Wikiposts

HAPPY HOUR

Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: HAPPY HOUR

Originally Posted by K in Modena
Would you advise me to register the baby's birth in the UK/ get her a UK passport or not bother? She'll still be automatically British anyway, right? Any advantages to having the documents early on in life?
The only advantage about registering the birth at the Consulate or in London is that getting copies of UK birth certificates later on is pretty painless. I still haven't done it but I think I will because if in years to come I have a descendant who decides to research their family history they might not find any info regarding children born outside the UK.

Btw, your daughter will be British by Descent, meaning she wont automatically pass her Britishness onto her children.

Also you don't need a british birth certificate to get a british passport. When we registered the births at the comune we also asked for an International Birth Certificate (the fields are written in English). Thats been useful in the UK.

Last edited by LivingHere; Jul 8th 2010 at 4:28 am.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:57 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been watching "Who Do You Think You Are" ?

I've seen some episodes and find it fascinating ... the people on the show have a lot of professional help tracking things though - much more than just looking at an old census.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

I think its amazing that most people only really know about their grand parents, then anything else is a surprise. Every now and again the channel that puts it out (is it BBC1) has a competition where the prize is for an ordinary person to get the same sort of help. My mum has been doing her family tree. Every marriage is followed very rapidly by a birth.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:42 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I did some research after watching some episodes - mainly for my dad. He was always told he had the same name as his uncle that was shot by the Japanese during WWII.

I managed to find his name and rank on some war records, where he was shot, why he was shot and I found photos of the cemetary in Malaysia where he is buried and I got a lovely photo of his name plaque and numbered grave there. The poor bugger was a POW and was working on the famous burma railway and tried to escape. The Japs shot him before a firing squad as an example to the others.

Part of me can't help thinking that at least it was a "clean" and quick death. When you see the reports, most of the other poor men died from horrible diseases.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

What on earth's going on with the weather this year? Last night I had to get up and get an extra blanket cos it was too cold! In July! Since the start of June every time I look at Sky News it's hotter in London than here! I've never known anything like it.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 6:23 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

It's boiling here!! And humid! My OH went back to the UK yesterday for a golf day with clients - in Leeds!!! it was cold when he arrived but he'd got sunburnt by the end!!! Lol!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
It's boiling here!! And humid! My OH went back to the UK yesterday for a golf day with clients - in Leeds!!! it was cold when he arrived but he'd got sunburnt by the end!!! Lol!
it's been boiling here! Yesterday was better -overcast morning followed by boiling afternoon again. Today is overcast again and so I've got the windows open trying to let the cool air in! It has been a weird year though... last month I was still in my cardie!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 6:53 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ok. I'm hyped about that wonderful bat find of Lorna's and it's Friday eve for us

Where is the bar?
Old Jul 9th 2010, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

MIL arrives this afternoon. House as scrubbed as I can be arsed with... I do reserve the right to knock her head off when she goes on and on about what a great favour she's doing me taking my kids back to England on tueday with her...
Old Jul 9th 2010, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by indiebird
MIL arrives this afternoon. House as scrubbed as I can be arsed with... I do reserve the right to knock her head off when she goes on and on about what a great favour she's doing me taking my kids back to England on tueday with her...
Enjoy nice long w/end with her.... sun shining, house sparkling, alls well with the world
Old Jul 9th 2010, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by angeli
Enjoy nice long w/end with her.... sun shining, house sparkling, alls well with the world
We're going up in the mountains tomorrow.... ...too hot here apparently....
Old Jul 9th 2010, 8:18 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky you. I'm off to a wedding and the do is in the middle of a field in Mappano. The only perfume I'll be wearing is Autan.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 37100
Lucky you. I'm off to a wedding and the do is in the middle of a field in Mappano. The only perfume I'll be wearing is Autan.
Wouldn't you rather come with us??? I didn't think there was much else other than fields in Mappano! Autan is a good choice of scent for that.... Julia's been a feast for something here recently! Try and have a good dayxxx
Old Jul 9th 2010, 6:40 pm

Yeah enjoy the wedding - you have after all got a new outfit for it.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Maybe Indie you should have posted this one in 'We've got a bat in the house'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.