Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

This USA forum is harsh....

Wikiposts

This USA forum is harsh....

Old Oct 19th 2011, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This USA forum is harsh....

Originally Posted by Boiler
Actually I have found some Americans who have a sense of humour.
I am Norwegian, and we have a sense of humor. The parrot was pining for the fjords, after all.....
Old Oct 19th 2011, 10:12 am
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by discoviking
I am Norwegian, and we have a sense of humor. The parrot was pining for the fjords, after all.....
Better than being a Canadian!
Old Oct 19th 2011, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Actually I have found some Americans who have a sense of humour.
Where ??
Old Oct 19th 2011, 10:19 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
We've been ... here long enough now that everyone has learned from Ayn Rand that other people do not matter, Kindness and generosity have no part in the objective mind set.
Respectfully, if that's what you believe then you don't actually understand Objectivism. Well... 'nuff said.

Ian
Old Oct 19th 2011, 11:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought Norwegians could spell?

Last edited by scrubbedexpat099; Oct 19th 2011 at 11:38 am.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 7:55 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Am I the only one to really want to know what Chippy's question is?
Thankyou N1cky for being the only one to notice. I have posted my question in the marriage visa section.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Norwegians could spell?
We do know the art of spelling, yes. We even have 3 more letters in our alphabet than you do, so there!

And didn't the -our ending originate with anglo-french???? Why would you need to adopt anything from the french??
Old Oct 20th 2011, 6:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

We do know the art of spelling, yes. We even have 3 more letters in our alphabet than you do, so there!

And didn't the -our ending originate with anglo-french???? Why would you need to adopt anything from the french??
I assumed you would be OK with Norman French.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:02 am
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

I assumed you would be OK with Norman French.
He thought you meant Dawn French.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:16 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Chippy has a point. In my prior identity on these forums a lot of harsh abuse was directed my way -- and one day I just had had it.

This area of law if of personal interest to me -- and I try to nudge people off of bad tracks. It is a lot easier for me to do that even if people do think I am "cryptic." Actually, it is US immigration law and its interpretation that is cryptic, obscure, and usually quite absurd.

My favorite marching song in the US Army was to the tune of Colonel Bogey and described what makes the grass grow green. There is a lot of green grass in immigration.

Also, I like to quote Paul Simon these days: "Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."

I have moved away from my old quotation from Mr. Simon: "The trouble is all inside your head she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically. I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free."

Peace.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:19 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
My favorite marching song in the US Army was to the tune of Colonel Bogey and described what makes the grass grow green.
So it wasn't 'Hitler has only got one ball ...' then?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:45 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
So it wasn't 'Hitler has only got one ball ...' then?
See footnote #4 in this wikipedia article. I learned it somewhat differently: "Or is it bulls***t and xxxx combined?"
Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:47 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

See footnote #4 in this wikipedia article. I learned it somewhat differently: "Or is it bulls***t and xxxx combined?"
Using extreme guesswork here, but do those four x's refer to a cat by another name by any chance?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:51 am
BE Commentator

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Using extreme guesswork here, but do those four x's refer to a cat by another name by any chance?
It is a null notation for what ever you happen to be insulting: e.g. "Bulls***t makes the grass go green; the Marines do the same damn thing ..."
Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:52 am
I have a comma problem

It is a null notation for what ever you happen to be insulting: e.g. "Bulls***t makes the grass go green; the Marines do the same damn thing ..."
Ah, anything goes as long as you can make it scan.

Antidisestablishmentarianists would be a challenge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.