all true.

I've just looked at the Dr's notes and managed to work out that he wrote "ipercifosi" as well as scoliosi.

I looked up ipercifosi and it's called kyphosis in English ... that's the hunchback lump .... and I'm not reading any further than that or googling any pages because I know it will be full of awful hunchback pictures and talk of operations and surgery and all kinds of things that I don't want to know about and that Chloe will never need.
Don't worry , you are not on a fast track for Notredame , its probably a slight disallinement which will be blamed on her carrying her ' zaino ' on one shoulder or wearing the '' wrong shoes '' or just by a growth spurt . You know very well how Italian doctors like grim sounding latin words .....
Old Sep 19th 2012, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Don't worry , you are not on a fast track for Notredame , its probably a slight disallinement which will be blamed on her carrying her ' zaino ' on one shoulder or wearing the '' wrong shoes '' or just by a growth spurt . You know very well how Italian doctors like grim sounding latin words .....
plus 1
(they all have a fixation on scogliosi)
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:15 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
Corrective exercises should help although it will take years won't it?
Probably months rather than years as it is only 2mm difference.

I had a massive strength imbalance between my right and left side after a load of sports related injuries over the years, which caused back problems and eventually led to acute plantar fasciitis and a visit to the Doc. It took 8 or 9 months of doing physio exercises every day and a session a week being pounded by a physio once a week to sort me out and I was probably in a lot worse shape than Chloe i'e. in my 40s and overweight!

Mind you that got me back in shape to train hard and thereby wreck my knee 6 months later so was also at the orpedico today for a steroid injection behind the knee cap.

Lorna main point I would make is this sort of thing is not uncommon in growing teenagers and surgery is rarely required so am keeping fingers crossed for you both and send best wishes to you and Chloe for a favourable outcome.

ciao
Mike

Last edited by Garbatellamike; Sep 19th 2012 at 5:10 pm. Reason: PS 2 mm could easily be sorted by an orthotic in shoes too, ask doc
Old Sep 20th 2012, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
Probably months rather than years as it is only 2mm difference.

I had a massive strength imbalance between my right and left side after a load of sports related injuries over the years, which caused back problems and eventually led to acute plantar fasciitis and a visit to the Doc. It took 8 or 9 months of doing physio exercises every day and a session a week being pounded by a physio once a week to sort me out and I was probably in a lot worse shape than Chloe i'e. in my 40s and overweight!

Mind you that got me back in shape to train hard and thereby wreck my knee 6 months later so was also at the orpedico today for a steroid injection behind the knee cap.

Lorna main point I would make is this sort of thing is not uncommon in growing teenagers and surgery is rarely required so am keeping fingers crossed for you both and send best wishes to you and Chloe for a favourable outcome.

ciao
Mike
Morning everyone and thanks.

I'm not overly worried about Chloe. I was a bit yesterday as I wasn't expecting the Dr to say that she was quite so wonky, but I've slept on it since then.

I'm not going to make a big drama out of it as I don't want Chloe to think she's going to turn into some kind of Quasimodo, but I have told her that she'll have to be serious and dedicated about any corrective exercises she'll have to do.

Last night when tucking her in, I asked her if she remembered how much she used to like the Teletubbies and if she could remember their names.
I told her that my new nickname for her could be Winky Wonky. It sounds awful now in black and white, but we laughed a lot last night.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

That's good Chloe taking it in her stride Lorna, laughter as they say......! Hope it is something she will overcome without the need for corrective surgery. What about her basketball, can she still continue with that?

I had my first experience of hospitals since moving back. DS no 3 slipped and broke his collar bone He is rather accident prone to say the least but really hoping that's it, traumatic to say the least. Off school for a week, only in 3 days, and weekly X-rays for next 4 weeks!

Ouch Mike.....hope the injection brings you relief soon. I have plantar fasciitis too, I live in flip flops which is probably the worst thing I can wear
Old Sep 20th 2012, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by malcesine99
That's good Chloe taking it in her stride Lorna, laughter as they say......! Hope it is something she will overcome without the need for corrective surgery. What about her basketball, can she still continue with that?

I had my first experience of hospitals since moving back. DS no 3 slipped and broke his collar bone He is rather accident prone to say the least but really hoping that's it, traumatic to say the least. Off school for a week, only in 3 days, and weekly X-rays for next 4 weeks!

Ouch Mike.....hope the injection brings you relief soon. I have plantar fasciitis too, I live in flip flops which is probably the worst thing I can wear
No basketball for the near future. She'll have to concentrate on corrective exercises and perhaps a swimming course or some kind of swimming rehabilitation.
I'm taking her to basketball practice on Friday to see all the girls on the team and her coach is going to send me messages when they have a match so that she can go along as a fan and not a player. Hopefully she'll be able to get back into it.

I'm going to write a note to her school PE teacher and add a copy of the Dr's notes. I don't want Chloe to give up PE but I want her teacher to know that if they are doing something "heavy" and Chloe complains, it's not because she's trying to get out of whatever they are doing, but that she has a legitimate reason to complain and could do some stretching exercises instead. On Tuesday part of PE was to run around the school building 5 times. After three times her back was killing her.

Your poor lad breaking his collar bone. Is he all plastered up?
Old Sep 20th 2012, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

No basketball for the near future. She'll have to concentrate on corrective exercises and perhaps a swimming course or some kind of swimming rehabilitation.
I'm taking her to basketball practice on Friday to see all the girls on the team and her coach is going to send me messages when they have a match so that she can go along as a fan and not a player. Hopefully she'll be able to get back into it.

I'm going to write a note to her school PE teacher and add a copy of the Dr's notes. I don't want Chloe to give up PE but I want her teacher to know that if they are doing something "heavy" and Chloe complains, it's not because she's trying to get out of whatever they are doing, but that she has a legitimate reason to complain and could do some stretching exercises instead. On Tuesday part of PE was to run around the school building 5 times. After three times her back was killing her.

Your poor lad breaking his collar bone. Is he all plastered up?
Sure the PE teacher once they know situation will ensure Chloe doesn't overdo things. Hope she can get back to her basketball soon, I am sure her team will be missing her. DS no 2 just joined the local team here, he loves it so far. That's another thing I had not anticipated - the cost of all the sporting activities! Of course I paid in UK but on a weekly basis, it didn't hurt quite as much as 2 x 200 euro for football and 170 for basketball. Suppose that's it paid though, no scrabbling about every week for change.

DS no 3 not in plaster, the body brace thing the use for this injury was too big, he's only 7. So he strapped up - have to say I was shocked that he got no pain relief, he was in agony!!! He snapped his arm on trampoline last year and got morphine at the Hosp before Dr even looked at him, he needed an op and can honestly say I don't remember him being in pain, well part from the initial break! Thankfully I brought kids meds over when we moved.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 7:11 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Hi malcesine thanks for the empathy. Funnily enough, as far as PF is concerned, flip flops could be good for you as they may actually help strengthen your feet.

Born to Run by Christopher McDougal, which can be found here, has lots of thoughts on the whole foot injury thing wrapped up in the story of endurance racing involving the Tarahumara Indians of Mexico (probably the greatest ultra distance runners in the world). The book was prescribed to me by a mate, who is a sports injurt doctor in UK and an elite runner who has had her fair share of injuries, when PF was causing me enormous grief. Personally I would not go the whole barefoot way or even use the vibram 5 fingers but the principles of strengthening feet by not wearing hugely cushioned modern running shoes has helped me.

http://www.chrismcdougall.com/

But enough about me and back to Chloe, I think the light-hearted approach but taking the rehab exercises seriously is spot on Lorna try and make it fun for her rather than a chore if you can (not easy when you are jogging on the spot in a swinmming pool for example as per my thread last month). Anyway the very best of luck to you both and let us now how she gets on.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 7:17 am

Sure the PE teacher once they know situation will ensure Chloe doesn't overdo things. Hope she can get back to her basketball soon, I am sure her team will be missing her. DS no 2 just joined the local team here, he loves it so far. That's another thing I had not anticipated - the cost of all the sporting activities! Of course I paid in UK but on a weekly basis, it didn't hurt quite as much as 2 x 200 euro for football and 170 for basketball. Suppose that's it paid though, no scrabbling about every week for change.

DS no 3 not in plaster, the body brace thing the use for this injury was too big, he's only 7. So he strapped up - have to say I was shocked that he got no pain relief, he was in agony!!! He snapped his arm on trampoline last year and got morphine at the Hosp before Dr even looked at him, he needed an op and can honestly say I don't remember him being in pain, well part from the initial break! Thankfully I brought kids meds over when we moved.
Yes, sports can be very expensive - especially if they start something and don't finish it. Luckily Alex loves his football and is carrying on again this year although it's gone up to 220 Euro! Chloe's basketball was a bit cheaper but that is of course now cancelled. Luckily I had already told the coach that I wasn't paying for Chloe until she'd seen the Dr and knew if she could carry on or not.

Funny you should mention pain killers for kids .......... Alex broke his arm / more his elbow a few years ago and I don't remember him getting anything either. He wasn't crying when we got to hospital but it must have hurt him. He screamed blue murder when it happened. Lots of ladies came running out of their houses with ice packs. Hope your son gets better soon. Little mite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.