Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

USCIS sent receipts but not received

USCIS sent receipts but not received

Old May 18th 2005, 4:52 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Question USCIS sent receipts but not received

Our family filed employment based I-485s (+ AP + EAD) at the end of March. We received notices to go for fingerprinting (which we complied with), but have not received any receipts for our petitions, even though the online status reports show that all 8 petitions were received, and that receipts were mailed.

Current online status shows that processing has resumed on the I-485s following receipt of our fingerprints last month, and that my I-131 (AP) was approved 2 weeks ago. Again, it says that a receipt was mailed that day, but I have not received it.

Online status further shows that my I-765 (EAD) was approved yesterday, but I am concerned that this approval notice will not get to me either.

I have just spent 20 minutes trying to find a way of talking to someone at USCIS, but it seems impossible without a receipt number, and their telephone system does not recognize any of the receipt numbers we have!

Can someone shed any light on this, i.e. what might be going on here? or, failing that, DAK how to navigate the National Customer Service Centre 'helpline' to speak to a real person - or is there another number I could call?

TIA for any help!
Old May 18th 2005, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USCIS sent receipts but not received

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
Our family filed employment based I-485s (+ AP + EAD) at the end of March. We received notices to go for fingerprinting (which we complied with), but have not received any receipts for our petitions, even though the online status reports show that all 8 petitions were received, and that receipts were mailed.

Current online status shows that processing has resumed on the I-485s following receipt of our fingerprints last month, and that my I-131 (AP) was approved 2 weeks ago. Again, it says that a receipt was mailed that day, but I have not received it.

Online status further shows that my I-765 (EAD) was approved yesterday, but I am concerned that this approval notice will not get to me either.

I have just spent 20 minutes trying to find a way of talking to someone at USCIS, but it seems impossible without a receipt number, and their telephone system does not recognize any of the receipt numbers we have!

Can someone shed any light on this, i.e. what might be going on here? or, failing that, DAK how to navigate the National Customer Service Centre 'helpline' to speak to a real person - or is there another number I could call?

TIA for any help!
I spoke to Vermont USCIS 10 minutes ago because my husband's L1 extension was approved but mine and the kids are still being processed and my driving licence runs out at midnight - no visa no licence,

Make sure you put the equivalent letters in (EAC=322) before your 10 figure number, it took me 3 tries to realise this. It took about 5 minutes of going through different automated messages but I did eventually speak to somebody. Not that she was very helpful in fact my approval could take another 30 days, so I can't drive until I get my approval.

Good luck and don't forget to put the first 3 letters/digits before your number.
Old May 18th 2005, 7:31 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete
Make sure you put the equivalent letters in (EAC=322) before your 10 figure number, it took me 3 tries to realise this. It took about 5 minutes of going through different automated messages but I did eventually speak to somebody.
Thanks for your help - I tried again. After holding for eternity I eventually managed to speak to a real person, who listened to my problem, asked a few questions, and then said that she would now to transfer me to a supervisor.

After which I got a message that all supervisors are busy and it is "not possible to connect your call now - try again some other time".

I have heard that not getting receipt notices is an ongoing problem. I am really worried now that the same is going to happen with my AP approval notice (supposedly sent 2 weeks ago) and, more importantly, our EAD approval notices (issued yesterday). My son, who is very depressed, is desperate to start work (long story...).

Is there anything we can do about this?
Old May 18th 2005, 11:11 pm
Homebody

Okay, trying again: is there no one here who has any idea how we can get hold of these receipts?

TIA...
Old May 19th 2005, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
Okay, trying again: is there no one here who has any idea how we can get hold of these receipts?

TIA...
Sorry I can't help you.

Trying to get information from a government worker is like getting blood out of a stone but don't give up - even though I have.

Good Luck
Old May 19th 2005, 1:52 pm
Ldj

"DonnaElvira" <member35233@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > Okay, trying again: is there no one here who has any idea how we can get
    > hold of these receipts?
    > TIA...

Well, if you see the online status, it means you already have receipts ###.
There is no way you will be able to retrieve actual paper receipt notices.
Stick with the numbers and printouts for now .

> --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com