Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Wikiposts

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Old May 17th 2005, 6:02 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

His profile says he started replying @ 10:46. So either we're in for a treat or he broke off for a quick wank. :scared:
Old May 17th 2005, 6:08 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
His profile says he started replying @ 10:46. So either we're in for a treat or he broke off for a quick wank. :scared:
LMFAO

You crack me up!

But then, I am pissed
Old May 17th 2005, 6:20 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the MuddyPine jury is still out on the attorneyish posts, but the one-liner is worth mucho karma (when I've met my generosity criteria)....

BTW, I do have to berate you for fraudulent use of the word 'quick'.
Old May 17th 2005, 6:25 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Well, the MuddyPine jury is still out on the attorneyish posts, but the one-liner is worth mucho karma (when I've met my generosity criteria)....

BTW, I do have to berate you for fraudulent use of the word 'quick'.

Maybe he has erection difficulties? AFAIK, Yanks do it quick coz it's sinful and they don't want to get caught. Sorta Puritan guilt complex, if you get my drift.
Old May 17th 2005, 6:32 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he has erection difficulties? AFAIK, Yanks do it quick coz it's sinful and they don't want to get caught. Sorta Puritan guilt complex, if you get my drift.
50 mins... quick?

I think he may have nodded off. Or his keyboard got so sticky the keys didn't work
Old May 17th 2005, 6:34 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Or his keyboard got so sticky the keys didn't work
:scared: :scared:
Old May 17th 2005, 6:35 pm
Septicity

**** him! I'm going to bed. Sweet dreams o' drunk one.
Old May 17th 2005, 6:37 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

**** him! I'm going to bed. Sweet dreams o' drunk one.
Sweet dreams yourself

You should venture into the lounge more. They'd love you

Sleep tight!
Old May 17th 2005, 11:15 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by SBG&DHY
Some of you think that deep down inside, Americans are really superficial, non-aware, and completely selfish pricks.
Yes we do.

Well, I think you just described 3/4 of the worlds 'civilized' poplulation.
I guess you've not spent much time in europe.

Rude? You're in The United States of America. Where the person with the largest SUV, House, Fence, Pay Check, and Breast Implants WINS.
Eg, Rude, superficial and non-aware.

You knew that before you came here, and now you're venting about how rude we are.
Yes we did and yes we are. Is this a problem?

And for the record, between you and me, I think us Americans are more emotionally available than the British. EXCLUDING my Girlfriend, Bless her.
Emotionally unstable I'd think is more apt. And with that kind of condescension do you think she'll be your girlfriend for long?

Funny thing is I have found that my posh little British accent is absolutely marvelous as - as you Americans would say - a chick magnet.

One other question: Would you describe yourself as a typical or non-typical American?

Have a nice day, y'all

Last edited by ImHere; May 17th 2005 at 11:37 pm.

Old May 18th 2005, 12:15 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

...little one...Daddy...trying to be a prick...Sod off...What Eva!!...Go boil some fish.

...Fer F***s Sakes!!...Cheers.
It's the typed equivalent of Dick Van Dyke's mockney accent, with a side order of condescention and some father-figure issues thrown in for good measure.

You may feel superior enough to be my daddy, but with an attitude like that you won't be siring offspring of your own any time soon.
Old May 18th 2005, 12:50 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Well, considering I was born and raised in the United States, I've heard it all. I think....
After reading a few of your responses, I've decided to join the fun. America. Isn't it grand? I think so. And obviously, if you're living in this country, so do you.
Some of you think that deep down inside, Americans are really superficial, non-aware, and completely selfish pricks. Well, I think you just described 3/4 of the worlds 'civilized' poplulation. The problem I see it as, is a communication issue. Yes, you speak English, the way YOU speak English. Last time I checked, it was neither right or wrong. However, that having been said, there's a lot of kids out there (american) who's spelling and grammer is, well, let's just say....not 'quite' there....LOL....But regardless. Realize that even though this is the largest melting pot in the free world, and you've decided to join us, that sometimes us 'lessor folk Americans' need a little help understanding exactly what just came out of your little posh mouth.
Rude? You're in The United States of America. Where the person with the largest SUV, House, Fence, Pay Check, and Breast Implants WINS.
You knew that before you came here, and now you're venting about how rude we are.
Amercians have a 'generalized' image of how the British are. Arrogant and Snide, and generally contemptuous towards US Americans.
And as most of you have confirmed, the British seem to look down upon us, as if we're just lessor folk. Simple folk. Isn't that just 'cute as a button?'. LOL

Right. We'll my nice British Expats, WELCOME to America. Adapt and OVER COME. <<snip>>
Questions to the poster above: how long did you live in the UK? In fact, prior to meeting your British girlfriend, had you ever been outside North America?

Brits or many other nationals living in the US are justified in making critical comments about the US because they have lived overseas prior to living in the US, thus are able to make solid cultural comparisons.

NC Penguin
Old May 18th 2005, 12:54 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Questions to the poster above: how long did you live in the UK? In fact, prior to meeting your British girlfriend, had you ever been outside North America?

Brits or many other nationals living in the US are justified in making critical comments about the US because they have lived overseas prior to living in the US, thus are able to make solid cultural comparisons.

NC Penguin

whom are the other 1/4 of the civilised world?
Old May 18th 2005, 1:03 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Well, considering I was born and raised in the United States, I've heard it all. I think....
You take them out of trees ..put trousers on them ..and then they give you that speech... Madec me laugh anyway ..well done ...
Old May 18th 2005, 1:08 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Seriously...

I know you had a point. You just didn't make it very well

]No-one here was talking about Americans in general either. However, most of us are here because we love someone enough to give up our lives, homes, friends, families and everything we know and love to be with them. Not because we think America is the greatest thing since sliced bread

Please bear with us while we rant about the things that piss us off.

Thank you for your forbearance
Well said Wintersong!!! that's it in a nutshell
Old May 18th 2005, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

SBG&DHY is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Originally Posted by ImHere
Yes we do.

I guess you've not spent much time in europe.

Eg, Rude, superficial and non-aware.

Yes we did and yes we are. Is this a problem?

Emotionally unstable I'd think is more apt. And with that kind of condescension do you think she'll be your girlfriend for long?

Funny thing is I have found that my posh little British accent is absolutely marvelous as - as you Americans would say - a chick magnet.

One other question: Would you describe yourself as a typical or non-typical American?

Have a nice day, y'all

Non typical American, thus one of the reasons my SBG is attracted to me.
No, I've never been outside the US as a civilian. Only when I was in the Marines. Which depending on the person, could be well received, or quite the contrary. Yes, American's just love the British accent. (I do).

What amuses me, is that I make ONE response, and NOBODY really sees the point I was trying to make. Point being? EXACTLY. Most of you are being too predictable.
If most people think what MOST people think about us Americans, than go ****ING HOME. This is exactly what WE, AMERICANS, not USC'S think about people from other countries. You mock us, you think we're not as intelligent, you turn your nose down on us, and see fit to make us the brunt of your little jokes. YET, you see fit to use AMERICAN made products, to vacation over here (holiday), to start your business over here, to utilize all the benifits of My Country---HOW DARE YOU! If it weren't for AMERICANS this world would be where exactly? Where would Britian be with out America's help? Where would most of the world be?

Our we GOD'S GIFT to the world? Hell no. Do we have all the answers? No. Have the US's 'powers that be' cause problems due to their own personal agenda? Absolutely.

Last I checked, the All Mighty United Kingdom has been guilty of the exact same thing.

What am I saying? You're in the United States, for what ever your reason. So, please, Pretty ****ing Please, Respect us. Don't generalize. And if you wake up everyday with contempt for our beloved country.......go back to where you came from. We won't miss you and I'm 100% positive the little US of A will do fine with out your misreable presence.

So, I guess at this point, I'll just sit back and wait for more of your 'quality' comments.

Last edited by SBG&DHY; May 18th 2005 at 1:59 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.