Wikiposts

HAPPY HOUR

Old Jul 26th 2010, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: HAPPY HOUR

Thanks Gio,
I was definitely thinking that at least I shouldn't have to organise Old People's homes for my parents.... luckily for them! My sis is so good at organising then she can deal with all those things!!

An Italian friend here who has travelled all over the world with her Hub who was in the Italian Air Force said to me a little while ago, you carry your own root ball around with you when you travel and you lay it down wherever you get to and you can pull it up again to move on, but your strength lies within you when you put your roots down you get to connect with others. She really helped me to see that we are rather self contained and I can do whatever we want to do.

I've got a nice selection of Agritourismi to email off to today to find somewhere for us to have a weeks worth of chilling when we get back to Italy at the end of August... I guess I'm lucky that I get a good amount of holiday times and the kids have had a fab few weeks already in the UK with the inlaws... if my lot want to act like prats that's up to them but I don't think they know what they're missing out on.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Arrrgggggghhhhhh di nuovo! Had a huge (if brief) row with my mum on the phone yesterday afternoon. Apparently I'm uncommunicative (moi?????!!!!!) and prefer to spend my time and keep HER grandchildren away from her! Bloody cheek of the woman! Normally I tend to just agree with her as I don't want to spoil her illusions of being the perfect grandmother but I couldn't yesterday and so I told her EXACTLY what I thought about her grandparenting skills. She then told me she had to hang up as she didn't want to cry on the phone. I'm at a total loss now....

I guess I just count my lucky stars I'm not closer and don't have to spend time with her all the time, turn up to the party, be nice for a while and then leave. Familes are soooo difficult sometimes. If it's not the inlaws then it's your own lot!!
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:42 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Hmmm...."blood is thicker than water" eh! Always thought this appropriate to describe my family at times....
Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gio
Hmmm...."blood is thicker than water" eh! Always thought this appropriate to describe my family at times....
My MIL once said to me: 'Blood is thicker than water and YOU need to start realising that.'

I sat there and shot straight back: 'Yeah but you can choose you're friends.'

Didn't go down well. I'm just glad that her two other kids have found partners that she thinks are worse than me...
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:35 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

I suppose, to be fair, I try and put myself in the position of being an "in-law" to my sons other arf, and, wonder what I will feel like if & when he chooses her over me... Not that I hope it would ever become an issue.
When my son was born, a hundred and eleventy years ago, I said, rather foolishly, that I was just someone who was here to care and look after my child and had no ties on him when he grew up, that we were just given these children as a gift...what b@@l@c's....They become part of you a graft that can never, not that you'd want to, seperate from.
Still talking B@@@@@@@@, older & wiser? Never!
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gio
I suppose, to be fair, I try and put myself in the position of being an "in-law" to my sons other arf, and, wonder what I will feel like if & when he chooses her over me... Not that I hope it would ever become an issue.
When my son was born, a hundred and eleventy years ago, I said, rather foolishly, that I was just someone who was here to care and look after my child and had no ties on him when he grew up, that we were just given these children as a gift...what b@@l@c's....They become part of you a graft that can never, not that you'd want to, seperate from.
Still talking B@@@@@@@@, older & wiser? Never!
when I become an inlaw I hope I've got nice people like you who can tell me when I'm making a prat of myself. I know it's difficult and in many ways I'm just glad that we are here just the four of us and only have to deal with them a few weeks every year.. I can kinda put up with the weird stuff (my MIL does this weird tickling thing on my OH ) for that long... I'm sure you are a fab inlaw Gio!
Old Jul 28th 2010, 5:40 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

I'm not sure about that Indie... But it's jolly nice to hear.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

lindaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it's been pouring down here all morning - impressively black skies and thunder and lightening. Going back to the UK on Monday so I think the weather is giving us a head start in getting used to the cooler UK weather
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:28 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lindaf
Well it's been pouring down here all morning - impressively black skies and thunder and lightening. Going back to the UK on Monday so I think the weather is giving us a head start in getting used to the cooler UK weather
Not cool here in London, and no rain!!!! Though I'm sure it's cooler than Italy....You should enjoy the weather here, we do, after being blasted by the heat which I found very dibilitating...Ahhhhhhhhhh, cool sheets. Enjoy your stay in the U.K.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 7:25 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm back from Lake Garda and happy to say that everyone is still alive.

It could have been a lot worse but on the first day the boy gave my Alex such a punch in the stomach, little Alex was winded so much he couldn't even get his breath to cry for the first few minutes. The kid tried to run off but I stretched out my arm quick as a flash and grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and gave him a right talking to. His mother hadn't seen what happened.
I told him that I expected him to play nicely with his friends and tried to explain to him and his sister that it was much nicer to get compliments and nice words from people instead of being shouted at all the time and I tried to set up some kind of friendly type motto with them "rispetto e non dispetti".

After that moment I made a point of saying 'good girl /good boy' every time they were nice and reminded them about 'respect' when they weren't. There were a number of times when I saw him about to do something naughty and I said 'ah erm' just to let him know I had my eye on him.

You should have heard the language from them both though .... especially him. Chloe told me one afternoon that he'd been teasing her for ages and wouldn't stop and she'd had it with him calling her 'a sack of dried $hit - a smelly cow - a stupid idiot - a turd - and other such niceities so I grabbed him again and gave him another quiet but firm talking to.

I forced myself to ignore them when they were behaving badly to their parents. He called his dad 'a pig' and the girl started laughing and said "si si it's true, you're a pig daddy."
It's almost like the parents have got so used to it that they don't hear it anymore. They were like kids from the nursery rhyme ..... when they were good they could be very good but when they were bad, they were bleeding impossible. Luckily there were times when they were very good and the kids had a great time fishing, swimming and jumping off rocks and us mums got to relax too in the sun.

Anyway ....... you should see where we stayed. Not a little holiday home at all but a 1900's big old 5 bedroom villa just a two minute walk away from a private sun spot on the lake edge. It once belonged to my friend's great grandparents. She said her Granny used to open up the villa each May and take her housekeeper with her and stay there until the end of September when she closed up the villa for winter. It is also basically next door to a huge, old, historical villa called Villa Bettoni.
Our view from the lakeside each day was of the back gardens of Villa Bettoni and the kids played almost in front of it. What a place.

Here are some photos ......... the villa where we stayed and Villa Bettoni.
Attached Thumbnails HAPPY HOUR-dscn0668.jpg   HAPPY HOUR-dscn0639.jpg   HAPPY HOUR-dscn0644.jpg  
Old Aug 1st 2010, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Well I'm back from Lake Garda and happy to say that everyone is still alive.

It could have been a lot worse but on the first day the boy gave my Alex such a punch in the stomach, little Alex was winded so much he couldn't even get his breath to cry for the first few minutes. The kid tried to run off but I stretched out my arm quick as a flash and grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and gave him a right talking to. His mother hadn't seen what happened.
I told him that I expected him to play nicely with his friends and tried to explain to him and his sister that it was much nicer to get compliments and nice words from people instead of being shouted at all the time and I tried to set up some kind of friendly type motto with them "rispetto e non dispetti".

After that moment I made a point of saying 'good girl /good boy' every time they were nice and reminded them about 'respect' when they weren't. There were a number of times when I saw him about to do something naughty and I said 'ah erm' just to let him know I had my eye on him.

You should have heard the language from them both though .... especially him. Chloe told me one afternoon that he'd been teasing her for ages and wouldn't stop and she'd had it with him calling her 'a sack of dried $hit - a smelly cow - a stupid idiot - a turd - and other such niceities so I grabbed him again and gave him another quiet but firm talking to.

I forced myself to ignore them when they were behaving badly to their parents. He called his dad 'a pig' and the girl started laughing and said "si si it's true, you're a pig daddy."
It's almost like the parents have got so used to it that they don't hear it anymore. They were like kids from the nursery rhyme ..... when they were good they could be very good but when they were bad, they were bleeding impossible. Luckily there were times when they were very good and the kids had a great time fishing, swimming and jumping off rocks and us mums got to relax too in the sun.

Anyway ....... you should see where we stayed. Not a little holiday home at all but a 1900's big old 5 bedroom villa just a two minute walk away from a private sun spot on the lake edge. It once belonged to my friend's great grandparents. She said her Granny used to open up the villa each May and take her housekeeper with her and stay there until the end of September when she closed up the villa for winter. It is also basically next door to a huge, old, historical villa called Villa Bettoni.
Our view from the lakeside each day was of the back gardens of Villa Bettoni and the kids played almost in front of it. What a place.

Here are some photos ......... the villa where we stayed and Villa Bettoni.
Glad you survived your trip to Lake Garda Lorna, never been there but photos have inspired me, just need a villa and a housekeeper and a sack full of anti-histamine...think I would be eaten alive. Friends kids sounded well out of control....bet you gave them hell!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2010, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

What does troubling mean?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ling-sons.html
Old Aug 13th 2010, 12:12 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

They were getting urges....

I know you're joking... I posted this on FB. Someone suggested mum was jealous!! Her little mammoni finding other boobies than hers more interesting....sick but possibly true!!!
Old Aug 13th 2010, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

It was such a non descriptive way of describing it!
Old Aug 13th 2010, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Wish it was Happy Hour and I felt happier...
Have had horrid time here trying to get friend (in nursing home) back home....her wish...
She does go to Hospice 1 / 2 days a week and told them her angst's mainly revolving around a qualified nurse who was late with medication (she has Parkinson's D and meds really important) and need to be given on time..... Anyway nurse was 1 and a half hrs late with tabs and then, seeing her in a state decided to man-handle her into a position and throw tablets down throat.....Result being she has told all to Hospice who have complained to N Home, now all official and inspectors involved.
My aim was to get her home with increased care package...now agency wont touch her as official complaint made....
Hope I dont have to go through what she'd going through when I am old and grey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.