Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Wikiposts

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Old May 18th 2005, 2:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Originally Posted by SBG&DHY
If it weren't for AMERICANS this world would be where exactly? Where would Britian be with out America's help? Where would most of the world be?

And if you wake up everyday with contempt for our beloved country.......go back to where you came from.
I thought you had an [almost] valid point unitl you came out with this drivel. You're getting too worked up and being distracted by other's comments'.

Last edited by anotherlimey; May 18th 2005 at 2:07 am.
Old May 18th 2005, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

SBG&DHY is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I thought you had an [almost] valid point unitl you came out with this drivel. You're getting too worked up and being distracted by others comments.
You'd feel the same if you felt 'pissed on'. It's a defensive response. But even that had a valid point, I really am not trying to be a prick......
Old May 18th 2005, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

You'd feel the same if you felt 'pissed on'. It's a defensive response. But even that had a valid point, I really am not trying to be a prick......
Saying something like "Where would Britain be without America?" or "You'd all be speaking German if it wasn't for us" on a forum for Brits is going to get you labelled as a troll.

I got your original point, but the part I don't agree with is that 3/4 of the civilised world is like that.
Old May 18th 2005, 2:10 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

<<snip>> What amuses me, is that I make ONE response, and NOBODY really sees the point I was trying to make. Point being? EXACTLY. Most of you are being too predictable.
If most people think what MOST people think about us Americans, than go ****ING HOME. This is exactly what WE, AMERICANS, not USC'S think about people from other countries. You mock us, you think we're not as intelligent, you turn your nose down on us, and see fit to make us the brunt of your little jokes. YET, you see fit to use AMERICAN made products, to vacation over here (holiday), to start your business over here, to utilize all the benifits of My Country---HOW DARE YOU! If it weren't for AMERICANS this world would be where exactly? Where would Britian be with out America's help? Where would most of the world be?

Our we GOD'S GIFT to the world? Hell no. Do we have all the answers? No. Have the US's 'powers that be' cause problems due to their own personal agenda? Absolutely.

Last I checked, the All Mighty United Kingdom has been guilty of the exact same thing.

What am I saying? You're in the United States, for what ever your reason. So, please, Pretty ****ing Please, Respect us. Don't generalize. And if you wake up everyday with contempt for our beloved country.......go back to where you came from. We won't miss you and I'm 100% positive the little US of A will do fine with out your misreable presence.

So, I guess at this point, I'll just sit back and wait for more of your 'quality' comments.
I'll respect an American who'll respect my personal views. The US is proud of its freedom of speech so I would hope this extends to criticisms about its people, its government, etc.

Or does the freedom of speech only apply to those who are pro-American?

NC Penguin
Old May 18th 2005, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I'll respect an American who'll respect my personal views. The US is proud of its freedom of speech so I would hope this extends to criticisms about its people, its government, etc.

Or does the freedom of speech only apply to those who are pro-American?

NC Penguin
That's childish. "Only if you do, then I'll do". To get Respect, you must first GIVE Respect. That's the sign of a bigger person.

So, I guess I'll start. I'm sorry if I've offended you or anyone else here in this forum. I'm upset because I feel like if you're living under my roof, you should show more respect, and not be so quick to judge. Freedom of speech, is a Right. However, it's abused all to often. But either way, I apologize.
Old May 18th 2005, 2:26 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

SBG&DHY: You do have some valid points. For me, the presentation was a little less than optimal.
Old May 18th 2005, 2:28 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm upset because I feel like if you're living under my roof, you should show more respect, and not be so quick to judge.
we're paying quite a hefty amount of tax to your federal government as rent for living under your roof.

and if the plumbing is *****ed or the roof leaks, tenants tend to shout at the landlords quite loudly.
Old May 18th 2005, 2:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's childish. "Only if you do, then I'll do". To get Respect, you must first GIVE Respect. That's the sign of a bigger person.

So, I guess I'll start. I'm sorry if I've offended you or anyone else here in this forum. I'm upset because I feel like if you're living under my roof, you should show more respect, and not be so quick to judge. Freedom of speech, is a Right. However, it's abused all to often. But either way, I apologize.
That's the attitude of many Americans (USA that is) - you're living here so put up and shut up.

If you lived in Britain, be my guest and insult the NHS/government/police force/etc as much as you like, everyone - even non UK citizens - are entitled to their opinion.

EDIT: and as Manc says, we pay our fair share of taxes too.
Old May 18th 2005, 2:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

And for the record, between you and me, I think us Americans are more emotionally available than the British. EXCLUDING my Girlfriend, Bless her.

Welcome to America, and watch your step coming in.

Later peeps.
Well isn't your girlfriend just the luckiest thing in the world....to have found YOU as the perfect guy. Prat comes to mind, along with a few other choice words.

Now, I'm American and I've lived in the UK for a few years and then moved back to this backwards country that I grew up in. What an eye opener. You should give it a try....you might understand what you are talking about.

In saying this, I should add that ignorance and rudeness happens everywhere!! Its not exclusively here. I've been treated rudely in the UK, and I've been treated rudely here. People are generally the same anywhere, everywhere....if they smell an opportunity to act like a tosser, then it surfaces magically. Which brings us full circle back to the poster I'm directing my reply to.
Old May 18th 2005, 2:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Where would Britian be with out America's help? Where would most of the world be?
Germany declared war on the USA.
we didn't ask for your help.

p.s. the war started in 1939

Last edited by Manc; May 18th 2005 at 2:45 am.
Old May 18th 2005, 2:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong

Anyone?
I missed the intro and came in later on....and of course jumped in (in my typical fashion, thanks Fatbrit! ) but I'll take the popcorn anyway.
Old May 18th 2005, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

I have been following this thread and all I can say it that SBG&DHY has said some of the rudest things about me as a UK citizen since I moved here.

Talk about us expats generalising
Forum Regular

Oh good God. I don't think this girl is helping out with 'America's Image'.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting
Lost in BE Cyberspace

go back to where you came from. We won't miss you and I'm 100% positive the little US of A will do fine with out your misreable presence.

So, I guess at this point, I'll just sit back and wait for more of your 'quality' comments.
Surely you could go back to the rock you crawled out from underneath..... I'm thinking prat is too nice a word for you. Moron, has a good ring to it.
Old May 18th 2005, 2:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This country, was founded by immigrants, perhaps you didn't get that far in your history lessons. What makes you think that this country is so damn great that its "our country and my roof" Do you support the whole country? And as Manc says, we all pay our taxes....what gives you the right to offload your opinion that its "your roof" Quit being so damn ignorant!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.