Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

This USA forum is harsh....

Wikiposts

This USA forum is harsh....

Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:45 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This USA forum is harsh....

Originally Posted by Bob
which lays out the basics and links to a lot of the very basic first steps and questions in the wiki.
Most of which, it should be pointed out, has been written with the blood, sweat and tears of the very posters who some of the noobs on here are complaining about.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:47 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Blood, sweat and tears!

Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:52 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Meauxna aint a mod no moar. Nor is Rete.

http://files.sharenator.com/stalin_1...2-1655-580.jpg

This guy had fantastic hair.
What are you saying? Meauxna and Rete have admitted to their crimes against BE, and been sent for re-education?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Maltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really nice

Originally Posted by MoshiMoshi
Fair enough. But on every single internet forum, people get grumpy when new arrivals don't do any kind of search before asking questions. The subtext is: 'my time is too precious to be spent ploughing through previous posts; your time is not too precious to be spent answering the same questions over and over'.
that may be so but it is still rude, some "Newbies" don't know how to do a search or the search feature just does not work well. Isn't just simpler to anwser a question in a civil manner than to give some snarky remark.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:55 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Blood, sweat and tears!

You contributed a nice article once about getting a B2 as a crim -- hope you put that in the wiki. If you didn't, please do. because that's one more than the rest of the whiners on here.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Maltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Seems like a good opportunity to revive this.
How's this for Mickeytaking (pun intended) Disneyland is in California, Disneyworld is in Florida reference to number 8 on the above list,
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:12 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
What are you saying? Meauxna and Rete have admitted to their crimes against BE, and been sent for re-education?
No. I am saying Stalin had nice hair. There is no connection. I just needed to share that picture.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:13 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You contributed a nice article once about getting a B2 as a crim -- hope you put that in the wiki. If you didn't, please do. because that's one more than the rest of the whiners on here.
Nope. I never added it to the wiki, and as far as I'm concerned that's a moderators responsibility anyway.

What I will do though, and continue to do so, is respond to similar queries regarding CIMT/ waiver of ineligibility etc by posting a link to that thread and pointing out any helpful info from my own experience and knowledge.

Last edited by materialcontroller; Oct 17th 2011 at 10:18 am.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:41 am
Septicity

Nope. I never added it to the wiki, and as far as I'm concerned that's a moderators responsibility anyway.

What I will do though, and continue to do so, is respond to similar queries regarding CIMT/ waiver of ineligibility etc by posting a link to that thread and pointing out any helpful info from my own experience and knowledge.
The wiki's for all. Throw it in there.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I used to tell them I was visiting my fiancée and did not get sent to secondary.
On my first trip I told them I was visiting my girlfriend, they asked where we met and where was I staying. I told them Jordan and the name of the hotel and that was it.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 11:02 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maltoo
that may be so but it is still rude, some "Newbies" don't know how to do a search or the search feature just does not work well. Isn't just simpler to anwser a question in a civil manner than to give some snarky remark.
They've managed to google out this site, what's one more step in a major life changing event?

Folks who at least try that and then say they still couldn't find anything get a much better reception than someone who hasn't even bothered trying that...
Old Oct 17th 2011, 11:05 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's a wiki...the whole point is that anyone with information can contribute to it.

IF you have information you think should be in there and either can't be arsed to create a page or know how to go about it, but have the information at hand, asking in Site Feedback, or a mod will get you started.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 11:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
It's a wiki...the whole point is that anyone with information can contribute to it.

IF you have information you think should be in there and either can't be arsed to create a page or know how to go about it, but have the information at hand, asking in Site Feedback, or a mod will get you started.
Can't you do it Bob...surely you've got nothing better to do?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 12:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Can't you do it Bob...surely you've got nothing better to do?

Indeed
Old Oct 17th 2011, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
They've managed to google out this site, what's one more step in a major life changing event?

Folks who at least try that and then say they still couldn't find anything get a much better reception than someone who hasn't even bothered trying that...

Oh, I see, so you have to take the time to type out that you bothered to search the site before you post, before you can expect an answer to your the question in a civil way...good to know will keep that in mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.