HAPPY HOUR

Old Aug 22nd 2010, 7:44 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAPPY HOUR

Originally Posted by K in Modena
That's brilliant! Like one of the people who commented, I was convinced they were actually an Irish comedy group until the bit at the end. Gave me a good laugh on a day when I needed it!
That was the aim - having a good laugh
Old Sep 5th 2010, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Maybe I should set up an ideal nursing home that I'll go into evntually! I thought these places were blooming expensive so why the lack of care? Someone is filling their pockets at the expense of the vulnerable by the sound of it - can understand wanting to be at home in that case!! How awful!!
I worked in nursing homes on and off when I had just failed my A'Levels and saw quite a few and all were bloody grim. I reported one that was absolutely bleeding appalling... it's still going with the same greedy, grabby owners.... makes me so sad and sooooo angry that after this life we get to end up there if we're really lucky.... I just hope my mind goes first so I don't really know anything about it.

So sorry for your friend Angeli. So sad that bureaucracy comes first and care comes second. I've noticed this with my own Mum being a district nurse. Everything is about care of the nurses first and covering your butts in case of litigation... the patients are way down on the list imho.... my Mum needs to have a knee replacement and will need to find a different job that isn't so practical (no kneeling on the floor dressing leg ulcers).... she will end up going up a grade and being paid more money NOT to look after patients.... it just doesn't seem right.....
Old Sep 5th 2010, 9:34 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Is your mum based in Brighton? Wonder if she comes across my friend who is a health visitor? Louise Stewart-Roberts...
Old Sep 5th 2010, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by indiebird
I worked in nursing homes on and off when I had just failed my A'Levels and saw quite a few and all were bloody grim. I reported one that was absolutely bleeding appalling... it's still going with the same greedy, grabby owners.... makes me so sad and sooooo angry that after this life we get to end up there if we're really lucky.... I just hope my mind goes first so I don't really know anything about it.

So sorry for your friend Angeli. So sad that bureaucracy comes first and care comes second. I've noticed this with my own Mum being a district nurse. Everything is about care of the nurses first and covering your butts in case of litigation... the patients are way down on the list imho.... my Mum needs to have a knee replacement and will need to find a different job that isn't so practical (no kneeling on the floor dressing leg ulcers).... she will end up going up a grade and being paid more money NOT to look after patients.... it just doesn't seem right.....

Thanks Indiebird, good to have you back....Friend has moved Nursing Homes and does now have room to herself (was sharing room in nasty NH with woman who sang sea shanties all night). New NH staffed by Phillapino's, sign of the times, all kind and caring....new NH close to The Hospice too so she can go 3 days a week which is fantastic for her (she is now in love with one of the Dr's there)....never too old to fall in love
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Is your mum based in Brighton? Wonder if she comes across my friend who is a health visitor? Louise Stewart-Roberts...
I will ask but I know that she doesn't have much contact with HV's these days. She used to when she was based at different teams around Brighton though.

Originally Posted by angeli
Thanks Indiebird, good to have you back....Friend has moved Nursing Homes and does now have room to herself (was sharing room in nasty NH with woman who sang sea shanties all night). New NH staffed by Phillapino's, sign of the times, all kind and caring....new NH close to The Hospice too so she can go 3 days a week which is fantastic for her (she is now in love with one of the Dr's there)....never too old to fall in love
Good to be back Angeli and glad that you've got something sorted. Definitely never too old to fall in love!xxxxx
Old Sep 6th 2010, 3:54 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Never to old to fall in love but definitely too old to make it.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by duffer
Never to old to fall in love but definitely too old to make it.
Charlie Chaplin
Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

It's Last Night of the Proms tonight if Wireless Hosted. net doesn't ;let me down.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Disregard above it's tomorrow Saturday
Old Sep 15th 2010, 6:43 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Just waved my dad off.
OH is taking him to the airport to save me bursting into tears there.... so I'm snivelling into a cup of tea here instead.

OH is off back to Saudi on Sunday so things are going to be very quiet here next week.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Just waved my dad off.
OH is taking him to the airport to save me bursting into tears there.... so I'm snivelling into a cup of tea here instead.

OH is off back to Saudi on Sunday so things are going to be very quiet here next week.
Its horrible when they leave isnt it ? I dont have that problem now cos my mum cant travel any more and so I only see her when I go back and like you say, the last day I have a horrid big lump in my throat all day until the time to leave comes and then I burst into silly big sobs !!
Old Sep 15th 2010, 8:12 pm

Yeah it's awful. He was going to come to school with me to drop the kids off but then he decided it would probably be better to say bye to them here at home as he didn't want them to cry at the school gates.

They cried on the way to school anyway.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Hate it when it's like that... I must be a hard-hearted cow though as I'm usually quite glad to see the back of my lot when they go! My parents arrive on tuesday for 10days and my sis and her boyf. are coming in November. I love having visitors but I do like getting my house back too.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Said goodbye to my parents yesterday after they had stayed with us for two weeks to meet baby Emily. Feel quite sad that I won't see them for months now as we have to go to the in-laws' for Christmas this year. It seems to be worse when you have a baby!
Next to arrive is my father-in-law, followed by my mother-in-law, I'm sure I won't be quite so sad to see them leave though!
Old Sep 16th 2010, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

I am really in grumpy old bag mode today and I was yesterday too. I think it's partly to do with the kids being back to school and the fact that we're moving into Autumn and I know I'm stuck here til at least xmas!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.