British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Al Fresco (https://britishexpats.com/forum/al-fresco-150/)
-   -   HAPPY HOUR (https://britishexpats.com/forum/al-fresco-150/happy-hour-532839/)

TestaRossa Apr 28th 2008 5:35 pm

HAPPY HOUR

Following on from the thread Suggestion - this is a thread for anything and everything! JDR will make it a sticky for us and if we use it enough he will ask Admin if they can make it a permanent sub-forum!

Enjoy one on me :thumbup:!

Lorna at Vicenza Apr 28th 2008 6:31 pm

Re: HAPPY HOUR

Happy "happy hour"
Mine's a hefty gin & tonic - no ice but a nice twist of lemon please !
P.S. difference between a thread and a sticky ??

TestaRossa Apr 28th 2008 6:36 pm

This one is now "stuck" to the top of the forum irrespective of what new threads are started.

Mines a Long Island Tea - I was starting to feel lonely and unloved! :(

Patty Apr 28th 2008 6:54 pm

Going back to Lorna talking about the rabbit............................my italian colleagues were talking about English books they'd read and the rabbit came into the conversation - so next day I took them an Anne Summers catalogue (which I just happened to have ;) ) and said "this IS the rabbit " . They were really amused (some actually wanted to order one :rofl: ) - so maybe not all italians are lacking in humour ! Maybe thats my next career move - Anne Summers Rep in Italy hee hee !!! (demos NOT included though.........perish the thought ) !!

LivingHere Apr 28th 2008 6:56 pm

Hello
Only found this site last week. We've been in Italy for four years but it isn't a permanant move. I love it here but seem to hate the same things as everyone else. Do you ever marvel at the gammut of hairstyles to be seen while queuing (especially the bank and the comune?)

LivingHere Apr 28th 2008 6:58 pm

Drinking red wine by the way - from a carton!

Beep Apr 28th 2008 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Patty (Post 6278618)
Going back to Lorna talking about the rabbit............................my italian colleagues were talking about English books they'd read and the rabbit came into the conversation - so next day I took them an Anne Summers catalogue (which I just happened to have ;) ) and said "this IS the rabbit " . They were really amused (some actually wanted to order one :rofl: ) - so maybe not all italians are lacking in humour ! Maybe thats my next career move - Anne Summers Rep in Italy hee hee !!! (demos NOT included though.........perish the thought ) !!

Let us know when you start Patty ;)or you could open your own 'sexy shop'.

Icarus Apr 28th 2008 7:01 pm

can i grab one before the rush ?

Beep Apr 28th 2008 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by LivingHere (Post 6278640)
Drinking red wine by the way - from a carton!

Drinking water...but if cocktails are on offer i'll have a pimms please and heavy on the bits in it:D

Sheff_Sparky Apr 28th 2008 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Icarus (Post 6278661)
can i grab one before the rush ?

too late!! I'm here!!

who wants a drink?

Icarus Apr 28th 2008 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky (Post 6278677)
too late!! I'm here!!

who wants a drink?

damn it ,,, i was too late

yes please

Icarus Apr 28th 2008 7:05 pm

best have a Peroni then , :)

winedonju Apr 28th 2008 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky (Post 6278677)
too late!! I'm here!!

who wants a drink?

I'll have a large one

Sheff_Sparky Apr 28th 2008 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by winedonju (Post 6278691)
I'll have a large one

and what about a drink?

Icarus Apr 28th 2008 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by TestaRossa (Post 6278109)
Following on from the thread Suggestion - this is a thread for anything and everything! JDR will make it a sticky for us and if we use it enough he will ask Admin if they can make it a permanent sub-forum!

Enjoy one on me :thumbup:!

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 6278461)
Happy "happy hour"
Mine's a hefty gin & tonic - no ice but a nice twist of lemon please !
P.S. difference between a thread and a sticky ??

Originally Posted by Patty (Post 6278618)

Originally Posted by LivingHere (Post 6278631)
Hello
Only found this site last week. We've been in Italy for four years but it isn't a permanant move. I love it here but seem to hate the same things as everyone else. Do you ever marvel at the gammut of hairstyles to be seen while queuing (especially the bank and the comune?)

Evening guys :)