Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Old May 18th 2005, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

God, I need to get on with my ironing but the replies are flying in on this thread and I am gripped.
Old May 18th 2005, 3:31 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete
God, I need to get on with my ironing but the replies are flying in on this thread and I am gripped.
this is nothing, you shoulda been here for the Guinevere thread
Old May 18th 2005, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SBG&DHY
You're almost as bad a white person who acts' like they're black and visa versa. It's people like who disgust those of us who are actually proud of being an American.
I'm proud of being human....that's about as far as it goes for me. But for someone who hasn't even been out of the country (you've been to Okinawa probably) you really have no right to make any opinion about any other person. You have a lot to learn, just about life in general. Some day perhaps ignorance will be a thing of the past....but not as long as there are people like you in this world.
Old May 18th 2005, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

SBG&DHY is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Ah gees, and you started out being reasonable.

What's wrong with black? I looooooooooooooooooove black women.

omg...nothing at all. Blacks,White, Green, whoever. All equal. Talking about someone being someone that they are not.
Old May 18th 2005, 3:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

omg...nothing at all. Blacks,White, Green, whoever. All equal. Talking about someone being someone that they are not.
I jumped the gun a bit. Just thought you were about to start spewing racist rubbish.
Old May 18th 2005, 3:35 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

He's only a kid....lets not be too hard on him .....

did I really say that
Old May 18th 2005, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
this is nothing, you shoulda been here for the Guinevere thread
How sad am I? I've just searched for that thread and can't find it. Just turned the iron off, made an instant coffee and am ready for the next lot.
Old May 18th 2005, 3:36 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Firstly, Go F*** yourself. How have I earned the right? I'm a United States Marine, and I've defended this country, and soil you stand on. So sit your arse down and shut up.

That's hard to believe. My husband is a marine and he shows people a whole lot more respect than you seem to know how to.
Old May 18th 2005, 3:38 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
That's hard to believe. My husband is a marine and he shows people a whole lot more respect than you seem to know how to.
I thought he was a Sub-mariner
Old May 18th 2005, 3:39 am
Bishop John MightBe

MightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I thought he was a Sub-mariner
Why? does he go down a lot.
Old May 18th 2005, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

SBG&DHY is on a distinguished road

I feel honored you all have dedicated the last 5 pages to going right after me. Please, by all means continue.

And for the record, any Marine would feel the same if they felt that you're pissing in their yard-so to speak.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Talking about someone being someone that they are not.
You have no idea who I am....nor what I look like. You are making generalisations. I am me and I'm happy with whom I am. Some of the happiest times I've ever had were living in Britain. When we moved back here I was amazed at how horribly bad this country had become. Or so I thought, in fact I was looking at this country with new eyes, so the country probably had never changed, I had.

You are nothing more than an American robot. Programmed to think you're in the greatest country in the world. What you don't realise is that America is a part of ONE WHOLE WORLD. Its not the world in itself. Its a shame that more people can't realise that....including you. You make me sad, extremely, because your pathetic way of looking at life is what is so very wrong with a lot of people in general. Sorry, now I'm making generalisations....I supposed its easy, all things considering.
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

editted.
Hi SBG&DHY,

You are only going to get yourself banned. You would probably be best off if you just quit now.

All you are doing is solidifying the view that a lot of people have of Americans. People have the right to say whatever they like about America. Accept that some of it may not be good.

You come into a Brit expat forum and start making trollish comments with your first post... You can't then expect that people will just sit back and say "OK, you're right, sorry".

You obviously don't understand that Brits moan about everything because we CAN moan about everything. Accept it!
Old May 18th 2005, 3:41 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I feel honored you all have dedicated the last 5 pages to going right after me. Please, by all means continue.

And for the record, any Marine would feel the same if they felt that you're pissing in their yard-so to speak.

And a fine representative of the Marine Corps you make.
Old May 18th 2005, 3:41 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dant3
Okay, now this is just plain weird. I have never once been invited to a barbeque and not seen the adults drinking beer. They don't sit up cackling together over a 12 pack of John Smiths 'till 3 in the morning, which given the nightime temperatures in LA is a crime, but they at least drink.
I've been to a few events where they don't drink. One lady very snootily told me "we don't drink in front of our children", so I asked her "then how the **** are they going to learn?"

p.s. Just trying to get us back on topic here. Leave the idiot be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.