Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old May 2nd 2012, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Bertie41
Just to let you all know we got our PPR today, exactly 6 months bar 1 day from when we submitted our paperwork to London and 4 weeks from when our medicals arrived in London.......now for a little trip to the embassy ......so excited :-)
Congrats Bertie, thats great news.
How long did it take for the medical request to come through when you submitted your paperwork?
Old May 2nd 2012, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to let you all know we got our PPR today, exactly 6 months bar 1 day from when we submitted our paperwork to London and 4 weeks from when our medicals arrived in London.......now for a little trip to the embassy ......so excited :-)

Congrats Bertie41. Which of the province PNP were you nominated?
Old May 2nd 2012, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Bertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Tony,

paperwork was recieved at CIC on 3rd Nov 2011,
medical req 23rd March,
medical done 30th March
medical rec at CIC 5th April
PPR 3rd May (will be going to Embassy tomorrow)

We are on the PNP for Nova Scotia and as frustrating as the whole system is with no nothing or contact from anyone, i have to say they met their target of 6 months by -1 day. Result :-)
SO positive vibes to everyone else :-)
Old May 2nd 2012, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Wow, Congratulations Bertie41 , thats fantastic news for you . It should be a very exciting trip for sure
Old May 3rd 2012, 7:28 am
Just Joined

bela is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to check if IELTs now is required if you re applying under PNP?
Old May 3rd 2012, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

It is VERY strongly recommended and might become soon mandatory. You only do yourself good if you can provide it. This is what I know about MB.
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

pacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the rough

So with us at Seattle doing it from Alberta takes a lot longer we are at 2 yrs 7 months still waiting done meds no problems or interview
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:33 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pacepeter
So with us at Seattle doing it from Alberta takes a lot longer we are at 2 yrs 7 months still waiting done meds no problems or interview
What was the timescale quoted on your last correspondance from CIC? Have you tried emailing them?
Old May 5th 2012, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

I just got my medical request this morning! Omg Omg! I got a request for another police certificate, CIC orientation class and right of permanent residence fee. The thing is I included this payment to my cheque to Sydney NS(I paid extra). Do I write back and include the email receipt? Or just pay extra? I just read on the website 'Visa and consular offices cannot accept receipts for fees paid in Canada.'

Vettemaster have you got yours yet?
Old May 5th 2012, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
I just got my medical request this morning! Omg Omg! I got a request for another police certificate, CIC orientation class and right of permanent residence fee. The thing is I included this payment to my cheque to Sydney NS(I paid extra). Do I write back and include the email receipt? Or just pay extra? I just read on the website 'Visa and consular offices cannot accept receipts for fees paid in Canada.'

Tony_Tiger: congratulations on your medical, PCC and RPRF. Just send the email containing the evidence of permanent residence fee paid for initially and that should be sufficient. The important thing is that the Government of Canada has received the what is due to them for processing your application for PR and that you have paid from what you said. You can also call them to clarify this before sending the email.
Old May 5th 2012, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations Tony Tiger! Wow, they are moving fast these days. Let's hope they keep up the good work. Good luck with the next stage!

Old May 5th 2012, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Congratulations Tony_Tiger, its very exciting and really really fast. Good luck with your medical. Congrats again
Old May 5th 2012, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

@Tony_Tiger : congratulations to you. Seems like new centralized process is quite efficient. On to police & medical now.
Old May 8th 2012, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

I was just applying again for a UK police certificate(arrgghh! Im doing this for the third time. ) . The rules have been changed slightly...so just to give anyone else a heads up.

I got a police certificate last year and it was a case of just filling out a application form and paying the fees(fee is £35).

Now its a lengthy form and requires a single passport photo that is certified. It also requires the person who is certifying the photo to fill out a section of the form and sign it.
Old May 15th 2012, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Police certificate arrived today and sent to the embassy today. Medical done last week and the report should be sent there tomorrow too...

So after almost five years it comes down to this..
As Alex Ferguson once said.. 'its squeaky bum time..'
fingers crossed...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.