Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What you can't get in Canada

What you can't get in Canada

Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:46 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of
Default Re: What you can't get in Canada

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Mrs JonboyE is away visiting her parents so I had to go to Safeway to do some shopping.

Altogether it was a rather scary experience.

However, I survived, and as I have noticed that Marmite is of great concern to many posters, I am pleased to confirm that Safeway sell it - it is in the spice isle.

Is it too early to open a bottle of wine to calm my nerves?

Hate It!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:50 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
what Marmite or wine???

Mrsjonbioy - iis gone midday some where in the world - crack it open love!!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:14 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
what Marmite or wine???

Thank you, I just have. It looks like the mutt is not going walkies this afternoon after all.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:30 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingnut
For some balance here is what you can't get in the UK..... waffles that are made in the toaster.
Although the UK does have potato waffles, which don't seem to be here. I always found they made a good alternative to chips, even imitating a decent chip buttie.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

However, I survived, and as I have noticed that Marmite is of great concern to many posters, I am pleased to confirm that Safeway sell it - it is in the spice isle.
A word from the experienced Marmite shopper - you will not always find it in the spice aisle (although this is the most common place I have found it). Some stores have it wil baking goods and some with international imports. And those are just the ones I've shopped in! The reason it's not where it should be is because they haven't a clue what it is!
Marmite - Love it or hate it I wouldn't want to share it! I brought the second biggest sized jar you can get in the UK with me when I moved here and happened to leave it on the side one day. My eldest (dog) hooked it off and ate it. Brat....
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:17 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Although the UK does have potato waffles, which don't seem to be here. I always found they made a good alternative to chips, even imitating a decent chip buttie.
A fried tatty sandwich with dads sauce on Mmmmm Oh and scotch pancakes go in the toaster or at least they did in my house
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:21 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

I Hate tim hortons yuk!!!! The sickly sweet smell of the place makes me want
to throw
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:28 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Esme
in Canada (or the States)?
Apparently its already been aired in the states So OH tells me.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Esme
A word from the experienced Marmite shopper - you will not always find it in the spice aisle (although this is the most common place I have found it). Some stores have it wil baking goods and some with international imports. And those are just the ones I've shopped in! The reason it's not where it should be is because they haven't a clue what it is!
Marmite - Love it or hate it I wouldn't want to share it! I brought the second biggest sized jar you can get in the UK with me when I moved here and happened to leave it on the side one day. My eldest (dog) hooked it off and ate it. Brat....
Do you have marmite there in NS ?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, I just have. It looks like the mutt is not going walkies this afternoon after all.
Now come on this is an everyday event going shopping you should have been in Tesco yesterday i only needed a few things for unexpected visitors today OMG it was like a free for all second thoughts give me a glass as well
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:07 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
what Marmite or wine???

Can't even bring myself to say the name of the vile stuff....mmmmmaaaaarrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiittt tttttttteeeeeeeee

Yuckkkkkkkk
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Can't even bring myself to say the name of the vile stuff....mmmmmaaaaarrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiittt tttttttteeeeeeeee

Yuckkkkkkkk
You can get therapy for that you know
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:25 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
You can get therapy for that you know
Yes, Simon has worked on it long and hard.

If Simon gets a monk on with me he hides it in my food to see if I notice and also if he wants more obvious revenge he feeds it to Piglet - she loves it...

In return, I make Jemima have a yoghurt bath...he hates that - so now we are at the quid pro quo stage of food fights....
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes, Simon has worked on it long and hard.

If Simon gets a monk on with me he hides it in my food to see if I notice and also if he wants more obvious revenge he feeds it to Piglet - she loves it...

In return, I make Jemima have a yoghurt bath...he hates that - so now we are at the quid pro quo stage of food fights....
The pollution has finally got to you, i used to live in Richmond and worked in Kingston quite a few years ago, i only go for odd days now, don't know how oh does it every day
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:42 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
The pollution has finally got to you, i used to live in Richmond and worked in Kingston quite a few years ago, i only go for odd days now, don't know how oh does it every day
huhhhh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.