Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What's your favourite American chain restaurant ??

Wikiposts

What's your favourite American chain restaurant ??

Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:12 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your favourite American chain restaurant ??

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
have you bin here long?

I guess I just take it as it comes...actually I read something very interesting a while ago...about the Welsh who moved to and help build America.......apparently tons more Welsh moved here than Irish but we all just succumbed to our new world...eagerness to forget the old? or just adaption? anyway apparently the Irish steadfastly wanted to stick together hence we have a definite Irish theme in certain American cities....did we forget the Welsh or did they just adapt better...I'd say the latter

p.s try peanut butter on sliced banana topped with raisins....yum
Hey my mum's family was from Italy they assimilated so well that she can only say italian insults and i thought pasta sauce was heinz tomato soup when growing up
Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:15 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cutina
boo peanut allergy boo
i'll never fit in here
don't worry hon..now you've been "hooked"you'll acrue about 3000 B.E posts per month if that doesn't get you with the "in crowd" I don't know what does

and yes i really do live in virtual reality

Last edited by Celtic_Angel; Jan 19th 2006 at 4:17 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:17 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

have you bin here long?

I guess I just take it as it comes...actually I read something very interesting a while ago...about the Welsh who moved to and help build America.......apparently tons more Welsh moved here than Irish but we all just succumbed to our new world...eagerness to forget the old? or just adaption? anyway apparently the Irish steadfastly wanted to stick together hence we have a definite Irish theme in certain American cities....did we forget the Welsh or did they just adapt better...I'd say the latter

I've only been here for 15 months. I've lived in other parts of the States before this though (Texas, Oklahoma & Kansas). I don't like the sound of peanut butter & banana (although I hear Elvis was a fan!), although it does sound better than PB & J!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:22 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I've only been here for 15 months. I've lived in other parts of the States before this though (Texas, Oklahoma & Kansas). I don't like the sound of peanut butter & banana (although I hear Elvis was a fan!), although it does sound better than PB & J!
try it...I double dog dare ya
Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:27 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

try it...I double dog dare ya
hahaha, I never would have known that phrase, except that hubby insisted that I watch the movie this last Christmas. I thought it was pretty funny!

Still not gonna try it!!!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I guess I just take it as it comes...actually I read something very interesting a while ago...about the Welsh who moved to and help build America.......apparently tons more Welsh moved here than Irish but we all just succumbed to our new world...eagerness to forget the old?
and who can blame them? I went to Wales once and I'm still trying to forget the experience

anyway apparently the Irish steadfastly wanted to stick together hence we have a definite Irish theme in certain American cities....did we forget the Welsh or did they just adapt better...I'd say the latter
The irish brought a definitive culture with them, unfortunately not many sheep in the "New World" for the Welsh to make their mark.

and if you don't have any peanut butter just liquidise some old scraps of wood and add some "3 in 1" oil for a suspiciously similar tasting concoction.

(bet you haven't missed me now )
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:41 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember seeing Fish & Chips on the menu, but then again it was early morning, maybe it was just a breakfast menu I was looking at.

We go to Cracker Barrel every Friday night and my DH thinks the Fish and Chips are pretty decent.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:47 pm
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
We go to Cracker Barrel every Friday night and my DH thinks the Fish and Chips are pretty decent.

I agree with that too. My other fav places are Macaroni Grill and Greenhills Grille.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:25 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you, I also think it's weird that they will have pancakes & meat on the same plate, I don't want my sweets touching my savory food, I don't even like using the same cutlery, I have to wipe it off!
I'll never forget our first full day here in the US. My OH's boss took us out to brunch to welcome us to the country. I couldn't believe how many 300+lb people there were, all loading up their plates with bacon, sausage, omlette, grits, slice of cake, doughnuts, maybe a strawberry to be healthy, then covering the whole lot in maple syrup
My jaw was dragging along the ground the entire time we were there.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Check to see if you have one of these in your area. http://www.pbloco.com/index.asp They just opened one here in the valley, but some of the PB sounds disgusting. I still don't get the whole PB and jam or infact any PB product thats not on a cracker or bread.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 1:52 am
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
I'll never forget our first full day here in the US. My OH's boss took us out to brunch to welcome us to the country. I couldn't believe how many 300+lb people there were, all loading up their plates with bacon, sausage, omlette, grits, slice of cake, doughnuts, maybe a strawberry to be healthy, then covering the whole lot in maple syrup
My jaw was dragging along the ground the entire time we were there.
Oh yes you do see a lot of that and I am sorry but I cannot help myself from staring at them and their enormous plates of food, piled high.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:02 am
Back Again

Originally Posted by rushman
and who can blame them? I went to Wales once and I'm still trying to forget the experience

The irish brought a definitive culture with them,
woke up hungover Sunday morning in a field with your pants down and a handful of wool did ya?

And actually the article pretty much said the Irish stuck together cos they were poor unskilled and and nobody else like them ....kind of a turn around now seeing as most American's pride themselves on their Irish heritage
Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:23 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember seeing Fish & Chips on the menu, but then again it was early morning, maybe it was just a breakfast menu I was looking at.
I think it is only server on a Friday. I hate all US breakfasts not a patch on a full UK one so don't everyone rate it just on breakfast. I had the pork shop with apple butter or apple sauce and mashed pots and the lemonade is the BEST (it is free refills even if your server doesn't think so when they ask their manager I get an apology ) I do miss is here in the northwest
Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

woke up hungover Sunday morning in a field with your pants down and a handful of wool did ya?

And actually the article pretty much said the Irish stuck together cos they were poor unskilled and and nobody else like them ....kind of a turn around now seeing as most American's pride themselves on their Irish heritage

There is nothing more annoying than an American whose Ancestors (five or six Generations ago) came over to the USA on a boat from Ireland.....and listen to them try and put on an Irish Accent as if it is their own normal way of speaking!

Genuine Irish people find it most annoying. If they have Irish Heritage, that's one thing......just don't put on a phoney accent to go along with it.

One should visit Milwaukee's Irish Fest (the largest Irish Festival in North America), which is held the 3rd weekend of August. Great music, lots of beer and lots of things to do, but, it attracts thousands of idiots speaking as if they have just gotten off a flight from Dublin

http://www.irishfest.com (In Case You're Interested).

Jim.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 3:08 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Its been a while...but I believe it was fish friday only! they must put out a special menu just for friday evenings....or prehaps it was a texas thing not a nationwide deal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.