Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 21st 2015, 4:58 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Sorry if this has been asked/answered...

How do you know which office your app has been sent too? I assumed they are sent to Mississauga then next they are sent to the office you stated on the one form? ( i put London )

P.s I am in the same situation as a few other people... On IEC which expires in May.. currently have a good full-time job... which I dont want to leave

If you decide to stay here as a visitor do you have to leave then re-enter.. with the hope the border agent with allow you for a 6 month visitor visa?
Old Jan 21st 2015, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snuggs
Sorry if this has been asked/answered...

How do you know which office your app has been sent too? I assumed they are sent to Mississauga then next they are sent to the office you stated on the one form? ( i put London )

P.s I am in the same situation as a few other people... On IEC which expires in May.. currently have a good full-time job... which I dont want to leave

If you decide to stay here as a visitor do you have to leave then re-enter.. with the hope the border agent with allow you for a 6 month visitor visa?
It will tell you the processing centre on your spousal approval letter.

Yea I run out in may too I have my fingers crossed for you

Yea you do a border cross and hope you can get a 6 months visitor visa while you wait it out.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 5:38 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Divvym1
It will tell you the processing centre on your spousal approval letter.

Yea I run out in may too I have my fingers crossed for you

Yea you do a border cross and hope you can get a 6 months visitor visa while you wait it out.
+1 for the sponsor approval letter. It will say something like "Your application has been sent to a visa office abroad for processing. The address is below." And then the address will be either Mississauga, Ottawa, or London.

For doing the visitor thing, the other option is that within 30 days of your IEC expiring, you can apply online to have your status changed to visitor on x date. I think there's a small fee, but then you don't have to trek to a border to do it. Tons of people have done it that way, search on here and you'll find quite a few. (Becky567's husband comes to mind!)

Good luck!
Old Jan 21st 2015, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Bemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The "rhyme or reason" statement is a little annoying since the system is very well worked out but must respond to many more demands than resources provided by financial authorities can possibly meet. Annually the immigration minister announces the intended level of immigration for the coming year and that level sets the resources. Many many more applications are received in many categories beside spousal sponsorship so the offices are overworked. The transfer of applications from Islamabad to London and the creation of a processing centre in Mississauga and Ottawa are management's attempts to ease those pressures. The fact remains that some 80% of spousal applications are processed to completion within well less that a year.
That's put me in my place then !!!! Apologies if I offended
Old Jan 21st 2015, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Bemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Princesstigger
Thank you, and a huge thanks to you and everyone else who maintains this forum, it truly is a lifeline

You have a full time job moderating on here, I couldn't do it!
Couldn't agree more !
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone. This is an excellent forum and I get a nice warm feeling every time I read about someone getting their PR!

Three q's I have;

1)
What is a straight forward case - I'm British and my wife is a Canadian citizen. we have been married 14 years and have lived together in the UK ever since our marriage. We have two kids who are both British and have joint EVERYTHING (wills, accounts, mortgages, facebook page etc) and it can all be proven. I'm a professional, have large savings and am clean - no illness ever (touch wood) and never even had a parking ticket. Does this seem fairly straight forward?

2)
The forms ask that we demonstrate we intend to move to Canada. I'm not sure how to do this as I can't get a job without PR and am not going to rent or buy a place in Toronto without it either. I have shown evidence of me applying for jobs, asking my current employer for a transfer, proof of interviews with banks in Toronto and also estimates from removal firms. Is this enough or is something very specific required?

3)
From this forum and talking to immigration lawyers it seems that people have got their PR within 4 months - is this for real or is it just some very fortunate people? I mean four to five months is pretty wow!
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 3:28 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dillisodhi
Hi everyone. This is an excellent forum and I get a nice warm feeling every time I read about someone getting their PR!

Three q's I have;

1)
What is a straight forward case - I'm British and my wife is a Canadian citizen. we have been married 14 years and have lived together in the UK ever since our marriage. We have two kids who are both British and have joint EVERYTHING (wills, accounts, mortgages, facebook page etc) and it can all be proven. I'm a professional, have large savings and am clean - no illness ever (touch wood) and never even had a parking ticket. Does this seem fairly straight forward?
I'd say, and just my layman's opinion, that yours sounds pretty straight forward. When we refer to ones that are not straight-forward, it tends to refer to things like criminal convictions, multiple divorces and remarriages, relationships whose legitimacy *could* be questioned or where the relationship has red flags (large age gaps, meeting only once before getting married, unusually quick marriages, etc, particularly where the non-Canadian is not from a first world country... disclaimer, not saying ALL relationships with these characteristics are questionable or fake, just saying they are the kinds that tend to raise more flags and questions for CIC), and so on.

Yours sounds like a pretty standard boy-meets-girl situation, plus you've been together for so long that chances of it being a fake relationships are pretty slim (either that, or that's some serious dedication!). So I'd say you can classify yours as 'straight-forward'.

2)
The forms ask that we demonstrate we intend to move to Canada. I'm not sure how to do this as I can't get a job without PR and am not going to rent or buy a place in Toronto without it either. I have shown evidence of me applying for jobs, asking my current employer for a transfer, proof of interviews with banks in Toronto and also estimates from removal firms. Is this enough or is something very specific required?
Tons of threads on this subject. Here's a thread from about 3 weeks ago. http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post11520935 Do a search and you'll find tons of posts about this topic.

3)
From this forum and talking to immigration lawyers it seems that people have got their PR within 4 months - is this for real or is it just some very fortunate people? I mean four to five months is pretty wow!
There is a spreadsheet linked in my signature that shows processing times. Yes, some have been as fast as 4 months. Average is about 7 months. Plan for the worst (roughly a year), hope for the best.

Hope that helps!
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

Ignore the London website - I paid mine on-line on Christmas Eve and the payment went through fine. I printed off the receipt and job done. The exchange rate was pretty good too!
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 4:16 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by dillisodhi
Ignore the London website - I paid mine on-line on Christmas Eve and the payment went through fine. I printed off the receipt and job done. The exchange rate was pretty good too!
Err... what? Not sure which post you're referring to here, it's a good idea to quote the post to which you're responding, particularly in this thread, which tends to move fairly quickly and can easily be 2-3 conversations going on simultaneously.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Err... what? Not sure which post you're referring to here, it's a good idea to quote the post to which you're responding, particularly in this thread, which tends to move fairly quickly and can easily be 2-3 conversations going on simultaneously.
Schnookololy, stop shouting at the newbie!!
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 4:30 pm
Concierge

Schnookololy, stop shouting at the newbie!!
Ack, was I shouting?! I was just saying I was confuzzled by which post he was referring to... and suggested quoting! (He also posted in the thread I linked offering me advice on getting in touch with people in Toronto and Oakville, even though we did HUsband's PR 3 years ago and moved well over a year ago, not to mention I grew up in Oakville, haha, but still happy that people are being friendly! Also a bit novelty to be treated like a newbie myself, hehe!)

Old Jan 22nd 2015, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Ack, was I shouting?! I was just saying I was confuzzled by which post he was referring to... and suggested quoting! (He also posted in the thread I linked offering me advice on getting in touch with people in Toronto and Oakville, even though we did HUsband's PR 3 years ago and moved well over a year ago, not to mention I grew up in Oakville, haha, but still happy that people are being friendly! Also a bit novelty to be treated like a newbie myself, hehe!)

Just checked it out! I love you Newbie, Newbie for President
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 5:12 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Going to chase up my application for the first stage approval... Is this the correct email address for enquirys? Found it in this forum but it seems to be for cancelling...;

[email protected]
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Going to chase up my application for the first stage approval... Is this the correct email address for enquirys? Found it in this forum but it seems to be for cancelling...;

[email protected]
I am not sure about the email but looking at the spreadsheet you're well within reason to drop an email i think.
Also little FYI just in case, the email we got with sponsor approval was sent to my spouses email, i never received one. Maybe check junk e-mail etc just on the off chance.
You cant sign in to check your status at CIC, right?
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 8:01 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure about the email but looking at the spreadsheet you're well within reason to drop an email i think.
Also little FYI just in case, the email we got with sponsor approval was sent to my spouses email, i never received one. Maybe check junk e-mail etc just on the off chance.
You cant sign in to check your status at CIC, right?
Hmm interesting I phoned her she said there was nothing but junk only stays in there for a certain time... Hopefully this is the case.

Also you are right, I can't check the status, I have an Application number from the "we have received your app form" but it wont let me sign in.

Last edited by cbrown89; Jan 22nd 2015 at 8:04 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.