Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Wikiposts

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Old May 18th 2005, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

SBG&DHY is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Well done, could you inform the Chicago tourist council of 1.

2 and 3 are a bit short on information.
Will do. What the address and to whom do I address?

Soccor/Football, and really, what more do you want me to say. I don't care for the sport myself.

And because they do. Over the years they've aquired more and more padding, and more and more $$$. Go figure. Babies.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:47 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

I knew I shouldn't have gone to bed.

Darn well missed all the fun again
Old May 18th 2005, 4:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SBG&DHY
Will do. What the address and to whom do I address?

Soccor/Football, and really, what more do you want me to say. I don't care for the sport myself.

And because they do. Over the years they've aquired more and more padding, and more and more $$$. Go figure. Babies.
Mmmm I wish I was paid millions to stand in body armour and get rugby tackled by some 300lb fat bastard.

But perhaps getting millions to kick a ball around and cry when I get 'tackled' is more appealing.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

SBG&DHY is on a distinguished road

Mmmm I wish I was paid millions to stand in body armour and get rugby tackled by some 300lb fat bastard.

But perhaps getting millions to kick a ball around and cry when I get 'tackled' is more appealing.

The money really does make it better, now doesn't it? After all (I just said this to someone) "you can't cash a check of 'pride', now can you?"
Old May 18th 2005, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

Brainwashing in the forces still works I see. Mr U.S Marine Corps,open your mind to the world because there is one outside your shores.

From first hand experience I have never felt the U.S and UK Forces have worked particularly well together,there are some vastly differing ways of dealing with things between the two.
This is not a slur on either of the well trained and professional set of Forces(the US have some excellent Military Units) but there really are some fundamental differences.
You're exhibiting some of those differences.

Last edited by cupranod; May 18th 2005 at 5:06 am.
Old May 18th 2005, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cupranod
brainwashing in the forces still works I see. Mr U.S Marine Corps,open your mind to the world because there is one outside your shores.

From first hand experience I have never felt the U.S and UK Forces have worked particularly well together,there are some vastly differing ways of dealing with things between the two.
This is not a slur on either of the well trained and professional set of Forces(the US have some excellent Military Units) but there really are some fundamental differences.
You're exhibiting some of those differences.
For one thing, you wouldn't catch the USMC doing this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4554083.stm
Old May 18th 2005, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
I knew I shouldn't have gone to bed.

Darn well missed all the fun again
I have several screaming kids and their moms arriving in just under an hour and I'm still in my nightie...
Old May 18th 2005, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

fabulous..
Old May 18th 2005, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

Good to see the lads letting of steam and having a laugh.The Sergeant who stars in the 'production' reckons that they may get asked to air it for Comic Relief next time round.
He did say however that there was "some important soldiering to be done first".
Good to see the humour and professionalism,morale will be much higher thanks to these lads.
Old May 18th 2005, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

He was aware that the MoD computer system had crashed but said: "I didn't get into trouble. "I was told it had done no harm and that everyone - the lads and everyone else - had loved it."

I love it. In the US the Pentagon would have shut down for a month as the FBI swooped to arrest a dozen suspicious looking arabs.

For some reason, it reminds me of the Italian court case in which an office worker had been fired for leaving work 15 times in a day to go get espresso. The court unanimously found him innocent, stating that it was inhumane to expect any man to not go out for espresso!

There're major differences between us, Mr. Irate Marine. It's a European thing, you wouldn't understand.
Old May 18th 2005, 5:12 am
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Way to go, y'all!!!! This thread is so revealing

Shall we Brits be really patronising now and say that America is a young country, like an adolescent, compared to Britain and Europe which are more akin to fully mature adults - I refer to the countries as entities, not the inhabitants, you understand. If this is accepted, then we should not be surprised at what we find here and what we criticize. The problem is mainly that Americans are such good PR men and we've tended to believe what we've gathered from films etc. throughout our lives. It's only when we actually live here that we find the true situation, i.e. that much of the country is backward compared to Britain and Europe. Attitudes are less enlightened, minds are more closed.

I do not agree with patriotism in general, it causes nothing but trouble in the world - like religious fanaticism- but I'd just like to remind everyone what a tiny country Britain is when compared to the US - and look what we have accomplished. Look at the great men and women who hail from tiny Brtian's shores. I am proud to be British. I will try to make allowances for our American cousins, but at times things piss me off badly and I defend my right to complain.

Stepping down from soapbox.
Old May 18th 2005, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cupranod
Good to see the lads letting of steam and having a laugh.The Sergeant who stars in the 'production' reckons that they may get asked to air it for Comic Relief next time round.
He did say however that there was "some important soldiering to be done first".
Good to see the humour and professionalism,morale will be much higher thanks to these lads.
Did you see the whole video? It had me in hysterics.
Old May 18th 2005, 5:19 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Better than Britney huh?
Old May 18th 2005, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

For those of you who missed the fun, here's the link:

http://www.vidahost.com/armadillo.wmv
Old May 18th 2005, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dimsie
Shall we Brits be really patronising now...
Why not? We're so good at it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.