Sprouts

Old Nov 17th 2010, 7:17 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sprouts

Originally Posted by zargof
You seem to forget c*l*ry of which there is nothing more vile. I mean sprouts are pretty horrific, but covered in Marmite to take away the taste could possibly be eaten. But with c*7*ry even that wouldn't deal with the disgustingly stringy texture.

You evil, evil bastard...
Old Nov 17th 2010, 7:20 pm
Irritant

merz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zargof
You seem to forget c*l*ry of which there is nothing more vile. I mean sprouts are pretty horrific, but covered in Marmite to take away the taste could possibly be eaten. But with c*7*ry even that wouldn't deal with the disgustingly stringy texture.
Totally with you on that. It appears to be the only food I cannot eat...and people say "oh but it doesn't taste of anything". What!!?
Vile. I would rather eat witchetty grubs or whatever they are called.

On the sprout front, I have fooled several anti-sproutists into eating them with my fantabulous veggie curry. They NEVER expect a sprout in there

merz
Old Nov 17th 2010, 7:21 pm
Irritant

merz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tonrob
I think that's the best farting song I've ever heard! Karma sent.
Why thank you...it's the Christmas song in my house.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 7:44 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merz
On the sprout front, I have fooled several anti-sproutists into eating them with my fantabulous veggie curry. They NEVER expect a sprout in there

merz

Mmmmm..... is there cauliflower too?
Old Nov 17th 2010, 7:58 pm
Irritant

Mmmmm..... is there cauliflower too?
of course! And courgettes..and butternut squash if I can A. find one a B on the given day find the superhuman strength needed to cut the bloody things..and peas...I try to find seasonal veggies but mostly whatever I have in the cupboard.

Cauliflower seems to bring out the same love/hate feelings as sprouts. Daughter says it looks like brains.

In my quest to 'like' c*l*ry I even tried making it into a curry.
Nothing will ever make that obscene excuse for a vegetable palatable.

merz
Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:25 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

of course! And courgettes..and butternut squash if I can A. find one a B on the given day find the superhuman strength needed to cut the bloody things..and peas...I try to find seasonal veggies but mostly whatever I have in the cupboard.

Cauliflower seems to bring out the same love/hate feelings as sprouts. Daughter says it looks like brains.

merz
Celery is OK, it's the base for most good sauces.

Chopped up really small along with Onion and Carrot it's great!
Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:34 pm
Septic Sprout

merz
My favorite curry would include sprouts, cauliflower, chick peas, onions and lots and lots of chillies!

Mmmmmm.... hungry.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 3:55 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

chick peas, onions and lots and lots of chillies!

Mmmmmm.... hungry.
Now you're talking! Chickpeas are a BIG favorite!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 4:50 pm
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Now you're talking! Chickpeas are a BIG favorite!
Hey! I saw what you did there.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 5:29 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Hey! I saw what you did there.
You talking to me? (looks over shoulder and tries to find the "who me? I'm innocent" smilie)
Old Nov 18th 2010, 5:45 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
You talking to me? (looks over shoulder and tries to find the "who me? I'm innocent" smilie)

Old Nov 27th 2010, 4:28 am
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

For Thanksgiving this year I roasted my sprouts.

I happened across Google y'day morning and they had Thanksgiving receipes one of which included roasting the sprouts, so I gave it a go and they were PERFECT!! nomnomnomnom!!!

I will NEVER steam a sprout again!!
Old Nov 27th 2010, 5:34 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Burn1911
For Thanksgiving this year I roasted my sprouts.

I happened across Google y'day morning and they had Thanksgiving receipes one of which included roasting the sprouts, so I gave it a go and they were PERFECT!! nomnomnomnom!!!

I will NEVER steam a sprout again!!
Post it in the recipe thread, please. I've got 2lb of the buggers in the freezer and, while I like them boiled, I reckon I've got enough in stock to branch out a bit.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 11:57 am
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Post it in the recipe thread, please. I've got 2lb of the buggers in the freezer and, while I like them boiled, I reckon I've got enough in stock to branch out a bit.
Hmmmm.... you might have queered the pitch with that freezing malarkey. They'll need to be good and dry to roast them properly otherwise they'll just steam in the oven. If you've got a load frozen then make an over-sized sprout jalfrezi (with plenty of those thin green chillis you wish you hadn't had the next morning) and then freeze portions of that for later use. Then go out to the shops and buy some nice fresh sprouts and roast them to your heart's content. I'm thinking a little roasted garlic with them and then maybe some olive oil and lemon rind, plus a little salt and pepper.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 12:41 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Roasting them is the way forward!

http://www.google.com/landing/thanksgiving/#bsprouts

This is the recipe in question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.