Sprouts

Old Nov 27th 2010, 2:25 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sprouts

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
Roasting them is the way forward!

http://www.google.com/landing/thanksgiving/#bsprouts

This is the recipe in question.
I just wondered whether cooking method (e.g. boiling vs steaming vs roasting) affects the fart factor? Can't believe I never considered this before. There may be an optimum way of getting the most efficient sprout-to-gas ratio that could be measured as cubic litres of fart per kilogram of vegetable. I think Mrs tonrob and I need to conduct some sot of scientific experiment this Christmas...
Old Nov 27th 2010, 2:42 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks MrEmjoy!

Originally Posted by tonrob
I just wondered whether cooking method (e.g. boiling vs steaming vs roasting) affects the fart factor? Can't believe I never considered this before. There may be an optimum way of getting the most efficient sprout-to-gas ratio that could be measured as cubic litres of fart per kilogram of vegetable. I think Mrs tonrob and I need to conduct some sot of scientific experiment this Christmas...
tonrob - if you can come up with a reliable and repeatable way of generating large volumes of precisely timed farts, that might be very useful, for airports doing enhanced patdowns and suchlike.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 3:19 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tonrob
The most effective way of getting the most STG ratio is to boil them as much as possible.

Roasting will have the least amount of STG ratio.

Steaming will eventually get them there as essentially its the same process as boiling them but boiling them will get you the most STG.

I think the brighter green they are the the more STG you will get.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 8:30 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

The most effective way of getting the most STG ratio is to boil them as much as possible.

Roasting will have the least amount of STG ratio.

Steaming will eventually get them there as essentially its the same process as boiling them but boiling them will get you the most STG.

I think the brighter green they are the the more STG you will get.
And if you boil them you can use the water for gravy - double the fun.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 3:06 am
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Roasting them is the way forward!

http://www.google.com/landing/thanksgiving/#bsprouts

This is the recipe in question.
It was this recipe, thanks for finding it for me!! They were YUMMY!!!!