Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What you can't get in Canada

Wikiposts

What you can't get in Canada

Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

ali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant future
Default Re: What you can't get in Canada

Originally Posted by Esme
And Marmite's now squeezy! What an innovation!
Do you think. It drives me mad I cant get all the marmite out.:curse: I'm like a woman scorned if I'm cheated out of marmite.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ali-simon
Do you think. It drives me mad I cant get all the marmite out.:curse: I'm like a woman scorned if I'm cheated out of marmite.
I love marmite but OH doesn't i didn't ask on our first date had i known well as they say the rest is history

Last edited by Coffeepot; Apr 21st 2008 at 4:16 am. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Ever since I got UK TV I've been excited about Wimbledon. I really miss British cover(age) of Wimbledon and hate the US cover(age). Roll on June!!
But I've just realised that I'm going to get to see the Eurovision Song Contest too! I should have a party and invite Canadians over - make them think I'm even weirder than they think I already am!!!!!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Originally Posted by ali-simon
does the lid come off though?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
I love marmite but OH doesn't i didn't ask on our first date had i known well as they say the rest in history
It's a good job you didn't eat it before your first date - he might have puked when he kissed ya!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

This is a little off topic but I wanted to share my distress with someone and I didn't feel it was worth starting a new thread (I did look to see if there was one but 'ticks' seems to occur more to do with applications than to be found on dogs!).
Ticks - the bloodsucking variety. I found my first tick on Snoopz' nose last night - I completely freaked and removing it was one of the most disgusting things I've ever had to do. Fleas pale into insignificance at the side of ticks. Oh. My. God. So I had a restless night's sleep - it got worse. I woke up to find one crawling up my arm - at least it wasn't attached. Then about an hour ago I found one on Flynn's ear. I am so grossed out I can't touch the dogs in case I find another one. This is something you can get in Canada that I would rather not!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

This is a little off topic but I wanted to share my distress with someone and I didn't feel it was worth starting a new thread (I did look to see if there was one but 'ticks' seems to occur more to do with applications than to be found on dogs!).
Ticks - the bloodsucking variety. I found my first tick on Snoopz' nose last night - I completely freaked and removing it was one of the most disgusting things I've ever had to do. Fleas pale into insignificance at the side of ticks. Oh. My. God. So I had a restless night's sleep - it got worse. I woke up to find one crawling up my arm - at least it wasn't attached. Then about an hour ago I found one on Flynn's ear. I am so grossed out I can't touch the dogs in case I find another one. This is something you can get in Canada that I would rather not!
You get them here as well OMG to find one on your arm that would freak me out, have the dogs been in long grass? also do they sleep in your room ?

you can get drops to help keep them off but you need to check them over after every walk, and careful how you remove them they can become infected
Old Apr 21st 2008, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

You get them here as well OMG to find one on your arm that would freak me out, have the dogs been in long grass? also do they sleep in your room ?

you can get drops to help keep them off but you need to check them over after every walk, and careful how you remove them they can become infected
Thanks for the advice. I Googled removal procedure and used tweezers and gentle squeezing till they gave up their host (puke, puke, puke) and dumped them in a glass of sherry (it said alcohol and that was all I had! I took a gulp of it before I dropped the first invader in!!!).

I do walk them in long grass - since I got my foot back, I've been walking them locally one at a time and there's a patch of land at the end of my road that I thought was interesting enough to walk on - not any more!!!!!!
Yes, they sleep in my room but that may have to stop - they're fun to have around in winter (Flynn's a great hot water bottle!). Well, I guess you're telling me I need to go check them over - I presume they can be anywhere on the body? They don't hang out in specific places like fleas do?
Do the drops come from the vet?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for the advice. I Googled removal procedure and used tweezers and gentle squeezing till they gave up their host (puke, puke, puke) and dumped them in a glass of sherry (it said alcohol and that was all I had! I took a gulp of it before I dropped the first invader in!!!).

I do walk them in long grass - since I got my foot back, I've been walking them locally one at a time and there's a patch of land at the end of my road that I thought was interesting enough to walk on - not any more!!!!!!
Yes, they sleep in my room but that may have to stop - they're fun to have around in winter (Flynn's a great hot water bottle!). Well, I guess you're telling me I need to go check them over - I presume they can be anywhere on the body? They don't hang out in specific places like fleas do?
Do the drops come from the vet?
Well mine came from the vets does fleas as well,

and yes they can live anywhere really on the host as they say i would check them over and def keep them off the bed until you know they are clear i believe the shampoo helps with keeping them at bay Tee tree springs to mind, have a friend who is a vet i will ask her about it, good luck
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:37 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

you dont have to get the flea /tick stuff from the vet as its not prescription -

google pet prescpritions - I use best pet in uk - dam sight cheaper than vet !
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:34 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I've just seen the Marmite commercial with Paddington Bear - it did make me laugh! (you Canadian residents without UK TV can't see it ). And Marmite's now squeezy! What an innovation!
We can all see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBY5e...eature=related
Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Well mine came from the vets does fleas as well,

and yes they can live anywhere really on the host as they say i would check them over and def keep them off the bed until you know they are clear i believe the shampoo helps with keeping them at bay Tee tree springs to mind, have a friend who is a vet i will ask her about it, good luck
Great! Thanks!! They've all had a bath. I am now trying to summon up the energy to clean the bath then take my own. I didn't find any more ticks but Esme (the real one!) has a pretty thick coat so I don't know. I'll watch them closely for the next couple of days. I realised Flynn had one coz he scratched his ear.

A woman's work is never done....
Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

mart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nice

Great! Thanks!! They've all had a bath. I am now trying to summon up the energy to clean the bath then take my own. I didn't find any more ticks but Esme (the real one!) has a pretty thick coat so I don't know. I'll watch them closely for the next couple of days. I realised Flynn had one coz he scratched his ear.

A woman's work is never done....
oh you poor thing, remember my dog had a tick once it really freaked me out, as the vet explained they can often get them where deer have been in the heather:curse: i didnt relly care i just wanted rid
any way never exactly found locations where dear frolick in the heather but i make sure keira gets" frontline "just some drops on back of neck and we are all sleeping better
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

mart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nice

sorry havent seen last 30 odd pages but i need to tell you all, that after my initial worry about chocolate in canada i can confirm i have seen lots of nestle and cadbury so ladies do not despair there is a plentifull supply
Old Apr 21st 2008, 1:23 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mart2612
sorry havent seen last 30 odd pages but i need to tell you all, that after my initial worry about chocolate in canada i can confirm i have seen lots of nestle and cadbury so ladies do not despair there is a plentifull supply

...... have you tasted Canadian Cadbury's???? !!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.