Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Truck Advice

Truck Advice

Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:47 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Truck Advice

I will say Terry has been around here a very long time ..and I have never seen him try to sell anything.. in fact he has offered help many times to various posters here without a sales tactic behind it ..
No way can he be considered a bad guy.. just a business man..

Ray .. The Ram lover ....
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I wouldn't admit to that.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
ahem.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
ahem.
But I always pick a good looking one ...
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:06 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

ahem.
Just be worried if he has a pentangle on his door mat

Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:22 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I will say Terry has been around here a very long time ..and I have never seen him try to sell anything..
His signature line is effectively a business card, he's using this forum to market his services.

I won't begrudge him of the right to make a living, but he has made statements here here that are false or misleading, i.e. claiming that pricing and holdback information is not readily available, or that the invoice price varies from can be found from standard sources.

No need to believe him or me: you can find all the information that you need from public sources, if you know where to look.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:27 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
His signature line is effectively a business card, he's using this forum to market his services.
I won't begrudge him of the right to make a living, but he has made statements here here that are false or misleading, i.e. claiming that pricing and holdback information is not readily available, or that the invoice price varies from can be found from standard sources.
No need to believe him or me: you can find all the information that you need from public sources, if you know where to look.
Well Bill Gates says his system are wonderful... I don't always believe what ever I'm told ..or read ...
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

are you from Wales by any chance???
Old Oct 21st 2005, 10:39 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

what the pics? No. Shall I remove them for you? and post some of mine instead do you think?
LOL, not the pics. let me explain. My question was really asking you whether you owned the beach or the babe. Seems unlikely. So really your no closer to those girlies or the sand than the average tourist. You can but wish though.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 10:55 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
LOL, not the pics. let me explain. My question was really asking you whether you owned the beach or the babe. Seems unlikely. So really your no closer to those girlies or the sand than the average tourist. You can but wish though.
Yes but I get to lay on one and stare at the other....I'll let you work out which is which.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 3:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
.... Any suggestions from people that drive any of these would be gratefully excepted.
I'd recommend a Ford - I have had absolutely zero problems with mine since I bought it three years ago. It seems to me that around here, most tradesmen either drive Fords or Chevies, which I assume has something to do with Dodges having a bad reputation for reliability - many of the problems being transmission related.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 3:10 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Dodges having a bad reputation for reliability - many of the problems being transmission related.
I'd have to agree with that one, had to have my tranny rebuilt a year ago, cost an arm and a leg, although a lot of it was my fault.... heavy right foot, it does do nice wheel spins when it's not loaded
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 4:10 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I'd recommend a Ford - I have had absolutely zero problems with mine since I bought it three years ago. It seems to me that around here, most tradesmen either drive Fords or Chevies, which I assume has something to do with Dodges having a bad reputation for reliability - many of the problems being transmission related.
The MSN reliabilty charts seem to diagree with that ..
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 3:35 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP

I wish you doubters would read what I write and not read into what I write.

I never claimed that pricing and holdback information is not readily available. What I said was that the actual invoice for a given vehicle is not available on KBB or wherever and that the actual holdback on any given vehicle is none of your business.

If you choose to believe otherwise that's your perogative but please don't imply that what I write is either false or tainted by my business interests.

I have never made a penny from any member of this excellent forum and have given free advice, privately, to several members who asked for it.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 3:53 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I will say Terry has been around here a very long time ..and I have never seen him try to sell anything.. in fact he has offered help many times to various posters here without a sales tactic behind it ..
No way can he be considered a bad guy.. just a business man..
I concur.

He only gets into hot water though when he tries to defend his chosen profession.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.