Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

An apology to asylum seekers

An apology to asylum seekers

Old Jul 29th 2014, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An apology to asylum seekers

Originally Posted by Wol
You really don't understand what I'm getting at, do you?
Do you?
Old Jul 29th 2014, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
So if my rellies in Africa decided to rock up in Australia with a boat would they be entitled to asylum too?
That's quite ignornant.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 10:40 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
That's quite ignornant.
A poor answer that avoids the fact that there's very little difference between my rellies in Africa and most of the people turning up in boats who you want asylum granted to.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

A poor answer that avoids the fact that there's very little difference between my rellies in Africa and most of the people turning up in boats who you want asylum granted to.
No. If people have a genuine case for asylum, even if that's your relatives, they should be considered for processing should they get to Australia.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 2:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
You really don't understand what I'm getting at, do you?
I may be not getting what your on about, but the way I see it, the current objective is pretty simple. Lets halt or slow down the practice of people smuggling in rickety boats that ultimately lead to lots of death at sea. It's working ..... numbers have slowed .... and as a result less deaths.

What does make me laugh is that people will always claim this as an anti immigration, racist, policy. Really ..... Don't you think you may be jumping a little ahead here? Don't you think you are being a little paranoid here? Don't you think you may just be looking at any opportunity to jump on the liberal govt here? Yes to all.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

No. If people have a genuine case for asylum, even if that's your relatives, they should be considered for processing should they get to Australia.
But they would be considered for processing, if they were to get to Australia.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beoz
I may be not getting what your on about, but the way I see it, the current objective is pretty simple. Lets halt or slow down the practice of people smuggling in rickety boats that ultimately lead to lots of death at sea. It's working ..... numbers have slowed .... and as a result less deaths.

What does make me laugh is that people will always claim this as an anti immigration, racist, policy. Really ..... Don't you think you may be jumping a little ahead here? Don't you think you are being a little paranoid here? Don't you think you may just be looking at any opportunity to jump on the liberal govt here? Yes to all.
That's not true and also quite ignorant. The federal government are stripping away rights to asylum seekers, including those who have settled in Australia. This is not simply about putting a ship on the water to turn boats back (boats that are still coming might I add) but the obvious disregard they have for all asylum seekers. How exactly can we have a fair policy when we have a government that does not care about these people? Let's face it, we're not going to agree on this. But open your eyes a little.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

But they would be considered for processing, if they were to get to Australia.
I think you're showing your lack of insight now. Boat, plane, parachute, people in need should be helped where possible. Sending boats back does the opposite.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 3:18 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

That's not true and also quite ignorant. The federal government are stripping away rights to asylum seekers, including those who have settled in Australia. This is not simply about putting a ship on the water to turn boats back (boats that are still coming might I add) but the obvious disregard they have for all asylum seekers. How exactly can we have a fair policy when we have a government that does not care about these people? Let's face it, we're not going to agree on this. But open your eyes a little.
I suggest you open your eyes a little. Enforcing no advantage to people who arrive by boat results in less people trying = less deaths at sea.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

I suggest you open your eyes a little. Enforcing no advantage to people who arrive by boat results in less people trying = less deaths at sea.
How many less boats since this government?
Old Jul 30th 2014, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think you're showing your lack of insight now. Boat, plane, parachute, people in need should be helped where possible. Sending boats back does the opposite.
Rubbish ...... My insight is crystal clear. Take for example the last boat. It had a bunch of Indians on board who were promptly returned to India. The boat left India with what is believed to be some Tamils on board. India is closer to Sri Lanka. The Tamils were in India - away from troubles in their homeland. Why did they seek the need to get to Australia? Opportunism?

You are being ignorant to the fact that false Asylum seeking is out there and by making it difficult to easily passing from one country to the next until you find the land of opportunity, you discourage false economic migration.

Yes there are cases of honest asylum seeking, no doubt, but there are many cases of false asylum seeking and Australia does its piece in helping the "World" community in accommodating honest asylum seeking.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 10:35 am
Banned

How many less boats since this government?
We don't know, but I'll bet it's far less than during the same period of time before the previous government were given the boot.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Rubbish ...... My insight is crystal clear. Take for example the last boat. It had a bunch of Indians on board who were promptly returned to India. The boat left India with what is believed to be some Tamils on board. India is closer to Sri Lanka. The Tamils were in India - away from troubles in their homeland. Why did they seek the need to get to Australia? Opportunism?
Actually the last boat wasn't sent back. It was left hanging around in the middle of the ocean for weeks while the government refused to acknowledge it even existed and has now arrived in WA were they are being held after a hasty backdown by Morrison.
Old Jul 31st 2014, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
Actually the last boat wasn't sent back. It was left hanging around in the middle of the ocean for weeks while the government refused to acknowledge it even existed and has now arrived in WA were they are being held after a hasty backdown by Morrison.
Where did I say the boat was sent back? I think you know very well there was a lot more to do with it than that and it was certainly acknowledged. Deal brokering with India and the like.
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

You are being ignorant to the fact that false Asylum seeking is out there and by making it difficult to easily passing from one country to the next until you find the land of opportunity, you discourage false economic migration.

Yes there are cases of honest asylum seeking, no doubt, but there are many cases of false asylum seeking and Australia does its piece in helping the "World" community in accommodating honest asylum seeking.
There is a process in place to judge who is real or not. Not something that you can determine without hearing the appeal.

Have already stated India is not a signatory to the UNHCR Agreement. Not a question of passing one country to the next in that case.

Of course as you people seek a better life. Doesn't make them in need of asylum but doesn't exclude either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.