Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

This USA forum is harsh....

This USA forum is harsh....

Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:10 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This USA forum is harsh....

Originally Posted by fatbrit
those water moccasin are great security devices
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
...If you find it such a chore, perhaps you ought to just say nothing instead.
People have been helping for years...most don't even get a thank you. This place would be dead if folks didn't help out, you can't blame them for getting a little annoyed with seeing the same question being posted by multiple people on the same page, it's even worse when it's the same person.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Many people have actually found this forum through using Google, so it seems a little unfair to criticise them for doing no research once they get here.
That's the thing. They googled this site comes up, they stop doing anything else.

It doesn't take much to read the FAQ, possibly browse the wiki etc.

BE isn't a special snow flake in this...it is the same with pretty much every forum out there that people are expected to browse around, have a bit of a read, possibly introduce themselves before posting asking for help.

What tends to happen, they find the site, they don't look on the first page to see the same question they have is 3 threads down, post their question, get the answer and bugger off never to be seen again, nor a word of thanks.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:28 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one to really want to know what Chippy's question is?
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Am I the only one to really want to know what Chippy's question is?
He didn't/dare ask one.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapeety
That said, it doesn't cost anything to be friendly...
It also doesn't cost anything to be blunt and rude! Of course, every now and then a mod'll jump on you and tell you to dial it down a bit... but that's half the fun of BE.

...I do think there's always room for common courtesy.
What about uncommon courtesy, eh? I think common courtesy is overrated.

I think Beethoven is also overrated... I mean, people go on and on about his being deaf and all and yet he still managed to write all that great music. But y'know what? He wasn't born deaf! He could hear the music in his head long before he ever started to go deaf! People who like Beethoven probably also like Philip Glass.

... and don't get me started on Morris Dancers!

Ian
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Jack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really niceJack97 is just really nice

Well, I don't think this forum is harsh. But I always do a search before posting a question and most times I find an answer in an old thread. If not, I post my question and have never been treated harshly.
So.....thank you
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That's the thing. They googled this site comes up, they stop doing anything else.

It doesn't take much to read the FAQ, possibly browse the wiki etc.

BE isn't a special snow flake in this...it is the same with pretty much every forum out there that people are expected to browse around, have a bit of a read, possibly introduce themselves before posting asking for help.

What tends to happen, they find the site, they don't look on the first page to see the same question they have is 3 threads down, post their question, get the answer and bugger off never to be seen again, nor a word of thanks.

Well I'll be the first to admit, when I buy something I very rarely read the set of directions/instructions before I use it I suppose that's the same thing as coming on here and not bothering to read the wiki etc.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:33 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
He didn't/dare ask one.
Nobody communicates with you directly, JG. You should have noticed that by now.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have another example, the Refrigeration guy just started in the US Immigration forum.

Wants to bring wife and 4 kids.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:49 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You just can't find fresh mehs here in the desert. And frozen doesn't cut it for me.
You should start a thread. The quality of UK meh vs US meh.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:52 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
We have another example, the Refrigeration guy just started in the US Immigration forum.

Wants to bring wife and 4 kids.
I'm sure MaterialController or Sancho will be along shortly to give him some constructive friendly advise
Old Oct 18th 2011, 6:04 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Just as an aside, one time a Mod on here sent me a private message that was just a massive photograph of someones arse.

So it's not all bad.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 6:05 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex
Just as an aside, one time a Mod on here sent me a private message that was just a massive photograph of someones arse.

So it's not all bad.
I never get pictures of people's arses.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 6:06 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk
I never get pictures of people's arses.
Be careful what you wish for

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.