Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old May 19th 2012, 5:23 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Smile Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Vettemaster, just thought I would let you know your good luck worked!!!! I got our medical requests through this morning in the mail Im totally freaked out!!!

Had letter asking for police checks from Ireland for myself, medical requests and Right of Permanent Residence Fee all together. Im totally shocked and of course dying with the worst cold ever. I phoned Ireland and the police there told me what to do to get it and said that it will only take a very short time to get the police cert. I talked to the Dr to get a copy of some previous medical problems and she said come and see her in about two weeks and now Im too afraid to phone to arrange the medical because my denial and avoidance were going along just fine . Help!!!!!

Also I got some information with the letter suggesting that I register and take part in CIIP.

Hurry up and send in your copies. My application was showing as begun processing on 25th April and the letter I got today was dated the 26th and I now have 60 days it looks like for the medicals. OHHH crap!!!!!

Im also very happy of course , just too shocked for words and I think i will start a thread to see if this is normal to get all of these requests together.
Hi violets, we are very happy for you. We are still in Florida, but we have been sadly checking Ecas from here lol : ).
I hope your past medical history does not cause you any issues. We are loving Florida and the lovely sunny days and food and heat! Hopefully we will have mail when we return home. Although we are not looking forward to the cold and wet weather lol.
All the best and good luck.

Regards
Andrew
Old May 19th 2012, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi violets, we are very happy for you. We are still in Florida, but we have been sadly checking Ecas from here lol : ).
I hope your past medical history does not cause you any issues. We are loving Florida and the lovely sunny days and food and heat! Hopefully we will have mail when we return home. Although we are not looking forward to the cold and wet weather lol.
All the best and good luck.

Regards
Andrew
Hi Andy, thanks so much. Great to hear ye are having a great time in Florida - hard not to there for sure . The weather is sooo far removed from anything remotely warm here at the moment but hey you just never know though might improve before you all land
Been to my Dr and went through the medical stuff from few years back and she seems to think everything should be fine and gave me all of letters/paperwork and records from the time so fingers crossed. We have medicals booked for the end of the month very nervous , (didnt realise that we couldnt get them quicker) so will update following that. Sent off the right of residence fee and police cert from Ireland (it was FREE - actually cost nothing!!! I was shocked

Hope you managed to get what you needed sent off before you went on holiday and your medical request has landed for when you get back . Enjoy the rest of your holiday, such a good idea heading off there. Good luck
Old May 21st 2012, 6:18 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Question Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Hi Andy, thanks so much. Great to hear ye are having a great time in Florida - hard not to there for sure. The weather is sooo far removed from anything remotely warm here at the moment but hey you just never know though might improve before you all land
Been to my Dr and went through the medical stuff from few years back and she seems to think everything should be fine and gave me all of letters/paperwork and records from the time so fingers crossed. We have medicals booked for the end of the month very nervous , (didnt realise that we couldnt get them quicker) so will update following that. Sent off the right of residence fee and police cert from Ireland (it was FREE - actually cost nothing!!! I was shocked.

Hope you managed to get what you needed sent off before you went on holiday and your medical request has landed for when you get back . Enjoy the rest of your holiday, such a good idea heading off there. Good luck
Well were back. It feels like winter and it was grey and gloomy as soon as we stepped off the plane We had nothing on the doormat from London as yet. We are showing as Processing, so at least we are still ok.
We both have had 3 hours sleep since Sunday the 20th Back to work tomorrow ;(

Keep us updated! Its all good
Old May 21st 2012, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Well were back. It feels like winter and it was grey and gloomy as soon as we stepped off the plane We had nothing on the doormat from London as yet. We are showing as Processing, so at least we are still ok.
We both have had 3 hours sleep since Sunday the 20th Back to work tomorrow ;(

Keep us updated! Its all good
Sorry to hear you have had no mail , maybe tomorrow or within a few days
Ohhh the weather its freezing here too, however, GOOD NEWS, my daughter (reliable source ) has heard....through some grapevine..(not the met office I should add) that tomorrow is going to be Summer hot!!! Will have to wait and see .

Glad you had a great holiday and hopefully following a very long sleep there will be some movement on your application (and the weather ). Jet lag is tough, work with jet lag - good luck with that .
Old May 24th 2012, 5:25 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Post Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Sorry to hear you have had no mail , maybe tomorrow or within a few days
Ohhh the weather its freezing here too, however, GOOD NEWS, my daughter (reliable source ) has heard....through some grapevine..(not the met office I should add) that tomorrow is going to be Summer hot!!! Will have to wait and see .

Glad you had a great holiday and hopefully following a very long sleep there will be some movement on your application (and the weather ). Jet lag is tough, work with jet lag - good luck with that .
Hi Violets, Still nothing yet. We have even emailed CIC London to see if they have looked at the extra information they requested. We have 30 days left and even though we sent it by Special Delivery, we want to make sure it got to the right office person. No email back since yesterday. I hope something happens soon. Still states this on the Ecas > We received your application for permanent residence on February 20, 2012. We started processing your application on April 23, 2012.

Last edited by vettemaster; May 24th 2012 at 5:30 pm.
Old May 24th 2012, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Violets, Still nothing yet. We have even emailed CIC London to see if they have looked at the extra information they requested. We have 30 days left and even though we sent it by Special Delivery, we want to make sure it got to the right office person. No email back since yesterday. I hope something happens soon. Still states this on the Ecas > We received your application for permanent residence on February 20, 2012. We started processing your application on April 23, 2012.
Hi Vettemaster, it seems like such a long time since you have sent your information and I really hope that you hear something back very soon. It might be that we all expected to hear nothing so quickly originally and then things started moving and now it seems it should be a little quicker when in reality it might be fairly normal (if you can figure out what I mean ). It seems a good idea to have contacted them and I wonder if they will answer your e mail, I sure hope so. I imagine you had 60 days to get the information to them, which is the same with ours. The response will probably appear when you least expect it . I have seen on here recently that London do seem to be working fairly quickly with applications so dont give up hope on the speed yet .

If its any help, I sent the Irish police cert, right of residence fee bank draft and copy of receipt from processing fees and copy of the letter they originally sent me, all with a note stating what was enclosed and have heard nothing as to whether they received anything. I also sent it special/next day signed for delivery. Have no idea where it is, who has it, if it arrived or if its lost in some black hole somewhere . Im hoping that this 'quiet period' is normal. My application also says -
We received your application for permanent residence on March 2, 2012.
We started processing your application on April 25, 2012.
I really hope you hear something again soon, Im sure its just the way they do things and that it will arrive soon .
(I had a little bit of a mental wobble on my way home from work last night, had really good day at work and laughed so much for most of the day, then driving home I thought to myself - ohhh holy crap, am I seriously thinking of leaving everyone I know - took a good 20min of my drive to breath again and get over the shock that hit - very weird but its always good to stop and think and evaluate and re-evaluate - my driving was probably enhanced )
So, looking on the bright side of the time this all takes - it allows you to be mentally ready to go .
Old May 25th 2012, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, can anyone advise on this: is UCI just for immigration process or I can find it on my tourist visa? Which number is UCI on the tourist visa? Thanks!!
Old May 25th 2012, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by New_Start
Hi, can anyone advise on this: is UCI just for immigration process or I can find it on my tourist visa? Which number is UCI on the tourist visa? Thanks!!
Unique Client Identifier (UCI). When our application for PNP was completed at Nova Scotia they sent us an e mail with this number and informed us the application was forwarded to London. Im sorry but I dont know anything more about it. However, I do use it to check on my application status. Not sure if it has anything to do with a tourist visa. Someone else could no doubt help.
Old May 31st 2012, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Vettemaster, any word yet? Just thought I would say we had our medicals today, very easy and very nice lady. Worst part was blood test and even that was not too bad. Had x-ray on Monday so all done. Total cost was not as bad as i thought - £150 for x-rays (for two total) and £340 for tests (total for two) so £490 plus £4 sending charge. Really was nothing to worry about at all. Hope you have heard something or do so very soon
Old May 31st 2012, 9:56 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Hi all,

Andrew here, newbi to the forum. Just been reading through all the posts very interesting and a good indicator as to how long processing times take at each stage. We are just about to submit our online application to MPNP under the "family Stream" we are hoping that the whole process from application to MPNP to Visa issue will be done and dusted in 14 months, am i being optimistic?

My wife is the principle applicant with her teaching qualifications and has been issued with a letter of eligibility to teach in Manitoba After 25 years in the Royal Navy, I have already secured a job offer (With the help of my brother) that is being kept open for as long as it takes for us to land. My parents and 2 brothers emigrated to Manitoba 20 years ago and we have made many trips since, so i am hoping that they look at our application favourably and if we get the LOA, that CIC process the application in London relatively quickly, so here is hoping. I am sure i will be posting here for many months to come and look forward to sharing my time line and any other relative information with you all. For my CIC application after LOA from MPNP, i will need to send notarised copies of documents, is there any cost effective way to do this? Does anyone know how many documents need notarised and how much it cost? do all copied documents need to be notarised?

Regards

Andrew & Family
Old May 31st 2012, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Hello Andrew and welcome to the forum.

There is a wiki article that may help:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Immigr...imeline-Canada

The PNP process is a two stage process.

1. You submit your application to the province(PNP). Once your application has been processed and approved by PNP you will receive a PNP certificate. I don't know the processing timeline for Manitoba (stage 1). I have looked on the website and I could not find anything (maybe someone else on the forum may know..?). I applied under the family stream Alberta back in 2008 and I only got my PNP approval letter late November 2011. But each province is different, I can't say for Manitoba.

2. You then apply again at a Federal level (CIC) with your PNP certificate.
Processing times from what I can tell from the London office is six months(for PNP).

As for notarised copies. Some people have sent copies with no problem. I had notarised copies done by a top Canadian lawyer and rejected.
I had to do them again. This time I had my old head teacher and a close friend who was a chartered accountant sign my photocopies. I had copies of educational, passport and marriage documents certified.
Doctors and solicitors will do this for a fee. But you don't really need to pay anyone. Book an appointment with your local MP if need be.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

Unique Client Identifier (UCI). When our application for PNP was completed at Nova Scotia they sent us an e mail with this number and informed us the application was forwarded to London. Im sorry but I dont know anything more about it. However, I do use it to check on my application status. Not sure if it has anything to do with a tourist visa. Someone else could no doubt help.
Thanks!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 8:46 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Thanks Tony,

I have had browsed the link you sent me before, not sure it is applicable to me as it seems to be based around TWP application. I have looked at this website which is mainly for people who are emigrating from the Philippine's
via MPNP http://www.loonlounge.com/community/forum/topics/9/ seems to be huge differences in processing times, but it looks like it should take around 6 months depending on your circumstances, hope they favour ours. I will keep an eye on this thread, there seems to be a couple of people a little ahead of me, so there time line should be a good indicator.

Thanks

Andrew
Old Jun 1st 2012, 11:19 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Exclamation Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Hi Vettemaster, any word yet? Just thought I would say we had our medicals today, very easy and very nice lady. Worst part was blood test and even that was not too bad. Had x-ray on Monday so all done. Total cost was not as bad as i thought - £150 for x-rays (for two total) and £340 for tests (total for two) so £490 plus £4 sending charge. Really was nothing to worry about at all. Hope you have heard something or do so very soon
Blood tests , On another note, we have still had no email response I have even phoned the royal mail to see if there are any problems with our mail as we have not had mail for nearly 7 days! It is so frustrating! Glad to see that you have got your medical over and done with though! Looks like you may be activating and landing before us
Old Jun 1st 2012, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Thanks Tony,

I have had browsed the link you sent me before, not sure it is applicable to me as it seems to be based around TWP application. I have looked at this website which is mainly for people who are emigrating from the Philippine's
via MPNP http://www.loonlounge.com/community/forum/topics/9/ seems to be huge differences in processing times, but it looks like it should take around 6 months depending on your circumstances, hope they favour ours. I will keep an eye on this thread, there seems to be a couple of people a little ahead of me, so there time line should be a good indicator.

Thanks

Andrew
Andrew, Do you have your letter/certificate of approval from the Manitoba PNP?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.