Wikiposts

HAPPY HOUR

Old Jul 9th 2010, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: HAPPY HOUR

Just like to say

I HATE CLEANING. ITS TOO HOT.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 5:11 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

ME TOO! But I'm only doing the bare minimum and nothing else.

Went to a shop today and bought a new pasta spoon/ladle thing. The other one has never turned up and I keep forgetting to ask OH what he did with it.
I also bought a new egg slice .... I used mine to scoop up the bat the other night and now I don't want it anymore.

My OH rang from Scotland last night. Guess who was with him?
Only my dad and my dad's mate. They had driven their bikes up to Scotland to go and see OH and they were all sitting inside an Indian restaurant !!!!!!

I'm here all alone, OH in Scotland and my dad with him too. Great.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza

Went to a shop today and bought a new pasta spoon/ladle thing. The other one has never turned up and I keep forgetting to ask OH what he did with it.
I also bought a new egg slice .... I used mine to scoop up the bat the other night and now I don't want it anymore.

Only my dad and my dad's mate. They had driven their bikes up to Scotland to go and see OH and they were all sitting inside an Indian restaurant !!!!!!

Ohhhhhhh dear Lorna, Know how you are feeling and somehow not right...know you wished you were there but a 1,000 miles away...this living abroad can be a real bummer....
Open a bottle and enjoy a glass or two, put fav dvd on and tomorrow is another day

Last edited by angeli; Jul 10th 2010 at 5:38 am. Reason: coz fingies too quick
Old Jul 10th 2010, 6:07 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I did pour myself a glass of wine and then discovered I just didn't want it. It's really horribly sticky here today. Very bad "affa".
Couldn't swallow the wine for some reason so having an ice cold coke instead.

I might read for a while now and then watch a film when the kids go to bed.
Watched "Law Abiding Citizen" the other evening and liked it - not what I was expecting and not a predictable story like some films.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by angeli
Maybe Indie you should have posted this one in 'We've got a bat in the house'

Originally Posted by LivingHere
Just like to say

Me three!! Went to nice cool mountains today, got back at 7pm and it's like a damn sauna here!!! Fa schifo!!

That is crappy Lorna on sooooo many levels hun. Hope you've got some wine on the go tonightxxxx
Old Jul 10th 2010, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Just like to say

We are going on holiday tomorrow and part of our trip is a house swap. So have a family arriving tomorrow and I feel some sort of pride in my ability to make them feel welcome and provide them with a clean house.

We have to be at Calais by six pm tomorrow and I will still need to change the beds when I get up. I am starting to doubt the sanity of the arrangement, although we have saved a shedful of money over the years. Yes, enough to buy a shed.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

We are going on holiday tomorrow and part of our trip is a house swap. So have a family arriving tomorrow and I feel some sort of pride in my ability to make them feel welcome and provide them with a clean house.

We have to be at Calais by six pm tomorrow and I will still need to change the beds when I get up. I am starting to doubt the sanity of the arrangement, although we have saved a shedful of money over the years. Yes, enough to buy a shed.

I would be exactly the same as you!! Hope it all works out well for you though. I'm sure it will all come right in the endxxxx
Old Jul 13th 2010, 7:41 pm

Have they gone Indie - the MIL and the kids?

You and hubby going out for a nice meal or something tonight?
Old Jul 13th 2010, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Have a nice time with hubby Indie.........just dont do anything we
wouldnt do
Old Jul 14th 2010, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Have they gone Indie - the MIL and the kids?

You and hubby going out for a nice meal or something tonight?
Originally Posted by Patty
Have a nice time with hubby Indie.........just dont do anything we
wouldnt do

too damn hot to do anything like that Patty!!! They went yesterday evening. The kids barely gave us a kiss... that's gratitude... I had to go off for a lesson at 6.30, but got home just after 7.30 (only down the road) and I made me and OH tea, then we were both on our puters and I looked at the clock and it was only 8.50!!! Amazing! Some nights with the kids I don't sit down until 10pm!!!

Not sure what we're going to do yet. We've got nearly 3 weeks!!

I went out with a Romanian friend today. Hearing about her Piemontese MIL makes me crack up... the woman is sooooo dramatic and there was me thinking mine was bad! Must admit the old lady doesn't have a very nice life really, her own kids (in their 30's) treat her like an unpaid slave but I wonder if she's brought on a lot of this herself. Also we saw another friend of ours who runs the language school we met through. She came rushing over to tell us that as of September the school will be offering certificates in Italian to make finding work easier (they will guarantee what level you are at etc.) as it is a Piemonte initiative and it's all totally free bar €10 for the book and insurance. Also she asked me if I would be willing to teach some English lessons too for the school. It's all run as a charity so no money but she will write me a reference and it will be fab experience. I really like giving back to the school as we have got a lot out out of it and it does great work here within the community. The icing on the cake was that they got paid for one of the projects we did last year and I helped with this by doing some translating work and going into schools etc. and we are about to get paid for it!! I cannot believe it as I didn't do it for the money at all but I must say that it is nice to feel appreciated.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: HAPPY HOUR

Woo Hoo. I have found a job........ I am no longer the domestic Godess or God in our house (While my wife went to work as a teacher)

But I now have a proper job. Woo Hoo again. It helps to make my dream of living permanently in Italy a reality.

Drinks all round. Mine is a cool beer.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pete Grey
Woo Hoo. I have found a job........ I am no longer the domestic Godess or God in our house (While my wife went to work as a teacher)

But I now have a proper job. Woo Hoo again. It helps to make my dream of living permanently in Italy a reality.

Drinks all round. Mine is a cool beer.
Wooo Hooo!! Well done Pete!!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by indiebird
Wooo Hooo!! Well done Pete!!
Thanks Indiebird. I have spent the past 2 years working for landscape gardeners and doing the cleaning and ironing in our house. I still can't believe I have got the job. Pure chance the right place at the right time. Hours of searching for jobs in the papers and on the internet only to be offered a job by a friend of a friend after having a beer in a bar!!!!!!!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pete Grey
Thanks Indiebird. I have spent the past 2 years working for landscape gardeners and doing the cleaning and ironing in our house. I still can't believe I have got the job. Pure chance the right place at the right time. Hours of searching for jobs in the papers and on the internet only to be offered a job by a friend of a friend after having a beer in a bar!!!!!!!
I find it seems to be the way here. I do a bit of teaching and all my work has come through word of mouth via friends and aquaintances here. I didn't even have any idea it was what I wanted to do until a friend asked if I gave lessons.... it's never going to make me rich but it does give me something to do.... well done again....although I'm worried you might leave mounds of ironing now!!!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 7:06 pm

Congrats Pete on the new job.

It is only 9am and I can already tell we are going to boil here today. Weather forecast says 38° and not a cloud in the sky.

It has been getting stickier and stickier all week. If the forecast is right it should break on Sunday and rain. We'll see.

OH got in from Scotland yesterday and immediately jumped into a cold shower. Got lots of goodies from Mr Walker including the traditional shortbread, a Glenfiddich whisky cake weighing a ton and some other biscuits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.