Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Old May 18th 2005, 6:27 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Originally Posted by SBG&DHY
However, if you reside in this country, and you are NOT a USC, but see fit to use what ever reasources that this country provides to you, NO, you DO not have a say in it.
but we do................................
we have the right, and we do utilize it.
we write articles,
letters to editors,
write here,
write blogs,
write books,
Although I cannot vote, I am a member of the Democratic party
I canvas for votes for others

they is plenty to say
Old May 18th 2005, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

If you are A) A USC B) you can vote C) it's your duty to vote to change the way things are being run and done.

However, if you reside in this country, and you are NOT a USC, but see fit to use what ever reasources that this country provides to you, NO, you DO not have a say in it.

Proactive-not reactive.
OK, that's the stupidest thing you've said.

I PAY my TAXES to the US GOVERNMENT. The US Goverment gives me nothing, I don't use US resources that it provides for free (I PAY FOR EVERYTHING), I don't expect any help from the government, but what I do expect is that they'll spend the money I give them in taxes responsibly and wisely.

I wish ignorance would hurt.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

SBG&DHY is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by snowbunny
You don't make logical sense. You first say that non-USC residents, who cannot vote, but do make purchases and pay taxes, cannot have a say in US policy; but then you say you don't respect people unless they actively try to change things.

So there is no way a non-USC resident could possibly please you.
Okay..........well.........let me clarify.....because you just made a good point. If this country is capturing Taxes, whether that be Federal, or State, and you're helping with the GNP or US economy, you should be heard. But the question I have.....is to what point?

If you're not a citizen, how is it fair that you can say what you want, get your way, and if you don't like it, just up and leave. We (natural born and natrualized) Americans' don't have that luxury. This is my HOME.
So if you're helping out, and say, buying food in my house, and even helping paying the utility bills.......do you think that you should have an ultimate say in how or what I do with my home? Do you? When ultimately, you can just up and leave my home? And not think twice? Is that REALLY fair?
Old May 18th 2005, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I bet this guy has no job and claims welfare from the state.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
OK, that's the stupidest thing you've said.

I PAY my TAXES to the US GOVERNMENT. The US Goverment gives me nothing, I don't use US resources that it provides for free (I PAY FOR EVERYTHING), I don't expect any help from the government, but what I do expect is that they'll spend the money I give them in taxes responsibly and wisely.

I wish ignorance would hurt.
I'll leave you guys to it,good luck.You'll need it!!
Skin thicker than a rhino this old Marine.......... ignorance is bliss.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

I bet this guy has no job and claims welfare from the state.

You'd be wrong. Keep trying mate.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Manc
but we do................................
we have the right, and we do utilize it.
we write articles,
letters to editors,
write here,
write blogs,
write books,
Although I cannot vote, I am a member of the Democratic party
I canvas for votes for others

they is plenty to say
And for this I commend you.....you're doing more than most!
Old May 18th 2005, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

funny that you say that. I've apologized, more than once. With respect to ALL the British (excluding ONE person LOL). Please hit the back button, you'll see where I did.
Your apology is like that of a 5 yer old child who thinks that 'sorry' will excuse him from hitting his friend a second time. You may have said sorry, but then you've returned to spew more illogical nonsense about the shortcomings of non-US citizens (aka - everyone on this board!). So I repeat, in a firm one, get back to the naughty chair and think about what you've done.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:35 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

And for this I commend you.....you're doing more than most!
well
I ain't wrote a book yet.........
Old May 18th 2005, 6:36 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

So if you're helping out, and say, buying food in my house, and even helping paying the utility bills.......do you think that you should have an ultimate say in how or what I do with my home? Do you? When ultimately, you can just up and leave my home? And not think twice? Is that REALLY fair?
Ah, but the problem is not caused by the actions of non-USC residents. The problem is that the ballot box doesn't work any longer. We no longer control the government through votes; he with the most money wins. We have therefore given the whole WORLD, especially the Asian and Arab countries, a HUGE say in our lives, without them having to live here, by accepting loans from them that put us deeply into their debt.

That's where things are screwed up. If the ballot box worked, as it was supposed to do -- one person, one vote -- then non-USC residents cannot vote, and in theory would not influence the government. The reality is that money is what counts.

Non-USC residents actually have a vested interest in keeping America sane and safe: they LIVE here and until the minute they could return home, they are not going to want something that is bad for the place in which they live. Even then I shudder at the thought of non-USC people who return "home" only to be tortured because they "sold out" and at one point lived in America. They may pay a high price indeed for living here.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you're not a citizen, how is it fair that you can say what you want, get your way, and if you don't like it, just up and leave. We (natural born and natrualized) Americans' don't have that luxury. This is my HOME.
OMFG are you really for real, cause you sure sound like a troll.

We complain about things that would make the US better for everyone, which in your analogy would be like recommending you get smoke alarms in your house.

We're not trying to get a UK citizen into the Presidency, or pushing for Cadbury's chocolates to be distributed to school children.

WE ARE TRYING TO HELP EVERYONE.

YOU ARE SO DUMB, IT'S HURTING MY HEAD JUST TRYING TO COMPREHEND HOW STUPID YOU ARE.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:38 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cupranod
And to think Burberry used to be such an exclusive brand.........a bit downmarket now!!
aye, reason why they stopped making caps....hasn't worked though...*lol*
Old May 18th 2005, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

OMFG are you really for real, cause you sure sound like a troll.

We complain about things that would make the US better for everyone, which in your analogy would be like recommending you get smoke alarms in your house.

We're not trying to get a UK citizen into the Presidency, or pushing for Cadbury's chocolates to be distributed to school children.

WE ARE TRYING TO HELP EVERYONE.

YOU ARE SO DUMB, IT'S HURTING MY HEAD JUST TRYING TO COMPREHEND HOW STUPID YOU ARE.
) Love it...
Old May 18th 2005, 6:39 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Look guys, this thread is all very fascinating, but could you divert your attention for just a moment and tell me how I can get to talk to a real USCIS person and get some info on our missing receipts?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...31#post2397531

Please!?

Old May 18th 2005, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

If you are A) A USC B) you can vote C) it's your duty to vote to change the way things are being run and done.

Proactive-not reactive.

I'm not going to go into my resume, but I assure you I'm no young'n. I do want to express what they want to, however.......I'd rather people put that energy into actually CHANGING something. People who would prefer 'arm chair politics' I really and truely do not respect. Why should I? It's the Do'ers not the Say'ers that get things done.
But surely you need people in this country that can express different views as its through healthy debate that we all learn. Dont you agree that we should keep our minds open otherwise no one grows, what your saying means that everyone stays in a vacuum. That is why the most interesting conversations to be had are with people that have travelled and opened their minds to different ways of life. Can you not see how narrow your argument is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.