Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US-Mexico border wall

US-Mexico border wall

Old Dec 16th 2005, 1:43 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US-Mexico border wall

Originally Posted by Manc
See when I say that to a woman I get a slap.
You probably aren't holding your mouth right.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 1:55 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I do not wish to appear as an Anglophile.... yet somehow, I expect better from Brits.
Ah, well, you've only met the best see.

But no - no one who saw the "paki-bashing" (excuse the term please) in London in the seventies could ever think that we are in some way exempt from that kind of garbage.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:02 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Ah, well, you've only met the best see.

But no - no one who saw the "paki-bashing" (excuse the term please) in London in the seventies could ever think that we are in some way exempt from that kind of garbage.
For God's sake, that was the 70's! No country is exempt. I still believe you guys are ahead of us, despite the exceptions that prove the rule.

I admit, I'm more appalled when I see a racist Brit than a racist American. That's probably something I will have to sort out within my own feeble brain.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:03 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

For God's sake, that was the 70's! No country is exempt. I still believe you guys are ahead of us, despite the exceptions that prove the rule.

I admit, I'm more appalled when I see a racist Brit than a racist American. That's probably something I will have to sort out within my own feeble brain.
www.dailymail.co.uk

should dispell all myths.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:05 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

In fact I think Ray already reads it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...e_id=1770&ct=5
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:08 am
WTF?

www.dailymail.co.uk

should dispell all myths.
:scared:
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:09 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Oh it still goes on everywhere, every country I've been to . You should hear some Brits on the subject of immigrants and asylum seekers. Not good.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:14 am
WTF?

Oh it still goes on everywhere, every country I've been to . You should hear some Brits on the subject of immigrants and asylum seekers. Not good.
I know that's true. I've seen it here on BE. I can hang with the arguments about how excessive immigration effects the economy.... but when they get into specific racial bias... Well, let's just say it makes me very sad.

This group is ok... but this group can't possibly come in.... because they look/smell/think/worship differently than us.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:19 am

I know that's true. I've seen it here on BE. I can hang with the arguments about how excessive immigration effects the economy.... but when they get into specific racial bias... Well, let's just say it makes me very sad.

This group is ok... but this group can't possibly come in.... because they look/smell/think/worship differently than us.

I have difficulty with the criminalisation of the people. I can't understand the lack of empathy that prevents people from appreciating the depths of poverty from which so many immigrants come; and I can't understand why they don't see that a parent would do anything to save their child from disease and hunger. I've know too many people in that condition. Sitting and watching your baby die because you can't buy antibiotics because your country's economy is up the creek without a paddle is not the same as waiting in a semi-detached in England for your paperwork to come through.

Here endeth the lesson.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:21 am
@matthewb76

I have difficulty with the criminalisation of the people. I can't understand the lack of empathy that prevents people from appreciating the depths of poverty from which so many immigrants come; and I can't understand why they don't see that a parent would do anything to save their child from disease and hunger. I've know too many people in that condition. Sitting and watching your baby die because you can't buy antibiotics because your country's economy is up the creek without a paddle is not the same as waiting in a semi-detached in England for your paperwork to come through.

Here endeth the lesson.
that's deep and wi.......*slap*
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:21 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

When I was a "yoof" we used the word spic.. well actually Spick.. coupled with Span ... Some of the older gentlemen will remember ....
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:22 am

that's deep and wi.......*slap*

I don't think I'd find it necessary to actually slap you.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by Ray
When I was a "yoof" we used the word spic.. well actually Spick.. coupled with Span ... Some of the older gentlemen will remember ....

It's a kind of floor cleaner isn't it?
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:23 am
@matthewb76

It's a kind of floor cleaner isn't it?
thought it was a term for "clean"
Old Dec 16th 2005, 2:24 am

thought it was a term for "clean"

Ray must be squeaky clean then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.