Sponsor question form IMM5540E

Old Jan 3rd 2015, 6:25 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK
Posts: 13
FrenchieMama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsor question form IMM5540E

Hello,

I am currently filling in the 'Sponsor Question IMM5540E' form, and have run into some confusion.
Questions 11 ask's about living in Canada currently, I am not. I am currently in the UK. Fine.

It then ask's about when I plan to return to Canada, obviously I don't have a specific date as we need to be approved first. Which then leads in to the remaining parts of this particular question, about my work situation where I plan to work, if I have a job offer. Being in the UK and the fact we haven't even submitted the application, I don't have an answer to this.
Does anyone have a suggestion? Do I write a letter stating our plan, for living and work arrangements in the 'Give details of your plans' and 'Other'? Is it ok to leave the other information blank, as I do not have an answer?

Any advice is appreciated
FrenchieMama is offline  
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 2:06 pm
  #2  
Concierge
 
SchnookoLoly's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Posts: 8,320
SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsor question form IMM5540E

Detailed letter outlining your game plan is fine.

We were in a similar boat, living in the UK, and we were not going to start job hunting until PR was through, so we wrote exactly that. Something like:

"Husband works in Banking, so more than likely he will be working in the financial area of Toronto. Most banks will not consider candidates who do not have right to work, so we are going to start applying for jobs once PR has come through. We have been researching the financial job market in Toronto, and will be getting in touch with recruiters who specialize in the banking sector. We are looking at living in Oakville, since Schnooks has family there, and the commute to Toronto is easy. We have started looking at different parts of Oakville, and are currently considering the x area of Oakville. When we land we will live with Schnooks' parents in Oakville, while we search for a house to buy ourselves, saving the hassle of trying to sort accommodation from overseas."

We then also had my parents write a supporting letter saying that we'd be living with them and that our intention was to start house hunting once we both had sorted permanent jobs. It would also help us ensure we found a great house for us with no pressure on having to take the first thing just so that we could get settled and stop paying rent.

Hope that helps!
SchnookoLoly is offline  
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 3:48 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: London UK
Posts: 59
dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sponsor question form IMM5540E

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Detailed letter outlining your game plan is fine.

We were in a similar boat, living in the UK, and we were not going to start job hunting until PR was through, so we wrote exactly that. Something like:

"Husband works in Banking, so more than likely he will be working in the financial area of Toronto. Most banks will not consider candidates who do not have right to work, so we are going to start applying for jobs once PR has come through. We have been researching the financial job market in Toronto, and will be getting in touch with recruiters who specialize in the banking sector. We are looking at living in Oakville, since Schnooks has family there, and the commute to Toronto is easy. We have started looking at different parts of Oakville, and are currently considering the x area of Oakville. When we land we will live with Schnooks' parents in Oakville, while we search for a house to buy ourselves, saving the hassle of trying to sort accommodation from overseas."

We then also had my parents write a supporting letter saying that we'd be living with them and that our intention was to start house hunting once we both had sorted permanent jobs. It would also help us ensure we found a great house for us with no pressure on having to take the first thing just so that we could get settled and stop paying rent.

Hope that helps!
We need to get in touch - I'm also in Banking in London so looking at Banking jobs in Toronto. We are also going to (if all goes well) live in Oakville - Joshua Creek probably when we land but move in with the mum-in-law in Oakville whilst we find our feet.

Get in touch if you want as its useful to bounce things off someone in such a similar position. I've been in touch with many employers in Toronto and have some good feedback and connections...

Best
dillisodhi is offline  
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 4:15 am
  #4  
Concierge
 
SchnookoLoly's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Posts: 8,320
SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsor question form IMM5540E

Originally Posted by dillisodhi
We need to get in touch - I'm also in Banking in London so looking at Banking jobs in Toronto. We are also going to (if all goes well) live in Oakville - Joshua Creek probably when we land but move in with the mum-in-law in Oakville whilst we find our feet.

Get in touch if you want as its useful to bounce things off someone in such a similar position. I've been in touch with many employers in Toronto and have some good feedback and connections...

Best
We moved over a year ago, and both of us are working full-time now, so we are set... I was just providing the above as an example from when we applied for Husband's PR three years ago.
SchnookoLoly is offline  
Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:13 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
adfletch83's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2015
Location: Toronto, ON.
Posts: 76
adfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsor question form IMM5540E

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
We moved over a year ago, and both of us are working full-time now, so we are set... I was just providing the above as an example from when we applied for Husband's PR three years ago.
I know this is an old thread, so apologies. In our situation, my Canadian spouse has a contract job in Canada until March. My job is to end in December in the UK. We are hoping to put in the sponsorship application asap, but are seriously considering moving abroad so we can be together whilst the application is in process. Meaning that we hope to apply in Sept/Oct this year, but not move away until Feb/March. Would this be feasible/advisable?

I'll be applying outland through London VO which seems to have a high processing time!

Thanks
adfletch83 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.